MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

a bad, depressing sign...

5 former MacMurray players sat directly in front of me last night.. I recognized each of them....none of them were Spencer Whitlock or Brady Slagle... each graduated in the last 2 or 3 years.. at least 3 of them were starters... I have written about them on these pages many times...

Couldn't remember the name of a single one of them..

Damn
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

WUPHF

Feel free to post updates!

Game is tomorrow...nevermind.  Not sure why they do that. 

hopefan

Looks like a beautiful day for another ride to Jacksonville...

some pre trip thoughts...

Wonder if anyone besides WUH enjoyed my comments during the Thursday night games... no one said anything, so I'll never know... what's new...

There is a veteran SLIAC coach considering hanging it up... he's so good at what he does... I hope he can figure out how to juggle a hectic schedule and decides to continue to be one of the SLIAC's finest....

Word to Principia  (is Principia allowed to read these pages?)... go national... this group of kids deserves a shot at being a winner next year...  no one inside the program has ever experienced winning... so why would it change next year with 'status quo'?  And the players returning are REALLY GOOD...

And to all the of the teams... ups and downs galore... disappointing memories offset by great ones.. the competition across the board made it a super season... thanks so much....

hopefan

Realistic attendance Thursday night semis was 1200 not the 300 in the box score. Actual attendance today, SU vs WC, in stands, 52

hopefan

WUPHF

Go Blue Jays!

Westminster get their third win over Spalding by a combined total of 10 points.

haterinthehouse

How many POY is this for Creal? 3 in a row? Hosted SLIAC
How many trips to NCAA's?

hopefan

Dang Hater, thought you only picked on Kollar and the boys!!!!

haterinthehouse

We will see if Kollar is tired of the BC BS and jumps ship, or we will see if he can recruit worth a damn. He had a nucleus of athletic and solid players already in place. Frankly they underachieved. Can he recruit to the pit that is Blackburn and the pointless work program and rising costs.

As for Creal...why do they continuously underachieve in conference tnmt?

hopefan

Quote from: haterinthehouse on February 28, 2016, 09:48:18 AM

As for Creal...why do they continuously underachieve in conference tnmt?

Perhaps he overachieved during the regular season... Something to think about.....Kind of the Blues and Cardinals philosophy.... honestly, I didn't favor Mac in the Spalding matchup.. though I would have favored them vs GC or WC...

hopefan

Disappointing for Iowa Wesleyan and the SLIAC, Iowa Wesleyan does not make the field of eight for the USCAA D1 National Championships... They really crashed in the 2nd half of the conference season..  The Iowa Wesleyan Women's team did make the USCAA D1 Women's Tourney field.. best of luck to them...Last year, both the men's and the women's squad made the tourney..

This was the 3rd year of Iowa Wesleyan's Provisional status with the NCAA... 4 years are required..so IWU*** will have another shot at the USCAA next year....

hopefan

I may have missed it on SLIAC.org, but I didn't see the All tourney team announced, except for the two who made it from the Westminster Championship team...

Greenville... Daniel Saelli... he's the point on Greenville's second unit, and was the only Greenville player who made anything from the perimeter on Thursday night..

MacMurray... Lance Buhlig.... reserve guard, he too was about it for his team offensively

Spalding... Nick Trisko...incredible on the boards in the finals, collected every rebound in sight.. and to give my interpretation of the last play of the game... a perfect miss on the free throw by James Turner allowed Trisko to get his hands on the rebound, and in the rebounding melee, he tapped, pushed the ball back at the hoop, and it went to the side of the rim.. it was NOT a 'jump shot' or a 'layup'....
                James Turner... shot very well both nights

Westmin ... Jimmy Villallabos... reserve guard, huge steals defensively led to win in championship game, several key hoops...

MOP of Tournament... Nick Carlos... one man show from 3's in the finals....

If there had to be at least one person from each team, these were the perfect selections... if someone from either Mac or GC was not selected, then Romo Tabb or Rylan Rowe would have been good selections....

hopefan

Amusing... it just doesn't pay to be the SLIAC, located in the very center of the country, where your rep can be sent to the Central Region, or the Great Lakes region, or the South Region..we could even go to the West region if the Iowa Conf was hosting...  Whereever a lamb for the slaughter was needed..

So D3Hoops.com projections have our Conference champs on the men's side, Westminster, going up to play No 1 in D3 Men's rankings, Augustana...

Not to be outdone... the projections have our Women's champs, Greenville, going over to the South, to play No 1 Thomas More (ever heard of Sydney Moss, SLIAC fans?

aaaaah, if only we were located east of the Ohio River and could play ANYONE over there, maybe we'd be better than a 50 point underdog...

I actually hope it works as projected... there is a certain additional excitement in preparing to play Number 1.. that thought that each kid has that just maybe, I CAN DO IT....

WUPHF

Quote from: hopefan on February 28, 2016, 07:54:04 PM
MOP of Tournament... Nick Carlos... one man show from 3's in the finals....

I love that Nick Carlos put-back in the championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQAXQShjv24&feature=youtu.be&platform=hootsuite

This Westminster team is very young.

They may die a horrible death at Augustana or wherever they go, but the experience will be well worth it if they can use this to return knowing exactly what the goal is next season.

WUPHF

I have been following the SLIAC to some degree for 5-6 seasons now and while this may have been the best season by far.  Just wild from start to finish.