MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerFanAlso2

Been out of town for the past eight days, what has happened to HSC b'ball team? Lost three in a row, including a blow out by RC at home and now heading to VWC. Hard to figure, still time to recover and make a run. 

y_jack_lok

Quote from: y_jack_lok on February 06, 2016, 08:34:40 PM
Montese Adams and Darryl Williams don't play against EMU today. Hope they're okay.

Good to see these two back on the court at W&L last night. Great road win for the Jackets.

jknezek

Quote from: y_jack_lok on February 09, 2016, 10:18:38 AM
Montese Adams and Darryl Williams don't play against EMU today. Hope they're okay.

Good to see these two back on the court at W&L last night. Great road win for the Jackets.

Road slaughter was more like it. Uggh...

CMR

Quote from: jknezek on February 09, 2016, 10:20:52 AM

The 'D' performed well for 40 minutes last night, but still work to do to end the season strong.  Silverthorn still out, didn't even see him on the bench.  There's a bug going around my office, may be the same for the RMC team.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: jknezek on February 09, 2016, 10:20:52 AM

The second half made it clear that the Generals played with very little energy in the first half. They looked much better in the second half, but still wound up being outscored.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

2RMCFans

If we hadn't seen it with our own 4 eyes we would not believe it.  Shenandoah came to play & the Jackets just weren't ready.  And there was no luck for the home team... so many shots rimmed or popped out.  Hard to believe this result, but credit to the Hornets.   

Shake it off team-- you have a very tough road ahead of you!

GO JACKETS!!!!

Swish3

How unpredictable is R-MC?  They dismantle V-WC and W&L, yet lose at home to Bridgewater and Shenandoah...talk about Jekyll and Hyde.

flightless bird fan

Runnin' Royals get a solid road win at BC.  Three games left, two at home and one on the road.  All three of the first matchups against the opponents were close.  (Course, it seems all the EMU matches are.) If they can win two of three, I would see that as a pretty good year for this very young team.  http://www.emuroyals.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/releases/20160210wjqdxh

jmill07

Nice showing for ODAC in Regional rankings: VWC No. 3, Lynchburg No. 4, Roanoke No. 7....VWC is 7-1 in last eight games, including last night's impressive run past Hampden-Sydney...Marlins hit 15 triples...Lynchburg will probably slip in rankings after a loss to Randolph and Roanoke was fortunate to get past WLU by a point on the home court....should be an interesting run to the finish!

y_jack_lok

Quote from: 2RMCFans on February 10, 2016, 08:56:43 PM
If we hadn't seen it with our own 4 eyes we would not believe it.  Shenandoah came to play & the Jackets just weren't ready.  And there was no luck for the home team... so many shots rimmed or popped out.  Hard to believe this result, but credit to the Hornets.   

Shake it off team-- you have a very tough road ahead of you!

GO JACKETS!!!!

Quote from: Swish3 on February 11, 2016, 09:39:39 AM
How unpredictable is R-MC?  They dismantle V-WC and W&L, yet lose at home to Bridgewater and Shenandoah...talk about Jekyll and Hyde.

Watched most of it. After a few early misses on layups the Jackets were not able to get the ball down low inside the SU zone until Darryl Williams entered the game in the 2nd half. Lamont Moore in foul trouble much of the game, but it probably didn't matter.

I have never played basketball competitively so I probably shouldn't be saying this, but I'm going to do it anyway. I've watched a ton over the years and my observation is that the best way to shred a zone defense is with quick, decisive ball movement while players without the ball are moving and finding open spots in the zone and you ultimately get one of them the ball in a spot where they have an open look at the basket. The Jackets' passing was too passive in the first half and the guy with the ball was dribbling it too much and handing it off or passing it lazily to a teammate. The defense can keep up with an offensive player, but it can't keep up with the ball if it is being moved around and into the zone quickly enough. The Jackets were somewhat better with ball movement in the second half, but they didn't defend well enough to keep themselves in the game. Every team, every year is a work in progress, at every point in the season. Anything can happen. Good luck the rest of the way.

tigerFanAlso2

When was the last time a HSC team lost back to back games by a total of 45 points ? What the he** is going on. No defense (effort) and no offense (?). Don't know the answer but I know it has been a long, long time. They better figure a way to right the ship or this season could get away from them. Possiblity of playing on the road just to have an opportunity to get to Roanoke.

2RMCFans

Congrats to the teams in the South Region rankings!

y_jak:  You're right... the offense just looked "off" inside until Williams came in & Shenandoah just kept stepping it up against the Jackets defense. 

We hope the team can finish stronger than they looked on Wed.

GO JACKETS!!!

CMR

Coach Merkel, need to recruit size and interior defense!!!  Have given up too many offensive rebounds all season.

CMR

RMC gives up 14 offensive rebounds and 42 points in the paint, won't beat anyone with those numbers.  But, not all is lost today, HSC loses as well.