MBB: Commonwealth Conference

Started by Warren Thompson, March 16, 2005, 05:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

I'm not going to count bulk messages from administrators for breaking up my streak.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Jon on February 10, 2016, 05:43:01 PM
I'm not going to count bulk messages from administrators for breaking up my streak.

I think it was cut and paste - Pat did the women's boards.  If it were bulk, they would've been able to do them all the same.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Jon

Down goes the streak on a technicality.  Time to start a new one.

Crusaders clinch the top seed with a win tonight.  Big game tonight Lebanon Valley @ Stevenson.  Widener moves into a tie with the loser for either 5th or 6th depending Albright @ Lycoming result.

CCHoopster

Quote from: Mid-Atlantic Fan on January 21, 2016, 09:41:41 AM
Lycoming is about to run away with the conference. Historically the MACC has come down to the final week of play to see who wins it, but I think Lycoming starts to give themselves some breathing room as they are in cruise control after their disappointing loss to Widener a few weeks back. It has really sparked their engine.

Monday morning QB here.... You mean Alvernia, not Lyco :)

CCHoopster

Quote from: Jon on February 08, 2016, 06:45:41 PM
Any of the normal readers in here care to take a crack at first and second team All-Conference? Would be interested in hearing your opinions.

1st Team

Light, Landro, Marshall, Fisher, Orr

Second Team

Roberts, Cooper, Ringgold, M Miller, Sambo

HM

Dujaun Smith, R Kelly, N King, G Sapp

Jon

Thanks for a willingness to jump in, Hoopster.  I did notice your first and second team are the top 5 and second 5 in league scoring.  Obviously a good place to start, but I'd like to see how the coaches juggle that list up.

I feel like Sambo has been coming on strong.  He's a tough match-up.  Interested to see if Widener makes a push here in the last eight days will the coaches elevate him on the ballot.

Jon

MATRIX Reloaded through Saturday games.

Eight of nine teams in the MAC Commonwealth still alive for a berth.  Tiebreakers looming large right now.

Jon

The MATRIX is uploaded.

These are the things we know for the postseason:

1. Alvernia will be #1 seed.
2. LVC is in, and would be #2 with a win over Lycoming on Saturday.
3. Albright, Hood, and Messiah are out.
4. There is a 4-way tie for the last three spots.  One team from the list of Arcadia, Lycoming, Stevenson, and Widener will also be out.

BAK4LVC

My thoughts on all-conference teams this year:

First Team
Charles Cooper, Alvernia; Marquis Marshall, Alvernia, Andy Orr, Lebanon Valley; Erik Fisher, Stevenson; Kendall Green, Widener

Second Team
John Landro, Arcadia; Sardayah Sambo, Widener; Nykolas King, Lycoming; Sam Light, Lebanon Valley; DeJuan Smith, Albright

Honorable Mention
Davon Hill, Hood; Mike Miller, Alvernia; Christian Roberts, Stevenson; Omari Ringgold, Albright; David Johnson, Lycoming

Rookie of the Year - Josh Scott, Arcadia

Coach of the Year is still potentially up for grabs this Saturday, but they will probably take the easy way out and give it to Mike Miller of Alvernia.

tweisman5

Does anyone know the tie-breaking procedures for the conference since it's likely we could end this weekend needing to go through the process to determine who is the last team in the tournament?
Go Mustangs!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: tweisman5 on February 17, 2016, 04:09:17 PM
Does anyone know the tie-breaking procedures for the conference since it's likely we could end this weekend needing to go through the process to determine who is the last team in the tournament?

Almost every conference does head to head, then best record against other conference opponents from top to bottom.  Not for sure, but I don't know any conference that does it differently.

Jon

It is as Hoops Fan says.  The particulars are on the MATRIX.  The only thing not spelled out there is basically that once a team is separated (either top or bottom) from a tied group, the remaining teams in that group revert back to the first tiebreaker (head to head).

Jon

Quote from: BAK4LVC on February 17, 2016, 12:20:14 PM
My thoughts on all-conference teams this year:

First Team
Charles Cooper, Alvernia; Marquis Marshall, Alvernia, Andy Orr, Lebanon Valley; Erik Fisher, Stevenson; Kendall Green, Widener

Second Team
John Landro, Arcadia; Sardayah Sambo, Widener; Nykolas King, Lycoming; Sam Light, Lebanon Valley; DeJuan Smith, Albright

Honorable Mention
Davon Hill, Hood; Mike Miller, Alvernia; Christian Roberts, Stevenson; Omari Ringgold, Albright; David Johnson, Lycoming

Rookie of the Year - Josh Scott, Arcadia

Coach of the Year is still potentially up for grabs this Saturday, but they will probably take the easy way out and give it to Mike Miller of Alvernia.

Like the addition of Green on the first team. He makes them go, and they've been going pretty good over the last few weeks.

Not sure going with Miller is the easy way out for Coach of the Year.  In six years in the Commonwealth prior to this one his team's seedings have been: n/a, 1, n/a, 1, 2, 4, and he's never been COTY.  Saturday's results could lead to some pretty interesting disparities between preseason poll prediction and postseason seeding.  We'll see if that plays into voting at all.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Jon on February 17, 2016, 06:59:59 PM
It is as Hoops Fan says.  The particulars are on the MATRIX.  The only thing not spelled out there is basically that once a team is separated (either top or bottom) from a tied group, the remaining teams in that group revert back to the first tiebreaker (head to head).

I'm rooting for a five-way tie for second, which is quite possible (although unlikely) after Saturday.

I checked, by the way.  If it's a five way tie, Stevenson is the odd team out.

Jon

Correct.  Stevenson is out with a loss, and the only scenario it is also out with a win is the 5-way tie for second.