MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrove

Quote from: suhoopster on January 31, 2008, 11:29:44 AM
Patrick asked for some SU fans and gets one.  Now all I hear you talk about is Baltimore baseball.  I'm going back to the other D3 message board where our conference gets some more respect.  ;D

There is another D3 message board???  :)

saratoga

NEPAFAN: Excellent! It was starting to get a little crowded on the ledge anyway. Could of swore I saw Carl heading out as I was coming in!

cold_case

Quote from: saratoga on January 31, 2008, 03:55:05 PM
NEPAFAN: Excellent! It was starting to get a little crowded on the ledge anyway. Could of swore I saw Carl heading out as I was coming in!

Did you consider giving him a little nudge??? ::)

saratoga

CC: I think there are more Royal fans on NEPAFAN'S ledge than there are for the 2nd. game at the Long Center these days.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: saratoga on January 31, 2008, 03:55:05 PM

Couple of his players might be keeping him company!

Way to bring me to the dark side!
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Matt Letourneau

What a bizarre year.  Last weekend, USMMA beat Scranton and Moravian.

Tonight, at Kings Point, Catholic beat USMMA 70-41 (!)

ronk

Yes, I'm also surprised at the Cards' blowout win on the road(especially the 1st game of the weekend) and to a lesser extent, the Royals' win spread over Juniata. Scranton did shoot better from the 3-pt line than the foul line which was a big factor.

saratoga

Scranton totally dominated this game from start to finish. The final point spread was not an indicator as to really how one-sided the game was. The Royals played one of their typical we can beat "anyone" games this evening...who knows what team will show up tomorrow. Until the Royals can prove they can play as they did tonight over a sustained period of time & against good teams on the road...the jury is still out. However, when they are firing on all cylenders as they were this evening, they truly are a fun team to watch. Kudo's to Tom Bicknell for another double/double. Tomorrow the Royals pay tribute to the Scranton 1983 National Championship Team. All the former players are in town & will be honored tomorrow between the womens & mens contest. Some great pictures of games from that season where the Royals played before about 3,000 each & every home game...can't remember the last time the men packed the Long Center. I still remember the double OT victory over Widener in the MAC Championship which may be the greatest game ever played at the Long Center.

cold_case

Quote from: saratoga on February 02, 2008, 01:28:03 AMI still remember the double OT victory over Widener in the MAC Championship which may be the greatest game ever played at the Long Center.

Wait, hold it. Two minor errors, 'toga. First, Scranton beat Widener in triple overtime and secondly, it was in the Mid-Atlantic Regional Final.

Still waiting for Colonel Letourneau to give us the Catholic final from today (although it won't be as quick as last night) and to see how he works in Scranton into his post.

Matt Letourneau

Eh?

Looks like Catholic lost 66-64 to Drew.  As I said yesterday, go figure.

What's Scranton got to do with it? 

NEPAFAN

Good win for the Royals on a day when they were without their senior all conference point guard. Lots going on at the Long Center today, I wonder if Bess had his '83 team visit  the locker room for a pep talk?

....Hoping 'toga and Carl have taken two big steps back from the ledge.

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

cold_case

That's strange. I had two karma points taken away since my last post. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure who the culprit(s) were.

saratoga

CC: You are certainly correct...the UofS/Widener game was Triple OT not "double" as I posted & it was the Regional Final. For being such a good editor...if you recently lost karma..then I'll bring you back somewhat & give you the bonus you deserve. The Royals played back to back games with fire in their eyes & some very good defense...nice to see Royals basketball of old being played for 40 minutes. Also great to see the entire 1983 National Championship Team honored between games...quite a few look like they can stll play. Now if the Royals can take these two wins & build on them for the last 5 games...perhaps snowballs do have a chance in hell. NEPAFAN, two big steps back is about right...now were back in the room at least. Still a pretty big line out there though.

NEPAFAN

No worries. According to the radio broadcast yesterday Scranton is getting a 7 footer from South Africa... ;D
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

NEPAFAN: A 7 footer from South Africa would be nice...but, I'd be just as happy with another 6'6" kid from Austraila. Speaking of the Land Down Under...Tom Bicknell has to be hands down First Team All-Landmark. He must have 14 double/doubles all ready & bangs all game long against multiple bigs from the opposition. His numbers should also get some very serious consideration for post season honors on the National scene.