WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird Dog

Quote from: doolittledog on February 04, 2012, 05:07:38 PM
Dubuque wins 64-58 in OT @ league leading Loras.

Last week Dubuque lost in OT @ league leading Coe.

Dubuque is close to being a very good team. 

To bad Coe couldn't have helped you by winning that close game at B.V..  A Coe win would have all but clinched a tournament berth for U.D.

Dubuque has Wartburg, B.V., and Cornell left.  U.D. has beaten Wartburg by 6 and BV by 10. Lost to Cornell early in the season.  Wartburg and Cornell are home games B.V. is away.  I always thought B.V. was one of the toughest venues to play in. 

doolittledog

UD women beat Wartburg 58-53 in Dubuque tonight.

Over the last 3 games...

UD lost in OT @ league leading Coe...won in OT @ league leading Loras...won @ home over league leading Wartburg. 

That is a fantastic 3 game stretch for the Lady Spartans and should make the IIAC tourney an interesting one. 

doolittledog

Tonights scores...

Simpson 81 - 66 over BVU
Central 54 - 51 @ Loras  Central picks up their 1st conference win of the season against a Duhawk team that was in 1st place a week ago
Coe 76-57 over Cornell
Dubuque 58-53 over Wartburg

Standings...

Simpson  10-3
Coe         10-4
Wartburg   9-4
Loras        9-5
Dubuque   8-6 (started conference play 0-4)
Cornell      6-7
BVU          5-8
Luther       2-11
Central      1-12

Bird Dog

Coe (10-4) sits back kicks its feet up (unlikely) and ponders a big game at Wartburg on Wed.

Central (1-12) travels to Luther (2-11) with last place on the line. 

Simpson (10-3) is at Cornell (6-7), Simpson had a three point win against Cornell in Indianola earlier in the year.  Basketball is a game of matchups.  Can Cornell find that magic and pull an upset?

Loras (9-5) is at Wartburg (9-4).  Wartburg needs  a win to tie Coe for second.  Loras needs a win to join Wartburg in a tie for third.  Wartburg win sets up an already big game against Coe.

Dubuque plays at B.V..  Dubuque won earlier in the season 64 to 54. Win here clinches playoff spot for U.D.  Key to game B.V. is third in 3pt F.G. pct.  Dubuque is second in 3pt FG pct. defense.  The games (one) I've watch B.V. win three pointers were the difference.

good luck to all.

doolittledog

Dubuque wins @ BVU.  Not sure of the score because the camera never moved and the PA announcer was a little fuzzy.

The BVU camera operator either...

A - Forgot to show up for work study

B - Wasn't able to figure out how to move the darn thing

C - Getting randy with his/her girl/boy friend up in the camera nest and couldn't be bothered with it

Bird Dog

If you think B.V. is annoying check out Wartburg.  You have to get the Video on the computer then go back and get the Audio.  Unfortunately the two are not in sync.  One is about ten seconds or more behind the other. 

Congrats to U.D. in getting a ticket to the dance (league tournament).   

Kohawk Krazy

Assuming Simpson doesn't lose again, Wednesday's game at Wartburg will decide who gets the second bye in the IIAC Tournament and who will host the other in the semifinals.  Should be a good one.

doolittledog

Quote from: Bird Dog on February 12, 2012, 12:05:46 AM
If you think B.V. is annoying check out Wartburg.  You have to get the Video on the computer then go back and get the Audio.  Unfortunately the two are not in sync.  One is about ten seconds or more behind the other. 

BVU and Wartburg are known for having supposedly good broadcasting majors.  You would think they could do better than BVU having no audio and a camera that never moves and Wartburg having seperate audio and video feeds that aren't in sync. 

This should be a good conference tourney.  I don't see a team out there that is head and shoulders above the other teams like we have seen in past seasons. 

Bird Dog

Quote from: doolittledog on February 12, 2012, 08:55:56 AM
Quote from: Bird Dog on February 12, 2012, 12:05:46 AM

BVU and Wartburg are known for having supposedly good broadcasting majors.  You would think they could do better than BVU having no audio and a camera that never moves and Wartburg having seperate audio and video feeds that aren't in sync. 

This should be a good conference tourney.  I don't see a team out there that is head and shoulders above the other teams like we have seen in past seasons. 

They sound great just not in sync with the video.

doolittledog

Tonights games...

Coe wins @ Wartburg 81-63
Dubuque beats Cornell 59-53
BVU beats Luther 86-71
Simpson wins @ Central 81-63

Standings...

Simpson  12-3
Coe         11-4
Wartburg 10-5
Dubuque  10-6 (started out 0-4)
Loras        9-6
BVU          6-9
Cornell      6-9
Luther       3-12
Central     1-14

Saturday games...
BVU @ Cornell  (that's a big game...win and you're the 6th seed...lose and you stay home)
Loras @ Simpson
Luther @ Coe
Wartburg @ Central

Bird Dog

Quote from: doolittledog on February 16, 2012, 12:03:41 AM
Tonights games...

Coe wins @ Wartburg 81-63
Dubuque beats Cornell 59-53
BVU beats Luther 86-71
Simpson wins @ Central 81-63

Standings...

Simpson  12-3
Coe         11-4
Wartburg 10-5
Dubuque  10-6 (started out 0-4)
Loras        9-6
BVU          6-9
Cornell      6-9
Luther       3-12
Central     1-14

Saturday games...
BVU @ Cornell  (that's a big game...win and you're the 6th seed...lose and you stay home)
Loras @ Simpson
Luther @ Coe
Wartburg @ Central

In the category of if, ifs and buts were candy and nuts.  If Loras beats Simpson. Simpson and  Coe tie for the league championship and Coe gets the number one seed in the tournament.  Loras won at home earlier in the season but plays at Indianola in the season finale.  A win for Loras would tie them with U.D. for fourth and possibly tie with U. D. and Wartburg (if Wartburg losses) for third (I'm not working out the tiebreaker on that one).

As Doolittledog said the B.V. at Cornell game will be big.

Bottom of the league Luther and Central have a chance for one last hurrah against Coe and Wartburg respectfully.  Wartburg has the honor of playing Central on Senior Night while Luther travels to C.R. to play Coe on Senior Night.

I remember Lisa Bluder on the radio one night talking about the uncertainty of Senior Night and how the players would react.  I have seen several games where the underdog will rise up and play superhuman ball and smite the opponent and the only explanation is Senior Night.

Good luck to all. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

FYI: Simpson Coach Brian Niemuth will be featured on Hoopsville tonight in our "School of the Week" segment. The show starts at 7:30 PM EST and Coach Niemuth will be on at about 9:40 PM EST.

To listen to the show, go to www.d3hoopsville.com
You can also follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/d3hoopsville or #hoopsville
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email us: hoopsville@d3hoops.com

See you tonight!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

If you missed tonight's Hoopsville show, the archive is already available: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2011-12/feb16-show

Coach Niemuth was on the show around the 2:15 mark...
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

doolittledog

Scores today...

Cornell beats BVU 76 - 62 earns the 6th seed over BVU with this win 
Simpson beats Loras 59 - 49 wraps up the #1 seed 
Coe beats Luther 81 - 65 will be the #2 seed 
Central beats Wartburg 83 - 82 in OT Wartburg loss gives the #3 seed to Dubuque

This was a good day to be the home team.

Final IIAC standings...

Simpson   13-3
Coe         12-4
Dubuque  10-6
Wartburg 10-6
Loras        9-7
Cornell     7-9
BVU         6-10
Luther      3-13
Central    2-14

Bird Dog

GAMES TONIGHT
#6 CORNELL @ #3 UNIVERSITY OF DUBUQUE

U.D. and Cornell split during the regular season both winning fairly close games at home.
Cornell 54  Dubuque 47 early in the season.
U.D. 59  Cornell 53
Sorry Doolittledog I have to pick U.D. to win this one (anyone that knows how poor my picking percentage is knows why I apologized).

#5 LORAS @ #4 WARTBURG.

Wartburg won both games 79 to 59 on Jan. 14, but on Feb. 11 at Wartburg the score was 55 to 52.  Loras seems to be coming on strong and Wartburg seems to fade a bit at the end of the season.

Wartburg remembers the pain last year of being the first IIAC #3 seed to ever loose to #6 seed (U.D.) defends the home turf and wins. 

Good Luck to all.

Lets hear your predictions.

After thought I think both of these games are going to be really fun to watch.  U.D. vs. Cornell more so than Wartburg/Loras because the sound at U.D. will be syncronized to the video.