FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NescacFam, Charlie and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Conts Fan

Quote from: amh63 on August 05, 2019, 10:54:57 AM
Am scanning the Nescac schools online for football news in the Village of Groton, NY.  Nice morning sitting on the porch.  Wife and I are "granddaughter" watching...i.e...we went to visit an art museum in Cooperstown, NY. Over the weekend. Saw that Colby has posted its football roster.  20 FY players on a surprising "small" roster...under 70 players.
My uncle was the long-time superintendent in Groton

Vandy74

Quote from: Hawk196 on July 31, 2019, 02:53:03 PM
Quote from: PBPOP20 on July 31, 2019, 01:55:34 PM
Quote from: gridiron on July 31, 2019, 02:25:27 AM
There is concern by some close to the football programs that the temperature may be too cold for a night game in Maine that time of year.

Too cold???  This is football, not squash...

you beat me to it....

Men and women's lacrosse begin their seasons as early as late February.  Most of last season, as fans well know, was played in winter weather.  Some games are played at night and I believe it's the Maine schools, one of them anyway, that play under the lights most often.  Too cold?  For the fans perhaps.

Former CAC Coach

Looks like Colby has not updated last year's frosh to reflect new Soph status on their website. Deduced this by noticeable absence of any Sophs.... QB Hersch was a FY last season.   

amh63

Wow Former CAC Coach....seems my earlier post wrt to Colby's roster has been UPDATED...again??
Roster number is smaller still.  My take is the SID is being given mixed confusing numbers or the coaches are "playing games".  The FY's will be arriving soon and the season will begin in Sept.  Will see who shows up on the the field to play on game day.

lumbercat

Quote from: Former CAC Coach on August 05, 2019, 06:04:55 PM
Looks like Colby has not updated last year's frosh to reflect new Soph status on their website. Deduced this by noticeable absence of any Sophs.... QB Hersch was a FY last season.

Good take, for some reason the Colby Athletics and Football website has always been behind the times in terms of IT. Only recently were they able to put up Football game summaries in a format that could be followed like the rest of the conference.
I'm sure it's only a glitch- they have 28 committed Freshmen on this years team. They are screwing up with the roster again this year.

ITH radio

Colby hiring a SID should help. Presently listed as TBD on conf directory.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

gridiron

You are correct; Colby in the process of filling the SID position. Things should improve soon. Roster size is larger than postings reflect.

footballluv

Quote from: gridiron on August 06, 2019, 09:50:32 PM
You are correct; Colby in the process of filling the SID position. Things should improve soon. Roster size is larger than postings reflect.
'
81 by my count on Colby's Roster and 28 First years
Jibri Woods   WR   Sr.
Asher Inman   DB   Sr.
Andrew DeFranco   WR   Sr.
Hans Gabriel   DL   Sr.
Sean Godin   LB   Sr.
Jack O'Brien   QB   Sr.
Alex Sands   LB   Sr.
David Smith   RB   Sr.
CJ Hassan   DB   Sr.
Gus Forseth   DB   Sr.
Chris George   RB   Sr.
Travon Bradford   OL   Sr.
Chris Shaffrey   OL   Sr.
Brandon Miner   WR   Sr.
Patrick Sopko   LB   Sr.
Mike Whiting   WR   Jr.
Ethan Smith   TE   Jr.
Rory Glavin   WR   Jr.
Bernie Sander   WR   Jr.
Carson Katen   DL   Jr.
Francesco Anile   QB   Jr.
Marcus Bullard   LB   Jr.
Nick Hall   DB   Jr.
Walter Thilly   K   Jr.
Ben Weisel   LB   Jr.
Billy Costello   LB   Jr.
Rashawn Grant   DL   Jr.
Justin Masella   DL   Jr.
Brandon Leibman   OL   Jr.
Aidan McCleary   WR   Jr.
James McCarthy   TE   Jr.
David O'Donnell   DL   Jr.
Harrison Vedrani   DL   Jr.
Matt Hersch   QB   Soph
George Eisenhauer   DB   Soph
Moises Celaya   K   Soph
Curtis Haas   K   Soph
Brett Holmes   DB   Soph
Jordan Roddy   WR   Soph
Devin Marrocco   RB   Soph
Matthew Dalton   DL   Soph
Dylan James   LB   Soph
Will Terzi   LB   Soph
Ty Mahar   OL   Soph
Thomas LaPointe   OL   Soph
Lou Gordon   OL   Soph
Everett Metchick   WR   Soph
Jack Freeman   TE   Soph
Pat Sweetnam   TE   Soph
Nick Wilcox   DL   Soph
John Leuschner   DL   Soph
Josh McCarthy   DL   Soph
Michael Staiger   DL   Soph
John Roberts     
Thomas Keeling     
Will Nipon     
Luke D'Aloia     
Ethan Phelps     
Jack Hagfeldt     
Zach Cyr     
Josh Penter     
Justin Newman     
Matthew Lund     
Donovan Ganges     
Max Mclntyre     
Cade Nagahama     
Danny Matos     
Cole Premtaj     
Pat Flaherty     
Marc Dougherty     
Tyler Gonsalves     
Liam Daly     
Patrick Dei     
Evan Domonkos     
Anthony Burnett     
Zachariah Cody     
Matt Panker     
TJ Maley     
Peter Mesna     
Lowell Carr     
Javon Williams     

gridiron

Impressive work by the Colby staff. Interested to see how it pays off.

amh63

Wesleyan has posted its preseason roster.....80 plus.  One glitch...two number 38 jersey...both defensive backs.  Imho, key will be the QB position.

gridiron

So in other words Wesleyan is matching the Colby roster.

nescac1

Wow the new indoor Colby athletic complex is crazy, looks like a D1 facility.  The best in Nescac by a wide margin which is pretty crazy in light of Colby's endowment (about 1/3 that of Amherst or Williams). Looks like the Mules are going all-in to attract athletes. 

Intriguing early QB pickup for Williams:

https://twitter.com/_colinschofield/status/1159218074828136451?s=21

One recruiting site has Schofield listed as the second-ranked QB in MA for his class (the others in the top three are committed to UMass and Brown).  After a prior regime that seemed to ignore the position entirely, Coach Raymond will have a pretty stacked QB depth chart next fall with this guy learning behind Maimaron and Bischoping. 

gridiron

Haven't seen the new Colby athletic complex in person yet but expect to soon. Clearly the school is attempting to differentiate itself from some of its NESCAC rivals and the complex is one more example. The president, David Green, has made several bold moves during his tenure including significant investment in downtown Waterville helping to stimulate additional revitalization in the area. Coach Cosgrove is another positive in the overall revitalization of athletics.

lumbercat

Colby was very fortunate to receive a $10 mil donation that was specifically designated for an Athletic/Fitness facility so not sure how much the endowment came into play in this project. The facility will be spectacular but may not have been as elaborate without the specific designation of the gift.
Kudos to the donor, a 1960's Colby Athlete and Portland businessman who was a Marine pilot in Vietnam.