FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiofootball

Wow! Our first Wilma supporter since Busta '99.

RC- In my class, we brought in 111. We left with 33. Although that number does not count those who quit when they did not make the playoff travel list.

purplebuckeye

Please vote whether you are a Mount fan or not. 

reality check

Pat

How does one create a poll that populates in the OAC Page like the one already in here?  I cannot seem to put it together myself.

ohiofootball

Your numbers seem pretty indicative of the point I was making.  If anything, I think that is actually a little higher than what I would have expected.  You also were part of a very very good class if I am correct.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

Pat Coleman

Realdeal, I don't know yet. The people who have done so so far have created their own topic, which gives them ownership of the topic and allows them to post a poll. I don't want a bunch of topics strewn all over, however.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ric

Wow this is going to take some getting used to....

Ric

A question... sorry if its already been asked... any way to make the most recent thread the first one and order the threads most recent to oldest?

Pat Coleman

It's an option in your profile. However, you can also hit the "NEW" icon next to the board name in question and it will take you to the first one you haven't read.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ric

Bart thanks you.  See you in November ;)

DII/DIIIFan

By the end of last season, it was clear that MUC and ONU were the class of the OAC with MUC still several steps ahead of ONU (it was a crime that ONU did not make the playoffs).

What do people think about this year?

Word is that both MUC and ONU had great recruiting and transfer classes (although freshmen have little impact typically since they can only start practicing a few weeks before the season begins). Some of the transfers include DI and DII transfers.

Could this be the year that MUC is finally challenged or is ONU destined for second place in the OAC?

e_lee

He probably never saw the picture and it is probably better that way.   Even if he hears his pic was up there he will be angry.  Oh well.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

tdubs

You're probably right, but it's still funny.lol.....What is up with this guy saying that ONU and Mount are going to be so far ahead of everyone else in the OAC?.....I guess we'll have to wait and see. Did you see Cap only had like 45 freshman come in?

e_lee

I noticed the small number of freshmen.  I was baffled by it as well. 

I am not going to get offended by anyone saying that MUC and ONU are far ahead of people.  Its is obvious why one would say that.  I just hope he is wrong.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

tdubs

I see where you are coming from, but you just never know in the OAC. Otterbein, JCU, BW, Etta, Musky, always knock someone off. I just hope it's not
Cap.

reality check

Not really trying to rehash anything but I figured the CAP recruiting class would pan out to be smaller than expected because of how quickly you pointed out that class size doesn't matter tdubs.  

My first thought was,"Sounds like something someone would say when their school doesn't bring in that many kids.

As far as this guy talking about ONU/MUC, I don't take much from his comments about classes/transfers.  As best I can tell, ONU has no transfers at all and the idea MUC brings in kids from other schools as transfers on a regular basis is overblown.  Typical comment made to stir the pot by someone who doesn't have much to bring to this board.  ONU has challenged in the past, so this wouldn't be the first year.  When you are go toe to toe with MUC into the 4th, you are challenging them.  And ONU went 8-2 before without making the playoffs.  They probably deserved the shot more when they lost to a very goog Stevens Point team and MUC as opposed to B-W and MUC like last year.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

seventiesraider

I would say that over the past ten years the bulk of transfers at Mount have been transfers OUT; kids that aren't willing to work through the system and wait for their turn. (Can't say I blame any of them because you go to a small school so you can play)

As a child of the sixties, I'm glad to see I have Karma, but where did that come from?
Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...