MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

For those who may not know... Randolph-Macon will once again be participating in the Hoopsville Classic on November 21-23. Here is more information and the pairings: www.d3hoops.com/notables/2014/06/hoopsville-classic-pairings-announced
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Tiger Mic

Most of you know Bridgewater radio voice, Bill Phipps.  Bill is a terrific guy and a longtime pro in our league.  Today, however, he is undergoing a medical procedure that is not cosmetic in nature (I think he'd chuckle at that).  Bill is on facebook and twitter (and probably all the rest...he's a deejay!), so look him up and give him a Get Well Soon from his friends in the league.   ;)

marlinpg10

Virginia Wesleyan has hired former Guilford standout and former RMC assistant Rhett Bonner as the new Assistant Coach. Bonner replaces Tim Sparks who took the Head Boys Basketball job at Princess Anne HS in VA Beach

hasanova

Rhett will do a great job at VWC - a good man from an equally good family.  The Marlins made a fine choice!

I count three former Guilford players as assistants in the ODAC:  Sanborn (HSC), Bonner (VWC) and Kimbrough (GC).

hscathletics

Since it's public news on Twitter now: Jay Bilas will be the featured speaker at this year H-SC Roundball Club Banquet in October. Lots more exciting news for this upcoming season should be coming out soon.

algernon

Jake Duncan appears to be a real find.  I suppose he may compete for playing time with Greg Lewis, JaVonte Reddick, and Kodie Critzer.

Hampden-Sydney is going to be hurting for big men, with the loss of Khobi, Fletcher, Sasha, and Stephen.  Hopefully, Mitch Owens is ready for a lot of solid playing time.

hscathletics

And this is one of the pieces of exciting news I alluded to the other day ago

http://hscathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2014-15/releases/20140701r5wbf7

QuoteThe Hampden-Sydney Tigers' basketball team will open its season against the United States Coast Guard Academy on Friday, November 14, as part of the Armed Forces Classic on the United States Coast Guard Air Station Borinquen in Puerto Rico. The contest will be shown live on ESPN3 prior to the previously announced matchup between 2013 NCAA National Championship Louisville and 2014 NIT Champion Minnesota on ESPN.

Michael Herbert

Quote from: algernon on July 01, 2014, 09:40:10 AM
Jake Duncan appears to be a real find.  I suppose he may compete for playing time with Greg Lewis, JaVonte Reddick, and Kodie Critzer.

Hampden-Sydney is going to be hurting for big men, with the loss of Khobi, Fletcher, Sasha, and Stephen.  Hopefully, Mitch Owens is ready for a lot of solid playing time.

Unfortunately Kodie Critzer is no longer a student at Hampden-Sydney.

CNU85

LC is getting a great guy! And having an AD who is also a hoops man, is probably not a bad thing. I knew Jon would be leaving CNU when he was not offered the CNU job. He is just too good to be an assistant forever.  Congrats to Jon and also to LC. I'm sure their interview process was thorough and they picked a great guy! He will bring immense experience and a winning attitude to LC Athletics. Recruiting just got tougher for CNU!!

http://athletics.lynchburg.edu/sports/mgolf/2013-14/releases/20140702wgq33n

tigerfanalso

Hopefully he can get a football program started at LC

hscathletics

Quote from: tigerfanalso on July 07, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
Hopefully he can get a football program started at LC
From my days at LC, good luck with that ever coming to fruition.

tigerfanalso

sure would be nice for odac; two ooc games in lieu of three

hscathletics

AS I alluded too earlier, another exciting piece of the schedule puzzle has been made official, H-SC to play Husson and Wartburg in the D3hoops.com Classic. Two more exciting additions to the schedule this year will come out eventually, hopefully soon.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2014/07/d3hoops-classic-2014-pairings

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hscathletics

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 30, 2014, 10:02:53 PM
Guessing one of those additions is the D-I game on the schedule?
http://www.d3hoops.com/teams/Hampden-Sydney/men/2014-15/index
That would be one, full regular season schedule was entered in today it looks like. Going over to UC-Irving after D3hoops Classic to play against Russell Turner '92 and his Anteaters squad. Will be interesting to see how we handle their 7'6" player. Oh, and their 7'2" and 7'0" players as well. Not often you see a team at any level with two 6'10" guys and they aren't even top three on their team in height!

Out of the office so don't know when there will be a press release about it and the other thing I've "hinted" at.