FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFB

Hardin Simmons 24
Kitty Cats 17

Foss

Quote from: umhb2001 on November 16, 2017, 08:28:04 PM
http://cruathletics.com/documents/2017/11/16//Game_Notes_NCAA_1st_Round_2017.pdf?id=2433

Cru vs Chapman game notes from UMHB. Looks to be an exciting time in Belton.

http://www.hsuathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/2017-18/files/Linfield.pdf

HSU vs Linfield game notes from Hardin-Simmons.

Thanks, umhb2001.

The HSU link/website says the Cowboys have a three-game losing streak to the 'Cats, when it's actually a four-game.

At any rate, thanks to your squad, I've grown to become a bit nervous about four-game winning streaks against really good teams from TX.

"HSU favored on the road, with Linfield kicking an undetermined number of field goals." - This is actually pretty solid analysis, and hard to argue.

The 'Cats have had a lot of FGs due to drives stunted. We will need to bring our A+ game and score some TDs instead of FGs during key drives. HSU played UMHB extremely tough and that was w/out their QB. The ASC has a solid claim this year of having the top two combined teams in one conference.

'Cats D has a huge opportunity to live up to the hype. I'm looking forward to a great showing against the high powered Cowboy O, and getting another crack at D3's finest.
A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

Foss

Best of luck to the Lutes and finding your replacement coach.

It was PLU that first put the NWC on the D3 map early on by pulverizing Rowan in the championship in the conference's (2nd?) year as part of D3.

PLU being relevant is not only good for the conference, it's good for D3 football. Quality and respected program with a ton of history.
A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

wildcat11

RFB

Quote from: wildcat11 on November 17, 2017, 01:30:34 PM
Quote from: RFB on November 17, 2017, 12:25:55 PM
Hardin Simmons 24
Kitty Cats 17

Redlands 0
Couch 0

Should I send you regular or caramel popcorn for next weeks UMHB vs. HS game?

wildcat11

Quote from: RFB on November 17, 2017, 01:32:26 PM
Hardin Simmons 24
Kitty Cats 17

Redlands 0
Couch 0

If I am home next weekend you can send me cheddar popcorn but I'm afraid the package will get stopped short in Newberg, just like the Bulldog offense.

RFB

Quote from: wildcat11 on November 17, 2017, 01:38:35 PM
Quote from: RFB on November 17, 2017, 01:32:26 PM
Hardin Simmons 24
Kitty Cats 17

Redlands 0
Couch 0

If I am home next weekend you can send me cheddar popcorn but I'm afraid the package will get stopped short in Newberg, just like the Bulldog offense.

Now that is a quality comeback. Me likey +1

Foss

Wonder how long Mt. Union will sit their starting QB now that he's been arrested.

speedybigboy

Quote from: Foss on November 17, 2017, 01:50:43 PM
Wonder how long Mt. Union will sit their starting QB now that he's been arrested.

I hear they are consulting with UCLA.

wildcat11

SCIAC crew working tomorrow's game.....

Foss

Is that good, bad or a non-issue (the officiating crew)?

gren

Is the HS QB related to Bulldog Turner?

RFB

Quote from: wildcat11 on November 17, 2017, 02:26:51 PM
SCIAC crew working tomorrow's game.....

I was pretty impressed with SCIAC officiating crews in Redlands games this year. They seemed experienced, professional, and did a great job. Hopefully that carries over to tomorrow.

merlecanlas

Quote from: Foss on November 17, 2017, 01:50:43 PM

i've heard they have called John Carroll on how to deal with troublesome QB's

George Thompson

It seems the D3 experts give Linfield little chance tomorrow.   I expect it will be a close  game.   

However I do not see HS scoring 20+ points on the Wildcats D.   A low scoring game, LC 13, HS 7

GO CATS! GO!

GT
GO CATS! GO!