MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thescottharris

Quote from: jknezek on February 11, 2019, 03:59:46 PM
Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on February 11, 2019, 03:12:33 PM
Congrats to RMC for winning the regular season and earning #1 seed. (damn, that didn't hurt too much)

For fun and giggles, does anyone know where I can find the record # of straight losses in ODAC history ? HSC has to be getting close, if not already there with 15 straight losses.

Good luck to all this week. Finish strong and free from injury. Lets see if we can't get 2 ODAC teams in the big tourney.
Lynchburg also lost 13 straight to end 06/07 and then lost 6 more to start 07/08.
Don't remind me.

Seatfiller

Looking at the current standings and the "race" for 3rd (maybe even 2nd though very doubtful) place it seems that Virginia Wesleyan, Roanoke and Lynchburg should win out and will all have records of 11-5 in the conference.  Does anyone know how the tiebreaker works in that scenario? Roanoke lost twice to Virginia Wesleyan so I'm guessing we'll get 4th or 5th, but Lynchburg beat Virginia Wesleyan and lost to Roanoke.

If Washington and Lee wins out they also go to 11-5 in the conference but I think they have a "trap" game in Randolph on Wednesday.  They also have Guilford at Guilford on Saturday.

It's going to be a interesting tourney, but the only team I think stands a chance against RMC is Guilford in my opinion. 

Also the race for 10th spot seems to be heating up as Ferrum is currently #11, but only one win behind Randolph and EMU.  I don't think it looks good for Ferrum as they have to play Roanoke and Virginia Wesleyan. I still wish everyone made the ODAC tourney though....

thescottharris

Quote from: Seatfiller on February 11, 2019, 07:28:11 PM
Looking at the current standings and the "race" for 3rd (maybe even 2nd though very doubtful) place it seems that Virginia Wesleyan, Roanoke and Lynchburg should win out and will all have records of 11-5 in the conference.  Does anyone know how the tiebreaker works in that scenario? Roanoke lost twice to Virginia Wesleyan so I'm guessing we'll get 4th or 5th, but Lynchburg beat Virginia Wesleyan and lost to Roanoke.

If Washington and Lee wins out they also go to 11-5 in the conference but I think they have a "trap" game in Randolph on Wednesday.  They also have Guilford at Guilford on Saturday.

It's going to be a interesting tourney, but the only team I think stands a chance against RMC is Guilford in my opinion. 

Also the race for 10th spot seems to be heating up as Ferrum is currently #11, but only one win behind Randolph and EMU.  I don't think it looks good for Ferrum as they have to play Roanoke and Virginia Wesleyan. I still wish everyone made the ODAC tourney though....
First tiebreaker is always head to head amongst tied teams.

thescottharris

Quote from: scotth on February 11, 2019, 09:47:44 PM

Virginia Wesleyan would be 2-1
Lynchburg 1-1
Roanoke 1-2

So VWU #3, Lynchburg #4, Roanoke #5

Seatfiller

Quote from: scotth on February 11, 2019, 09:50:11 PM
Quote from: scotth on February 11, 2019, 09:47:44 PM

Virginia Wesleyan would be 2-1
Lynchburg 1-1
Roanoke 1-2

So VWU #3, Lynchburg #4, Roanoke #5

Thanks for explaining it.  This is going to be a interesting ODAC tourney.

tigerFanAlso2

how about those Yellow Jackets; #5 in the country. Very impressive.
Played for National Championship in baseball; made to 2nd round of playoffs in football; top ten in basketball.
Pretty damn impressive athletic department.
Now let me go puke !!!!!

hasanova

I have honestly not followed the new format for the 2019 ODAC tournament, but am I correct with the following?:

The top 10 teams make the cut and the bottom three do not.
The top 6 teams get a first round bye.
Teams 7-10 play a first round game with 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 at the home courts of 7 and 8.
The 7/10 winner and the 8/9 winner join the top six in the quarterfinals in Salem with 1 vs 8/9, 2 vs 7/10, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5.

y_jack_lok

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

jknezek

Holy Cow. W&L is Regionally Ranked. In Men's Basketball. How the world has changed!

Seatfiller

Quote from: jknezek on February 13, 2019, 03:56:57 PM
Holy Cow. W&L is Regionally Ranked. In Men's Basketball. How the world has changed!

South Rankings

1   Randolph-Macon   22-2   22-2
2   Centre   19-3   21-3
3   Emory   17-5   17-5
4   Guilford   17-6   17-6
5   Lynchburg   19-5   19-5
6   Mary Hardin-Baylor   18-5   18-5
7   Washington & Lee   16-7   16-7
8   Roanoke   16-7   16-7

5 ODAC teams in this weeks ratings.  The only 2 that still play in the regular season are Guilford and Washington and Lee. It's note worthy to point out Emory and Henry who were ranked last week play at Guilford today.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: jknezek on February 13, 2019, 03:56:57 PM

In fact, of the eight teams ranked in the south region, five are from the ODAC. Last week it was four from the ODAC.

#1 R-MC
#4 GC
#5 Lynchburg
#7 W&L
#8 Roanoke

This bit of text accompanied the D3hoops.com posting to Facebook about the rankings: "The second regional rankings for men's basketball have been released. Not surprisingly, thanks in part to 'Results versus Regionally Ranked Opponents' being added to the data, there was quite a bit of movement this week."

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah ... I wrote that part on Facebook. It is true. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

2RMCFans

Quote from: hasanova on February 12, 2019, 04:45:12 PM
I have honestly not followed the new format for the 2019 ODAC tournament, but am I correct with the following?:

Teams 7-10 play a first round game with 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 at the home courts of 7 and 8.
The 7/10 winner and the 8/9 winner join the top six in the quarterfinals in Salem with 1 vs 8/9, 2 vs 7/10, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5.

You are a very good sport & we salute you!  You did omit all the past year's accomplishments of our women's sports, pretty much 1/2 of the Athletics Department at Macon.  But, who's counting?  ;D

Best of luck to all for play in's and for Salem!  GO JACKETS!!!     P.S. Sorry this ^ was meant for our Tiger brother, but we're rusty & probably put it in the wrong spot.

hasanova

Quote from: 2RMCFans on February 13, 2019, 04:53:38 PM
Quote from: hasanova on February 12, 2019, 04:45:12 PM

You are a very good sport & we salute you!  You did omit all the past year's accomplishments of our women's sports, pretty much 1/2 of the Athletics Department at Macon.  But, who's counting?  ;D

Best of luck to all for play in's and for Salem!  GO JACKETS!!!     P.S. Sorry this ^ was meant for our Tiger brother, but we're rusty & probably put it in the wrong spot.
Thanks for acknowledging this was intended for tfa2! I will add my congratulations to RMC's stellar performance in many sports this year.