Author Topic: Future of Division III  (Read 549027 times)

Online Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Division III
« Reply #2445 on: June 12, 2018, 08:26:17 pm »

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #2446 on: June 12, 2018, 09:57:25 pm »
This is already a topic in the NCAA with rules in place to accommodate. 60 Minutes did a large expose on it in the last year or two.

Or are you referring to something more specific?
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Online Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: June 13, 2018, 10:24:37 pm »
Thank you. Specifically, the mother feels betrayed. The mother believes that her daughter was not dealt with fairly and that an injustice was done to her.  From the article,

The teen's mother, Bianca Stanescu, told CT Post that there's no transgender competition when it comes to things like 'math and science and chorus' but with sports it's different.

'Sports are set up for fairness,' she said. 'Biologically male and female are different, adding that  'the great majority is being sacrificed for the minority'.

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #2448 on: June 14, 2018, 04:12:55 pm »
She can probably feel more assured by the NCAA procedures in place. As I remember what I learned, it seems the play fields are pretty equal.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline justafan12

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: Yesterday at 01:34:36 pm »
NCAA increased membership fees for all D3 school and conferences I believe started next year.  Here is an article on how they proposed to spend the additional $500,000. Not how I would have spent it.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/diii-committee-proposes-uses-new-revenue?sf192238873=1

Offline Oline79

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: Today at 12:45:23 pm »
NCAA increased membership fees for all D3 school and conferences I believe started next year.  Here is an article on how they proposed to spend the additional $500,000. Not how I would have spent it.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/diii-committee-proposes-uses-new-revenue?sf192238873=1

The LGBTQ issue is obviously a hot topic in sports today, see the above dilemma in the CT HS track championships.  It seems that the NCAA has already addressed the issue in its new rules and regulations, now the move is to stay ahead of it from a public relations standpoint.