FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Hawks88 on July 18, 2019, 10:45:05 AM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on July 18, 2019, 10:03:43 AM
Quote from: Caz Bombers on July 18, 2019, 09:44:07 AM
I don't know what you mean, I found that information on the 2018 football schedule page on Hartwick's own website.

I can get it there, but go click d3football on the link above.

Then click on:

Teams, East Region, and go to Hartwick.

It has a list of all past seasons and scores back to 1998 and this years schedule.  But the 2018 schedule is missing.
They just haven't added the link to last season to the page. If you go to one of the other seasons then change the year in the url to 2018 then you can get to it.

Too much work  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lkkjdUXyQc

But thanks, didn't even think of that.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Caz Bombers on July 18, 2019, 08:52:54 AM
TIL that Hartwick had its only two wins of the 2018 season vacated. Must have used an ineligible player. Funny how fast the NCAA works to strip wins from the Hartwicks of the world but it takes years and years to do anything to major P5 programs.

Well the power 5 teams have staffs of like 25 people just looking for violations.

But Hartwick is not going in the right direction anyway.  I'm wondering if there is any pressure there to do anything....

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Jonny Utah on July 18, 2019, 11:10:37 AM
TIL that Hartwick had its only two wins of the 2018 season vacated. Must have used an ineligible player. Funny how fast the NCAA works to strip wins from the Hartwicks of the world but it takes years and years to do anything to major P5 programs.

Well the power 5 teams have staffs of like 25 people just looking for violations.

But Hartwick is not going in the right direction anyway.  I'm wondering if there is any pressure there to do anything....

the school is going through hard times financially, I have heard. On the athletic front, early in 2018 they announced the men's soccer program would re-classify from Division I to D3, the D1 women's water polo program was discontinued entirely as was men's tennis. I have also heard about half the all-sports alignment of the E8 is in similar financial straits.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Caz Bombers on July 18, 2019, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on July 18, 2019, 11:10:37 AM

the school is going through hard times financially, I have heard. On the athletic front, early in 2018 they announced the men's soccer program would re-classify from Division I to D3, the D1 women's water polo program was discontinued entirely as was men's tennis. I have also heard about half the all-sports alignment of the E8 is in similar financial straits.

Yikes that is not good.  A few d3 schools in Boston have closed (Mt. Ida, Wheelock, Newbury) for similar reasons.  I hope it isn't that bad there. 

NYfootball

I was aware that Hartwick's best WR transferred to another E8 school, but I chalked that up to having a couple poor seasons there and wanting to play with a better QB. But maybe more is going on there than we know. 

AUPepBand

The Boys Are Back In Town! Ran into a few Saxons last night at The Collegiate. They're ready for some football.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on August 14, 2019, 08:21:56 AM
The Boys Are Back In Town! Ran into a few Saxons last night at The Collegiate. They're ready for some football.

On Saxon Warriors!
Get ready Pep, the Pumpkinheads are coming to Mayberry for some preseason action in just 2 weeks ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on August 14, 2019, 02:00:13 PM

On Saxon Warriors!
Get ready Pep, the Pumpkinheads are coming to Mayberry for some preseason action in just 2 weeks ;D

Yay! Will you be making the trip? Nothing better than a cool late summer evening watching some football under the lights in THE PIT!

Pep Band won't be ready yet but Pep will no doubt be there!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on August 16, 2019, 02:02:44 PM
Quote from: Bartman on August 14, 2019, 02:00:13 PM

On Saxon Warriors!

Yay! Will you be making the trip? Nothing better than a cool late summer evening watching some football under the lights in THE PIT!

Pep Band won't be ready yet but Pep will no doubt be there!
Sorry Pep, I would love to make the game but I have a business conflict that day.  I am hoping you can provide insights for both teams following the scrimmage. The Statesmen had the leading offense against the LL contenders last year but we are down a couple of key OLineman, and hoping we can have some boys step up. Our defense was middle of the road last year but we have a good  returning starters, so with experience, we are hoping for improvement. Alfred always figures out how to field a solid team, so sorry I will miss this one. As always, I hope for an Alfred -Hobart matchup in the post season.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

NYfootball

ITH radio

Quote from: NYfootball on August 30, 2019, 10:07:06 AM
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3football/2019/08/30/atn-podcast-238-time-to-get-going/

In case you guys missed this..

It brought me back to the Post Patterns days of mid-2000's and the talk of the NYS Super Conference. Great stuff.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

sjfcards

Heard Fisher had a combined practice with Hobart last week and a scrimmage with U of R last night. Any word on how they looked?
GO FISHER!!!

Oline89

Quote from: sjfcards on August 31, 2019, 10:24:16 AM
Heard Fisher had a combined practice with Hobart last week and a scrimmage with U of R last night. Any word on how they looked?

It was a good practice for both squads.  I think bot teams appreciated being able to hit someone other than their own teammates.  Otherwise, hard to judge since I assume both teams (Hobart did) gave equal reps to everyone.