MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ronk on September 09, 2018, 07:34:10 PM
Today, in Catholic churches around the country, was the annual special collection for Catholic University; on the envelope for that donation was the message that high school seniors who were recommended by their pastor to Catholic U would receive a $3K scholarship, renewable annually. That's a nice incentive for anyone with CUA among their prospective considerations.

Ironically, our parish doesn't participate, and hasn't in the decade since we moved back to Minneapolis. We did in the 1980s, though.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Tim the Enchanter

NEPAFAN

Just came to post the same thing , Tim. Who do you think sees the starting lineup with the 2 returners?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Tim the Enchanter

My guess is that Danzig is a lock.  Maybe Bailey.  Who knows if any other newcomers are ready to step up. 

And then it depends on whether he wants to go big (Genasevich?) or small (Connelly?). 

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Catholic is playing GW Sunday; last year they hung with MD into the 2nd half. Catholic women will be playing Navy in November.

ronk

Catholic falls to GW 69-64(34-31 @ halftime); Jimmy Golaszewski leads Catholic with 28 points. Mark Turgeon's son, Will, adds 6 points in 20 mins of action.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on October 27, 2018, 02:33:18 AM
Catholic is playing GW Sunday; last year they hung with MD into the 2nd half. Catholic women will be playing Navy in November.

Yeah, though the Maryland game was in mid-December last year.

Good of CUA to hang with GW, but not sure what to make of it.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

NEPAFAN

Lackawanna College vs Scranton at the U on Saturday at 3. Not sure if anyone is going to be in the building. Brian Coyle the Head Coach at Lackawanna used to be the Asst. at Scranton. Hopefully someone can provide a game report...
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: NEPAFAN on November 01, 2018, 11:42:15 AM
Lackawanna College vs Scranton at the U on Saturday at 3. Not sure if anyone is going to be in the building. Brian Coyle the Head Coach at Lackawanna used to be the Asst. at Scranton. Hopefully someone can provide a game report...

Yes, I understand the women will be doing the same next week; don't see the rationale for scrimmaging a JC.

ronk

My preseason forecast:

1. Moravian
2. Drew
3. Scranton,Catholic,E-town  tie
6. Juniata,Susquehanna   tie
8. Goucher

guest323

My guess:

1. Moravian
2. Drew
3. Scranton
4. Catholic
5. E-Town
6. Susquehanna
7. Juniata
8. Goucher

saratoga

I have a hard time seeing a young team at Scranton playing defense seriously enough to make a difference.

Also, no true point & concerns about muscle on the boards.

Probably another year of bombs away basketball.

*Moravian
*Drew
*Catholic
*E-town
*Susquehanna
*Scranton/Juniata
*Goucher

NEPAFAN

Moravian
Catholic
Scranton
Susquehanna
Drew
Juniata
Goucher (24 game losing streak)
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Royals open with a win @ Stevenson 86-65. Started 2 juniors, 3 frosh. No PG, Jackson Danzig was a point wing, instead. Played quickly in transition. Motion offense is faster than past years; lots of driving before shooting or passing. No beef in the front court - defensive rebounding will be a concern. Logan Bailey has ability to make plays, but 6 turnovers. Jack Brockett is pesky on defense - quick hands and feet.
Royals will be enjoyable to watch this season but there will be growing pains with all the youth.