2015 Regionals

Started by mideastfan2, May 11, 2015, 03:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mideastfan2

BW goes 0-2 and is out of the New York regional.

Marietta (0-1) must win to stay alive in the South Regional vs top seed Rhodes (1-0).  Go ETTA EXPRESS!!!

Heidelberg is a win away from being in great shape in the Mideast...good luck BERG!!

motorman

Adrian also 0-2 and on the way home. Except last year, I don't think they have won a game at regionals since going to Appleton in 2009. At least their conference is so weak they don't usually get challenged for the automatic bid.

motorman

Not pretty baseball in GA. Each team with 3 errors in 3.5 innings.

mideastfan2

Survive and Advance...Marietta beats top seed Rhodes  4-3.

NCACfan22

BW faced a kid last night on Old Westbury (Tim Ingham I believe was his name) who was the best pitcher I have ever seen at the D3 level. Kid was sitting 90-92, topped 93 and had 14 strikeouts through 8 innings. Pretty bueno. Oberlin has competed their a** off at this tournament and looked as good as anybody here. Took Cortland to the wire (they outplayed Cortland in all facets besides the 9 walks the Oberlin pitchers gave up) and then dominated a solid Oswego team this morning. Let's hope they can keep it going.

motorman

LaRoche also won against a top seed to stay alive, beat Frostburg for the 3rd time this year.

mideastfan2

We are only on day Two and so far 6 of the 8 top regional seeds have a loss...crazy!

motorman

Berg wins 5-0. Adam Manner with CG shut out. Had no hitter till 1 out in 8th.

mideastfan2

Great job BERG!!

Marietta and Heidelberg will both need a pitcher or two to step up huge tomorrow, and hopefully those bats they had last weekend show up in GA and PA.

motorman

They should be using Ankrom since he didn't have to go in relief. Probably Simun after him. Hear they play survivor of Frostburg vs Shenandoah tomorrow and go to Sat no matter the result. Guess that means Laroche and W & J face off in the other elimination game.

Dr. Acula

Oberlin plays at 1:15, Etta at 3:30 and Berg tonight at 6:35.  Good luck to all!

Bishopleftiesdad

wally_wabash

7-2 Oberlin in the bottom of the 4th.  The Yeomen plated 5 in the top of the 1st against Old Westbury which is a nice way to start a game. 

This is fun.  Oberlin has moved ahead 9-2 and still batting in the 6th.  The way this club is raking right now, they just might be able to beat back pitching attrition (which has to be coming soon) for another game or two. 

9-3 Yeomen, middle 8th.  Yeomen are six outs away from an elimination nightcap against Keystone this evening.  Sorry- 5 outs now as I type this. 

9-3 is the final.  Oberlin v. Keystone tonight.  Go Yeo!
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

mideastfan2

Heidelberg in a great spot in the Mideast Regional.  They will face #1 seed Frostburg St tonight; with a win in that game they would face the winner of the W&J/LaRoche game tomorrow, only needing to win ONE game.  Tonight is a BIG game for the BERG!

Marietta plays a must-win game vs Emory at 3:30pm.  A win would advance them to Championship Saturday, and they would need to win 2 games tomorrow.....so win ONE today, and TWO tomorrow; sounds like last weekend!!  Go Etta Express!!

Westside

Oh my lanta, Marietta!

Hanahan hits a two out, 2-run bomb in the 9th to give Marietta a 2-1 lead... See if they can hold it.
NWC Baseball