124th Monon Bell Classic

Started by Breckenridgebear, October 03, 2017, 03:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cave2bens

Quote from: Breckenridgebear on November 04, 2017, 11:34:44 AM
[url]http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/montgomery-county/wabash-students-learn-penalty-for-trying-to-steal-monon-bell-from-depauw-university/[url]

Silly cave Boyzzz. Now I need to decide if I am bringing a 5 lbs. bag of sunflower seeds or peanuts.

Pistachios - the empty shells make a delightful rattle
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

Breckenridgebear

Quote from: cave2bens on November 04, 2017, 02:34:08 PM
Quote from: Breckenridgebear on November 04, 2017, 11:34:44 AM
[url]http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/montgomery-county/wabash-students-learn-penalty-for-trying-to-steal-monon-bell-from-depauw-university/[url]

Silly cave Boyzzz. Now I need to decide if I am bringing a 5 lbs. bag of sunflower seeds or peanuts.

Pistachios - the empty shells make a delightful rattle

Good call. I'm thinking Glitter and Sand. I might need to stop by the Crawfordstucky Touch of Class/Wolf Den/whatever it is called now, and get that special kind of glitter that never comes off.
DePauw Never Quits

"This happens every year. It's the mere stupidity of supposedly mature college kids acting like a bunch of horse's dicks." - Officer Keller, The Crawfordsville Police Department

Breckenridgebear

Rumor on the street is that DePauw has outsold Dabash 2-1 on tickets, and Daboyzzz have one less stand as a result. Is this a sign that the Caveboyzzz will be phoning it in like the fan base? 

DePauw Never Quits

"This happens every year. It's the mere stupidity of supposedly mature college kids acting like a bunch of horse's dicks." - Officer Keller, The Crawfordsville Police Department

83 Little Giant

Quote from: Breckenridgebear on November 07, 2017, 10:58:36 AM
Rumor on the street is that DePauw has outsold Dabash 2-1 on tickets, and Daboyzzz have one less stand as a result. Is this a sign that the Caveboyzzz will be phoning it in like the fan base?

Well Bear, your reliable source at TMZ must have been smoking some Colorado Cabbage.  The Wabash tickets have been sold out for several days.  If any Wabash fans are looking for tix, click on the link below for the wait list:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfOQPrliNP2FF8j6-4Nwm7Y2WK3NaYS1KJ1Zv6gjFtBE7zjQ/viewform

83 Little Giant

Leave to the f'n Dannies to add even more overhead to attending the game.  Not only are their tailgating rules beyond the pale, they now have an "enhanced bag policy" for the game:

https://goo.gl/jgaTJX.

I guess we will have to resort to the old stand-by and put a pony keg in the bass drum of the pep band.  Worked 30 years ago...

cave2bens

Quote from: 83 Little Giant on November 08, 2017, 08:23:47 PM
Leave to the f'n Dannies to add even more overhead to attending the game.  Not only are their tailgating rules beyond the pale, they now have an "enhanced bag policy" for the game:

I guess we will have to resort to the old stand-by and put a pony keg in the bass drum of the pep band.  Worked 30 years ago...

Forty-six years ago (when denim bellbottoms served as standard Caveman attire vs Danny khaki, V-necks, and HopNGator), it was boda bags and pints strapped to lower legs in Greendingle to fool the Debauch Deputy Dogs.  Given today's fees, rules, and regs I'll happily quaff several pints and a decent sandwich with better seats at the Telecast party.  Eat Zucchini - WAF.

Breckenridgebear

Quote from: cave2bens on November 09, 2017, 12:49:42 AM
Quote from: 83 Little Giant on November 08, 2017, 08:23:47 PM

Forty-six years ago (when denim bellbottoms served as standard Caveman attire vs Danny khaki, V-necks, and HopNGator), it was boda bags and pints strapped to lower legs in Greendingle to fool the Debauch Deputy Dogs.  Given today's fees, rules, and regs I'll happily quaff several pints and a decent sandwich with better seats at the Telecast party.  Eat Zucchini - WAF.

Sooooo . . . a $20 ticket and a policy similar to the NFL (http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp) is keeping you away?  Seems legit. Dabash, making excuses since 1890.

Quote from: 83 Little Giant on November 08, 2017, 08:15:27 PM
Quote from: Breckenridgebear on November 07, 2017, 10:58:36 AM

Well Bear, your reliable source at TMZ must have been smoking some Colorado Cabbage.  The Wabash tickets have been sold out for several days.  If any Wabash fans are looking for tix, click on the link below for the wait list:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfOQPrliNP2FF8j6-4Nwm7Y2WK3NaYS1KJ1Zv6gjFtBE7zjQ/viewform

My source (who will remain anonymous and is more reliable than whoever this TMZ is you speak of) said they lowered the allotment for Dabash, hence the Boyzzz selling out. Count seats on Saturday, if you can afford a ticket. Apparently the cost is keeping some of you away (see above).

DePauw Never Quits

wally_wabash

I think Wabash fans could cool it on the cost of tickets after the Monon Village/super duper premium re-entry ticket cash grab that went on in C'ville last year.  What a cluster. 

I don't get the gripe about the bag thing either, tbh.  Honestly not that big of a deal and pretty standard if you've been to any large-ish sized event in the last few years. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Danny Boy

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 09, 2017, 12:14:17 PM
I think Wabash fans could cool it on the cost of tickets after the Monon Village/super duper premium re-entry ticket cash grab that went on in C'ville last year.  What a cluster. 

What was this? I don't recall any changes last year in Crawfordstuky but the Danny elite mostly stayed in the "Arts Center" lot prior to kickoff. Never heard about the Village People or re-entry...

I have to agree that the schools seem to be monetizing the event, but I'll give it a chance and see whether it's worth admission. Are all the Wallies hanging at their local BW3 or did anyone actually apply for admission to Monon Mecca?
Depauw Never Quits

wally_wabash

Quote from: Danny Boy on November 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

What was this? I don't recall any changes last year in Crawfordstuky but the Danny elite mostly stayed in the "Arts Center" lot prior to kickoff. Never heard about the Village People or re-entry...

Better that you all didn't know.  The whole thing was poorly communicated, poorly executed, and more than just a tad exploitative.  There was also to be a beer tent inside the stadium (super premium entry fee, of course) that got scrapped at the last minute for who knows what reason (other than it being a horrible idea in the first place).  Was hoping that last year was just some growing pains with the new AD and new ideas, but after another year it seems clear that this kind of buffoonery is the norm.  Wabash can and should do better.   
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

cave2bens

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 09, 2017, 01:34:12 PM

Better that you all didn't know.  The whole thing was poorly communicated, poorly executed, and more than just a tad exploitative.  There was also to be a beer tent inside the stadium (super premium entry fee, of course) that got scrapped at the last minute for who knows what reason (other than it being a horrible idea in the first place).  Was hoping that last year was just some growing pains with the new AD and new ideas, but after another year it seems clear that this kind of buffoonery is the norm.  Wabash can and should do better.

+1 Wally - hit it on the head from several different directions starting top>on down.  ;D

Breckenridgebear

Quote from: cave2bens on November 09, 2017, 03:27:52 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on November 09, 2017, 01:34:12 PM

+1 Wally - hit it on the head from several different directions starting top>on down.  ;D

Da Bash, making excuses since 1890.
DePauw Never Quits

Breckenridgebear

Driving through Crawfordsdingle right now. Does it always smell this bad?
DePauw Never Quits

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Breckenridgebear on November 10, 2017, 04:51:22 PM
Driving through Crawfordsdingle right now. Does it always smell this bad?

Only when you are there.

(Talk about teeing one up! ;D)