NESCAC

Started by LaPaz, September 11, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooter442

Bowdoin with a corner right before half, but it's scoreless at the break. The longer it stays scoreless, the more you have to like Bowdoin to get one at the other end -- I don't see RUN getting one off a set piece/broken play/etc.

NEsoccerfan

I'm sorry but I just cannot stand watching these Nescac teams play (not including Tufts).

blooter442

Quote from: NEsoccerfan on November 11, 2017, 08:39:36 PM
I'm sorry but I just cannot stand watching these Nescac teams play (not including Tufts).

Tufts is definitely an exception, and I'd say I enjoy Williams as well. As a school, I like Bowdoin, as I have family ties there, but watching them is an exercise in patience. As for Tufts, even with its directness at times last year, they did (and still do) keep it on the ground most of the time, although I think perhaps the reason for their success is their ability to adapt rather than go gung-ho in one direction.

Mr.Right

Ok back to this game....

blooter442

Bowdoin hits the post and then 5 seconds later puts a glorious chance wide. Second one might have hit the post, too. Wow. The Polar Bears have had their chances.

SoccerMom_5

Quote from: blooter442 on November 11, 2017, 08:32:22 PM
Quote from: Mr.Right on November 11, 2017, 08:31:27 PM
That is where RUN 5'6 GK absolutely kills them IMO...Still gotta finish though

Well it's pretty clear that's become Bowdoin's tactic -- put it into the box and make him come for it (and then get caught in no-mans land and finish).

Lol.  We wi see if they can finish, though.  Not their strong suit this year.

Glad to see Niang up top, though.  Hopefully someone will connect with his head. 

blooter442

I have to give Bowdoin credit, they have put together some nice combinations on the ground. Not to say they've become Barcelona, but the ball has been on the turf much more than I'd have thought.

blooter442

Bowdoin outshooting RUN 9-2 (5-0 SOG). Well, this is certainly different than my own prediction for the game -- that Bowdoin would sit in, be outshot, and get a goal off its only SOG from a set piece.

Mr.Right

RUN hit 1 off the crossbar..Not sure how that is not a SOG..I think you would see a revert back to the Bowdoin you were looking for tomorrow if they face Brandeis..It is almost impossible to sit back against this RUN side because they give u a ton

blooter442

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 11, 2017, 09:16:00 PM
RUN hit 1 off the crossbar..Not sure how that is not a SOG..I think you would see a revert back to the Bowdoin you were looking for tomorrow if they face Brandeis..It is almost impossible to sit back against this RUN side because they give u a ton

Crossbar doesn't count as SOG, surprisingly. Don't disagree with that -- I could very well see them sit in. They did that three years ago, and looked pretty comfortable for 60 or so minutes, but eventually Brandeis got the goal after Bowdoin got stretched in the last half-hour or so.

Mr.Right

Really? Well I learn something every day...A crossbar is part of the goal so it should count as SOG..hmm..God niang has been giving the ball away at will tonight and than has a clean look on goal and hits it perfectly at the GK..go figure

Mr.Right

RUN starting to come on a bit now with 2 decent looks..Where has DeSouza been all night?...Bowdoin has taken him totally out of the game...

blooter442

Yeah I was surprised to learn that hitting the crossbar and posts don't count as SOG. That said, I can kind of understand the logic.

truenorth

I just tried to tune into the game after being out early in the evening.  I can't seem to get a continuous video feed from Boxcast.  Are you folks getting an uninterrupted video stream?

blooter442

Quote from: truenorth on November 11, 2017, 09:36:22 PM
I just tried to tune into the game after being out early in the evening.  I can't seem to get a continuous video feed from Boxcast.  Are you folks getting an uninterrupted video stream?

Nope -- apparently Brandeis has been having video streaming issues all night. I was at the first game, so didn't see it firsthand, but I definitely see it now.