NESCAC

Started by LaPaz, September 11, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

Conn looking gassed...UR taking it to them and a kid rips one off the post

blooter442

Tough for Marcucci, who has been very very good this year as a FY.

SoccerMom_5

Quote from: truenorth on November 11, 2017, 01:25:34 PM
I have not watched any Amherst games.  But it's a very young roster, and a number of sophomores and freshmen have gotten substantial playing time.  I would imagine that Serpone has done a lot of experimenting and evaluating throughout the season.
It seems like someone had mentioned that  and it is salient because f that is the case that would directly affect the voting for the all-conference awards; you have to have consistently played in a position enough to garner enough votes to qualify. That is to say, a coach cannot vote for you as a midfielder if he did not see you play there.  (I'm surmising that is how Ward got left off the team; otherwise his absence is inexplicable.)

Also --and not for nothing-- it is probably worth considering that the reason for a coach to juggle rosters in that way is because the kid isn't working out where you had him. You rarely take a kid who is doing an excellent job in a position and move them to a different position or bench him. (The only exception to that is if you have an exceptional player and you really need to reprioritize  and move him somewhere else how to plug a hole.  ,,, and you probably can guess the exception I have in mind. Lol.)

My final comment is this: I don't think that the NESCAC coaches personally dislike Serpone.  I used to see them at quite a few showcases all over the place.  Serpone was frequently with another NESCAC coach. They looked pretty friendly.

Mr.Right

lol...Murphy is such a taskmaster..

Upstatesoc

UR wins. Lazy D on CC  right side.

blooter442

Mr.Right

Quote from: Upstatesoc on November 11, 2017, 04:20:31 PM
UR wins. Lazy D on CC  right side.

Yea that was a cagey run by UR#11 to finish that...Conn #18 Manoogian lost him for a second. The problem was that Conn's #13 Milhollen didnt tackle the kid that brought it down the flank and crossed it..He ran with him but failed to tackle which gave him a free look. Conn started to really look gassed late in the 2nd Half possibly from having 2 weeks off.

letsGOswans!

Conn loses 2-1 in first OT. Rochester left winger beats his man and whips a peach of a cross into the box that is put away far post. Conn gave up two soft goals, but Rochester just seeemd to have more hustle and seemed to be in better shape. Terrible to watch as a Camel fan, but I'm optimistic for the future. Conn has some very good young players and are only losing a few seniors. The future bodes well. Would have been great to get past this first round to show that the NESCAC deserved all these bids. At this stage in the season it comes down to whoever messes up first..

Mr.Right

They only lose Sommers...

blooter442

Even as a UR critic, the one thing I will give them is that they are always in very good shape and have excellent hustle and fight. You can't switch off against a team like that.

Upstatesoc

UR gets the pasta at Stella Luna  tonight.
Used to be a big soccer hang out for Hartwick College in the glory DI days years ago.

letsGOswans!

They lose Summers, Koval, and Clark. Koval is a good player he's just been injured on and off since he was a freshman. Clark was an on and off starter at right back through his four years as well. Summers has been a starter since the tail end of his freshman year when another starting center back (Zachary Punt) got a season-ending injury, so yes, he will be the hardest to replace. The whole center midfield returns along with 3/4 defenders (starting right back Stokes didn't place this season due to an injury). Noonan is also a heck of a player. Camels will be hungry for another taste of this next season. It isn't hurts that we were so close to advancing to the second round).

Also, who knows what happened to Dieng. Maybe he'll return next year? One thing we can always count on is murphy making his teams extremely hard to play against :)

Mr.Right

Midd loses the GK, Sass(Who frankly disappeared 2nd Half of the season), and oft-injured Enzo Weiner...So if the young gun can get a decent recruiting class they will be pretty solid.

Mr.Right

Quote from: letsGOswans! on November 11, 2017, 04:33:41 PM
They lose Summers, Koval, and Clark. Koval is a good player he's just been injured on and off since he was a freshman. Clark was an on and off starter at right back through his four years as well. Summers has been a starter since the tail end of his freshman year when another starting center back (Zachary Punt) got a season-ending injury, so yes, he will be the hardest to replace. The whole center midfield returns along with 3/4 defenders (starting right back Stokes didn't place this season due to an injury). Noonan is also a heck of a player. Camels will be hungry for another taste of this next season. It isn't hurts that we were so close to advancing to the second round).

Also, who knows what happened to Dieng. Maybe he'll return next year? One thing we can always count on is murphy making his teams extremely hard to play against :)

Well I certainly have never seen a coach make it so hard to play against or for his team. Conn scores off a header and the guys are running and celebrating with the bench and all you hear is Murphy yelling at them to get off the f'ng field...

letsGOswans!

He didn't want any of his bench players getting yellow cards  :-[. Mr. Right, we can agree to disagree :)