Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

This is the new home of ACFC discussion. Welcome aboard, everyone.

njlincolnlion

The "New Look" Post Patterns looks good.  Can't wait to see the Gulls this year.  I'm glad that CNU is back, and I'm looking for a little "payback" after the heartbreaking loss to the Captains in last years first round NCAA game.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, '30

17 NCAA DIII Championships

theone

does anyone have any predictions on how the ACFC will turn out.

Predicted Finish

1. wesley
2. salisbury
3. brockport
4. buffalo state
5. frostburg
6. newport news

I think wesley is definitly the sleeper team this year with 18 returning starters. Can't wait for the wesley-salisbury game. Good luck to both teams.

njlincolnlion

Theone:

I believe the ACFC pre-season poll has Salisbury on top.  I agree, it should be a good game between the Gulls and Wolverines.  This year, Wesley has to travel to Salisbury for the game, so home field, may help Salisbury.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      

theone

wesley deosn not have to travel to salisbury this year. Salisbury has to travel to them and its Wesley's homecoming. I definitly have to give the edge to the wolverines. I think the Gulls lost too many key players in crucial positions on defense.

njlincolnlion

I stand corrected, Salisbury goes to Dover, but it dosen't change the preseason ACFC poll that ranked the Sea Gulls ahead of the Wolverines.

Salisbury have seven returning defesive starters led by All-American DB Byron Westbrook and DT Andrew Fleming.  I think Wesley will have a harder time replacing Rocky Myers talent and leadership.

The Gulls in a close one!                 ;D

Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      

Ranger99

My predictions are as follows:

1. Brockport St. (lost 3 games by TD or less, best defensive game planner in Rocco)
2. Salisburg (played over there heads last yr, losing DeHaven will hurt defense)
3.-T Buffalo St. (starting to finally turn that program around)
3.-T Wesley (a tough out, with experience)
5. Newport News (atheltic potential start to translate to Ws)
6. Frostburg (It's a nice drive out there)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

1. Salisbury
2. Wesley
3. Brockport
4. Buffalo State
5. Frostburg
6. Newport News

theone

wesley also has an all american at rb in Kevin Nelson. I will admit, replacing Rocky Myers will be hard but he was not the whole defense. Brian Sorenson and Anthony Johnson will lead the defense. One of the most underrated defensive backs in the conference is also returning in wesley's defensive backfield...MARIO HARRIS. Very explaosive player. The offense will be very explosive with Nelson in the backfield, Chris Warrick at QB and Jon Lanouette and Curtis Gore at reciever. Gore led the nation in PR 2 years ago and teams were afraid to kick to him last year. He is another dangerous under rated player who doenst get the credit he deserves. I think this is wesley's year.!!!

Wesley 31
Salisbury 24

It is also wesley's homecoming. That should be a HUGE ADVANTAGE.

zonescantstopme

Im really on this site for the bball postings because i play D3.  But I had to get into the salisbury/wesley argument.  I know players on both teams and I've seem them both play.  I give the edge this year to wesley and not just because my cousin plays there,  Salisbury lost a lot of key guys and the recruiting class wasnt as strong as wesley's.  Watch out for a Fr. DB from Broadneck High Tyrone Johnson he is going to turn heads.

1.  Wesley
2.  Salisbury
3.  Buff State
4.  Brockport
5.  Frostburg State
6.  Newport News

zonescantstopme

Salisbury also has had a few pre season injuries.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

acfcposter

Here is my pre-season poll:

1. Salisbury
2. Brockport
3. Wesley
4. Buff St
5. Frostburg
6. Apprentice

Salisbury has just done a better job of recruiting and developing players than anyone in the conference. They are outworking everyone on the recruiting trail and getting better kids, with below average football facilities. Also, they still have Dustin Johnson. He is one of the top option QB's in all of D3. Brockport has fallen a little over the past couple years, but they will continue to play good football as long a Rocco is still there. Wesley does a great job of retaining athletes, some of which were not particularly strong students in high school. Drass does a great job each year of putting points on the board and they always have speed. Buff St plays physical football, but just needs to get some more speed and all around athletes. But, I believe that they will continue to improve. Frostburg continues to get worse and worse every year. This is a shame for good players and kids like Chris Lentz and Kevin Culbert. They have not been able to retain athletes or out recruit Salisbury, McDaniel, Hopkins, etc. in Maryland. Hopefully, with the upgrade in facilities (improvements in the weight and locker rooms; lights on the game field; and field turf) within the next 2 years, this will help them contend. Apprentice plays hard, but just does not have the time or organization to compete with the upper half of D3. I really respect what they stand for and the commitment that they show, but winning football games is not the Apprentice schools main priority. Please feel free to give me feedback on my take of these schools. I would love to hear any opinions!

slate

Quote from: Ranger99 on August 17, 2005, 04:05:27 PM
My predictions are as follows:

1. Brockport St. (lost 3 games by TD or less, best defensive game planner in Rocco)
2. Salisburg (played over there heads last yr, losing DeHaven will hurt defense)
3.-T Buffalo St. (starting to finally turn that program around)
3.-T Wesley (a tough out, with experience)
5. Newport News (atheltic potential start to translate to Ws)
6. Frostburg (It's a nice drive out there)

I agree with you totally..