Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reality check

I saw an Ohio Northern t-shirt at the Fiesta Bowl.  Unfortunately it was mine and I was wearing it to the pre-game Fiesta Bowl Party but in the first ten minutes I was at the stadium I was stopped three times.  The first person saw my shirt and said they were ONU class of 1993.  The second person was from ten minutes outside of town and knew all about ONU from his time living near the campus.  The third was an All-OAC center from Capital that played from 90-93 and was a captain of the Crusaders football team his senior year.  I know the game featured OSU but it was still a bit surprising to get such a reaction from my D-III gear so quickly.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

HSCTiger74

Quote from: warthog on January 02, 2009, 12:22:19 AM
I've begun to see black on orange Wartburg personalized license plates around Iowa.  The Knights have joined Iowa, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa as the colleges for which the Iowa DOT has made color coordinated plates available.

I realize it's not D3, but there are apparently enough alums here in NC that Purdue is one of the college tags available from NCDOT. That was kind of a surprise to me.
TANSTAAFL

cawcdad

I saw a Cal Maritime shirt on a Tongan when I was there in 1981. CMA was D-III at the time. OK, the shirt had been mine and I traded it for some souvenirs. ;D

AF4

Reality Check said:
"I know the game featured OSU but it was still a bit surprising to get such a reaction from my D-III gear so quickly."

if it featured (THE) ohio state university....then what did it do for Texas ;D

sorry... i couldn't resist.......my bad... and to make matters worse i spoke of non D-3 ;)

it was neat that so many folks spoke to u... i really do mean that

keep the faith
"Have laparoscope, Will travel"

sac

Sewanee window sticker in Lansing, Michigan.  Not many of those up here.

Ralph Turner

Knox College sweatshirt on a young woman in Dallas.  A friend works at Knox.

K-Mack

I just realized the manhole cover in front of my house was made in Wabash, Indiana.

Not the actual home of Wabash (Crawfordsville), but since I had no chance at the record for far from home ...
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: K-Mack on January 08, 2009, 04:55:30 PM
I just realized the manhole cover in front of my house was made in Wabash, Indiana.

Not the actual home of Wabash (Crawfordsville), but since I had no chance at the record for far from home ...
A lot of DePauw fans won't mind your not making the distinction.   :D

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ralph Turner on January 09, 2009, 12:19:21 AM

Since I've been through both Crawfordsville and Wabash many times, I've always wondered - has any opposing team ever gone to the wrong town?  (or, for that matter, any freshman?) ;)

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Mount Union College Purple Raiders Hat on an older gentleman (not Small but Slow) in the 7-11 at the corner of St. Rt. 54 and Little Road in New Port Richey, FL.

I told him I liked his hat and he said he went to MUC for one year, then YSU for his undergrad and Masters' degree.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Joe Wally

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 09, 2009, 01:09:17 AM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on January 09, 2009, 12:19:21 AM

Since I've been through both Crawfordsville and Wabash many times, I've always wondered - has any opposing team ever gone to the wrong town?  (or, for that matter, any freshman?) ;)

Don't know the particulars but it's my recollection that a team did make that mistake on its way to Wabash in the early 80s.

D3_DPUFan

QuoteDon't know the particulars but it's my recollection that a team did make that mistake on its way to Wabash in the early 80s.

I think it's safe to safe DePauw made it to Crawfordsville last November.  ;D

AF4

an Emory University pullover on a (an) young lady on Concourse D, at THE ATL international airport
keep the faith

AF4

on the other end.... at the OK city airport, a young man with a Spartans hat (tuned backwards) and  a ' Case Ahtletics' T shirt at the delta ticket counter... as we headed to the car

(i honestly had to lookup Case to see if they were D-3...i was not shure) ???

keep the faith

Hawks88

A Washington & Lee(I think) sticker on the back of an SUV at Mike & Ed's BBQ in Auburn tonight.