Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on February 15, 2009, 02:37:14 PM
Quote from: cawcdad on November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

How often do you see shirts or other signs of D-III schools in parts of the country no where near the school?

Sorry AF4, I wasn't trying to be a party pooper. Was just going by this quote from the original post of this thread.
Yeah, but actually going up to a stranger, and striking up a D3 conversation, is what is important!  ;)

On these boards, D3 is family!

AF4

HSCTiger74

no problem at all...u r most likely correct, and i should probably not post all i see, as some of my sightings are tooo close to the schools

i am so use to seeing Auburn, alabama, UGA, TAMU..stuff, and anytime i am not on or accross the street from a D-3 campus and i see something  D-3, i am bad about noting it,

unfortunatly for the folks wearing the d-3 shirt or hat, i am real bad about speaking to them.  :D  my bride is mortified by that behavior :o

I feel a kinship to all of D-3 schools and thier supporters, that probably exists  only in my warped mind. ???

if u see a near 6 ft, bald, beyond middle aged, fat guy with a Huntingdon ball cap walking near...it might b me...i mean no offense   ;D

keep the faith (the clip art is also fun)

"Have laparoscope, Will travel"

d-train

Any other Ben Harper fans out there? Looks like an old school La Verne T-shirt/jersey he's wearing:

cawcdad

It's all good when seeing d3 stuff and striking up a conversation. Like AF4 I get tired of seeing Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA stuff all the time. I saw a UC Santa Cruz sticker on a car Saturday. I am only 2 hours from the campus. ;D

ADL70

In Columbus, Bowdoin and Brandeis decals on the same Volvo (what else?) and St. Olaf hoodie.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

AF4

I fully realize that I-85 runs near the Emory campus, but i was inside alabama on I-85, so this should count

a Green Toyota, 4x4, truck, mud grips, super suspension, sitting up high, with 2 tied down gas tanks in the bed, and the back opened, no bedliner...........and an 'Emory' sticker in the rear windshield

now this truck would have been happy with a 'UGA' or 'BAMA" or even a "Troy" or MTSU sticker....but i could tell the toyota was as perplexed as i was that it had to wear an 'Emory' sticker

the driver was pulling on a cigarette , late 20's early 30's, male...i waved, but didn't stop to speak

keep the faith

Ralph Turner

Emory decal on the Dallas North Tollway on an Audi Q7 SUV.  I could not see the driver thru the tinted windshield.

AF4

Posted by: Ralph Turner
Emory decal on the Dallas North Tollway on an Audi Q7 SUV.  I could not see the driver thru the tinted windshield.

now that is a more 'Emory'-like car

keep the faith

AF4

downtown convention center, columbus ohio

Young man wearing 'Capitol Football' (he was a big kid and former D lineman)

young man (but older and taller than the first) wearing a 'Wittenberg Athletics' (a former player, now a hard core iron pumper)

a young man (youngest but much larger than the other 2) wearing a purple letter jacket, with a big white 'M'... this one is a current player on the  O line for  mount union, i asked him where his national champ rings were,  and he laughed and said he had 2 at home and would like to get a third next year 

all were  very nice young people, and i believe genuinely happy to talk D-3 football

keep the faith

cave2bens

Jackpot at last Sunday's neighborhood watch meeting during Atlanta's mini-snow - Kenyon, Frostburg, Albion, Defiance, Wabash, COW, and Southwestern sweatshirts in same place - and all on alums!  Then there were all those d*** UGA and Tech hoodies as well.  As the Emmorhoids are but five minutes away, Emory and Aggie Scott stuff classifies as insignificant, ghetto wear here in da hood.  ;D
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

cawcdad

Last Saturday at our regional Science Bowl competition I saw a Calvin sweatshirt.

AF4

columbus ohio convention center today

group of college aged folks with combinations of 'W", Wilmington football, quakers etc on Tee shirts, sweat shirts, pullovers

a 40-50ish man wearing a 'Marietta    Pioneer Baseball', it was crowded, and i was passing him, i yelled D-3 baby...he grinned and did a thumbs up :D

a lady with a baby (and looking tired and un happy) wearing a 'HIRAM' pullover (i left her alone) >:(

2 young people (~20 or so wearing a ""Willamette" pullover and 'Willamette Football' sweat shirt...i said 'yall a long way from home', before they could answer a nother passer by said 'sounds like u r too' ;D

i forget how strong my drawl is

keep the faith

Ralph Turner

Coast Guard Academy decal on an SUV in Dallas.

HSCTiger74

In Charlotte, a bike rider in the park was wearing an Amherst t-shirt.
TANSTAAFL

Ralph Turner

Allegheny decal on a Toyota 4Runner in Dallas.