Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadofBashWarrior..

Saw a t shirt on a big guy in a grocery store in Warrenville Illinois. It said North Central College...we talked for a while as it was Kyle Antos father...Good luck to Kyle and the whole NCC squad this year...would love to see Wabash meet NCC in the playoffs

K-Mack

Quote from: cawcdad on December 08, 2009, 10:09:11 PM
Last weekend for my trip to McMinnville, OR for the Linfield - UST game, I stayed with Linfield poster swede. His guest room is becoming a veritable museum of Linfield and D-III memoribilia. He has stuff from all of the NWC schools as well as St. Johns, Gustavus Adolphus, Hamline, & Concordia Moorhead of the MIAC. He has stuff from Wisconsin Whitewater, Beloit, Coe, Wartburg, Mount Union, Cal Lutheran and McMurry. This is just the stuff he has put out so far.

Oh snap. Now that I have new rooms to decorate, I guess I've got to try to rival that.

Will post photos at some point.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

K-Mack

Seeing D3 stuff all over this summer.

-- Bethel hockey in Nags Head, NC
-- Have seen Oberlin twice (maybe the same vehicle) and Hiram on cars in the D.C. area
-- Saw a bunch of UMHB shirts on people on K Street a month or so ago. Thought they were Hardin-Simmons at first.
-- Grinnell in D.C.

I think a couple more that escape me at the moment. I always think of you guys and this thread whenever I see someone though.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

K-Mack

Quote from: K-Mack on August 11, 2010, 12:15:36 AM
Seeing D3 stuff all over this summer.

-- Bethel hockey in Nags Head, NC
-- Have seen Oberlin twice (maybe the same vehicle) and Hiram on cars in the D.C. area
-- Saw a bunch of UMHB shirts on people on K Street a month or so ago. Thought they were Hardin-Simmons at first.
-- Grinnell in D.C.

I think a couple more that escape me at the moment. I always think of you guys and this thread whenever I see someone though.

Oh yeah, Trinity University hat in a thrift store on Monday. Definitely Texas, it was The Game style, the bar, and it was maroon & white
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

altor

Last Saturday, I saw a Loras lanyard hanging out of somebody's pants pocket at the Chicago Children's Museum.

On Sunday, there was a Bridgewater College decal heading north on I-90 between Beloit and Madison, WI.

Ralph Turner

Seen tonight, the Luther College Men's Cross Country team at the world famous, historic Tiny Town Miniature Golf Course in Estes Park, CO.   ;)

reality check

Tufts tshirt Thursday night at a Walmart here in Queen Creek, AZ. 

Sifting through yearbook photos on our staff's network drives, I saw a girl wearing a UMHB sweatshirt for "80's day" which I found ironic.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

Ralph Turner

Hendrix sticker on the back of an SUV in Estes Park, CO.

Centenary (LA) alumna wearing a maroon Centenary T-shirt on Elkhorn Avenue in Estes Park.

historymajor

Come on Ralph,,, let's not rub in the Estes Park stuff when it's a prolonged 105 daily in DFW...

K-Mack

Quote from: reality check on August 20, 2010, 11:32:26 PMSifting through yearbook photos on our staff's network drives, I saw a girl wearing a UMHB sweatshirt for "80's day" which I found ironic.

That's good ... wait, in the 80s it was all women. If it had said UMHB football, you'd be on to something.

Saw a Wheaton sticker in my neighborhood recently and an Amherst t-shirt in a Five Guys tonight.

Did I tell you about the personalized Cleveland Browns No. 93 Trusnik jersey I saw in D.C. last year? Authentic, I think. I really should have interrupted his meal to ask.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Toby Taff

Quote from: K-Mack on August 24, 2010, 10:10:51 PM
Quote from: reality check on August 20, 2010, 11:32:26 PMSifting through yearbook photos on our staff's network drives, I saw a girl wearing a UMHB sweatshirt for "80's day" which I found ironic.

That's good ... wait, in the 80s it was all women. If it had said UMHB football, you'd be on to something.

Come on K-Mack, UMHB has been fully co-ed since the early 70's, and men have taken classes at UMHB for much longer as Campus Boys.  The campus Boys worked on campus and were allowed to take classes, but not graduate.  Heck, I went to UMHB in the 80's.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

HSCTiger74

Lynchburg Alumni window sticker on the back of an SUV in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

Gray Fox

A Claremont McKenna College sweatshirt in Lake Placid, New York last Friday.
He was on his cell phone or we would have had an interesting conversation. ;)
Fierce When Roused

K-Mack

Quote from: Toby Taff on August 30, 2010, 05:58:54 PM
Quote from: K-Mack on August 24, 2010, 10:10:51 PM

Come on K-Mack, UMHB has been fully co-ed since the early 70's, and men have taken classes at UMHB for much longer as Campus Boys.  The campus Boys worked on campus and were allowed to take classes, but not graduate.  Heck, I went to UMHB in the 80's.

Oh. Oops.

In my world, no football = not coed. I get so confused when my friend tells me he went to Xavier.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

cawcdad

Here in Central CA the school where I teach had a speaker today for all 9th graders. His is an incredible story of essentially being abandoned and homeless at 14 with younger siblings. The gentlman's name is Roy Juarez, Jr. A little over a year ago he graduated from Hardin-Simmons. He is now on a speaking tour and touching kids. It was incredible watching them.

His assistant is a stout looking young man so I asked if he played ball for the Cowboys and he indeed did for a couple of years before injuries sidelined him. His name is James Alvarez.

They are traveling around the country in what they are calling "Homeless by Choice" If you get a chance to see and listen to Roy, by all means do so.