Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattvsmith

Franklin & Marshall is a designer label in South Korea.  All I can think of is that sow dude went to F&M and decided to try to make his school gear popular. It worked.

The Rev thought about opening a Hobart store until he saw F&M all over the place. The Rev is now working on a more original idea.

The Rev wonders if F&M realizes all their stuff is being knocked off without any licensing fees paid?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 28, 2011, 08:00:09 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 28, 2011, 07:42:16 PM
Seen in North Dallas this morning -- Sewanee decal on a Dodge Ram 1500 pick-up truck that was hauling pool maintenance equipment and big containers of pool chemicals.

The question: is that what a Sewanee education gets you, or is that how you PAY for a (kid's) Sewanee education?! ;D

Just playing the good straight man in this comedy routine...   ;)

Ryan Tipps

Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on May 29, 2011, 09:27:44 AM
The Rev wonders if F&M realizes all their stuff is being knocked off without any licensing fees paid?

Yes, they do. It was a hot topic about 10 years when Tim McGraw wore this shirt for some publicity photos.

The clothing brand doesn't use an "and" in its name.

D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

cawcdad

On my way home from the store, I pulled up behind a car with a University of La Verne license plate frame.

Joe Wally

Saw a Claremont McKenna t-shirt, a Williams window sticker, a Wash St. Louis window sticker, and a raft of Oberlin gear at the Oberlin College graduation today. 

Like shooting fish in a barrell!

1837Tigers

Quote from: cawcdad on May 29, 2011, 06:24:40 PM
On my way home from the store, I pulled up behind a car with a University of La Verne license plate frame.
Shirley you jest.  :D

Knightstalker

Quote from: 1837Tigers on May 31, 2011, 11:16:22 AM

No I don't and stop calling me Shirley.    :D

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

cawcdad

Quote from: Knightstalker on May 31, 2011, 07:13:46 PM
Quote from: 1837Tigers on May 31, 2011, 11:16:22 AM

No I don't and stop calling me Shirley.    :D
Very punny 1837Tigers. Knightstalker, you used the line that came to my mind.  :D

Ralph Turner

NYU decal on the back of a VW in Tyler, TX

TxFight

Millsaps College sticker with an unreadable law school sticker in Longview, Tx 6/2

reality check

Saw a Menlo shirt in Dayton, OH (where the day began) and then a Coe soccer shirt and equipment bag in Phoenix, AZ (where the day ended) yesterday.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

wallyworld12

Was walking around the Duomo in Florence, Italy when I saw a guy with a Stagg Bowl 2010 t-shirt on. I stopped and asked what his connection was and he told me that he had officiated this year's game. I had my Wabash t-shirt on and it was a nice D3 moment half way around the world!
"Then once again ye Wabash Men, three cheers for Alma Mater. What'er befall, revered by all may she unequaled stand."

BoBo

Quote from: Ryan Tipps on May 29, 2011, 05:56:48 PM
Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on May 29, 2011, 09:27:44 AM

Yes, they do. It was a hot topic about 10 years when Tim McGraw wore this shirt for some publicity photos.

The clothing brand doesn't use an "and" in its name.

Actually, some of it does; some of it doesn't...it all depends what you're looking for in "fashion!"  See HERE

The brand was established in 1999.  It's actually an Italian clothing company, not South Korean. They may have been sewn in SK at one time, but not anymore. Founders were Giuseppe Albarelli and Andrea Pensiero, not exactly your typical korean names!! ;)  They got the idea after finding an authentic F&M sweatshirt in a London second-hand market.  I've occasionally see 20-something girls wearing the brand here, but not all that often. It's much more popular in the UK.  Franklin & Marshall Clothing Company owns the brand name in all countries except the U.S.A. where the company is a licensee of the college name but is in no way affiliated with, or endorsed by, Franklin & Marshall College.  This is way more than you need to know, but I thought I had to set the record straight.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Saw a guy at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Meadow Pool with a Baldwin Wallace Basketball Hat on.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

repete

His and her Gustavus shirts at the Safeway in Kensington, Md., last weekend. There's also a Carleton guy who lives around the corner and belongs to the same neighborhood pool.

And the Hobart folks down the street still have one of the longest, weediest yards in the 'hood.