UAA

Started by overtime, November 15, 2022, 07:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overtime

4 teams in the tourney and 4 teams on to the sweet 16.  Very
Impressive and proves that NYU and or Rochester should have been in the field as well.  Once again the deepest conference in women's D3 soccer.  Good luck to all remaining teams.

2xfaux

UAA is very good, for sure.  Sadly, three of those teams are playing at CMU and only one can advance.  It will be cold in Pittsburgh.  We shall see.

DagarmanSpartan

Case Western Reserve is now ahead 3-0 over Virginia Weslayan in the Final Four.

COME ON LADY SPARTANS!!!

2xfaux

Looking forward to the showdown with Hopkins tomorrow.  It should be a good one.

Ron Boerger

Good effort by Case today.  These were the "players mentioned" in the Hopkins recap.  While this is permitted by the NCAA rules, it's certainly not in the spirit of D3 to load up your squad with a boatload of one and done former D1 athletes.

#20 Rachel Jackson - F 5' 9" Graduate Student (D1 James Madison transfer JHU fifth-year)
#15 Katie Sullivan - F 5' 7" Sophomore
#00 Emma Huntzinger - GK 5' 10" Graduate Student (D1 Rutgers transfer)
#4 Breukelen Woodard -M 5' 7" Graduate Student (D1 South Carolina / Penn transfer)
#5 Kacie Filian - M/D 5' 9" Graduate Student (D1 St. Bonaventure transfer)

#11 Maria Romo-Nichols - F 5' 6" Freshman
#33 Kendall Dandridge - D 5' 7" Graduate Student (D1 Fordham transfer)
#42 Rebecca Rosen - M/F 5' 9" Graduate Student (D1 Brown transfer)

2xfaux

Messiah fan here...Rachel Jackson went to James Madison H.S. and not JMU ...I think... amazing player either way.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: 2xfaux on December 04, 2022, 05:22:30 PM
Messiah fan here...Rachel Jackson went to James Madison H.S. and not JMU ...I think... amazing player either way.

Right you are.  I stand corrected.

overtime

Case parent here...no sour grapes towards Hopkins and thier roster.  Both teams laid it on the line yesterday and showed they were the 2 best teams in D3 this season.  Congrats to Hopkins and so proud of what Case accomplished this year. 

phil

Quote from: Ron Boerger on December 04, 2022, 04:50:59 PM
Good effort by Case today.  These were the "players mentioned" in the Hopkins recap.  While this is permitted by the NCAA rules, it's certainly not in the spirit of D3 to load up your squad with a boatload of one and done former D1 athletes.

#20 Rachel Jackson - F 5' 9" Graduate Student (D1 James Madison transfer JHU fifth-year)
#4 Breukelen Woodard -M 5' 7" Graduate Student (D1 South Carolina / Penn transfer)

I guess the Rutgers Graduate Student transfer beat out the Illinois State Graduate Student transfer, who was #8 All-Time in saves for the Redbirds, for the Goalkeeper position. For sure it's not in the spirit of Division III, but this is what the NCAA created when they granted the extra year of eligibility because of Covid. Still, the Hopkins coaches must have burnt the midnight oil in order to wind up with nine graduate students on their roster with about 25 years of D1 experience. A much better story on the men's side with coach Julianne Sitch leading the University of Chicago to the national title... with no graduate students.

Flying Weasel

Quote from: Ron Boerger on December 04, 2022, 04:50:59 PM

As phil eluded to, Johns Hopkins also had #1 Priya Gillan - GK 5' 7" Graduate Student (D1 Illinois State transfer) on the bench.

On the other side, Case Western Reserve had two grad student D-I transfers:
#11 Fwd Camryn Hartman (Grad Student - D-I Univ. of Cincinnati transfer):  22 starts, 14 goals, 10 assists (both led team)
#27 Fwd Samantha Cramin (Grad Student - D-I Iowa transfer):  22 games played (0 starts), 7 goals, 3 assists