MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoPerry and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Titan Q

IWU 73
Millikin 51

* Trevor Seibring: 16 pts, 7 reb
* Bryce Dolan: 13 pts, 2 reb, 3 assists
* Mark Falotico: 12 pts (5-5 FG), 3 assists
* Ryan Coyle: 10 pts, 5 reb

* Tommy Pilackas: 16 pts, 5 reb
* TJ Griffin: 15 pts, 2 reb

FG: IWU 56.9%; Millikin 28.1%

The Titans played very well again tonight...on both ends of the floor.  IWU has it clicking nicely right now.

Big home game Saturday vs North Central.

Titan Q

Augustana 76
North Central 49

It was 33-2 Augustana with 4:08 to play in the 1st.

Titan Q

From Chicago...
  North Park 82
  Wheaton 71

From Kenosha...
  Elmhurst 78
  Carthage 58

mr_b

Final from Chicago: North Park 82, Wheaton 71. Juwan Henry scored 29 and Jordan Robinson added 19 to go along with his 19 rebounds (16 defensive).  Rickey Samuelson led the Thunder with 21 points.

Titan Q

+/- Standings Through Wednesday 1/13
* Elmhurst: +2   (at Wheaton)
* Augustana: +1   (at Carthage)
* Illinois Wesleyan: +1   (vs North Central)
* North Central: +1   (at Illinois Wesleyan)
* North Park: +0   (at Millikin)
* Wheaton: -1   (vs Elmhurst)
* Carthage: -2   (vs Augustana)
* Millikin: -2   (vs North Park)

iwu70

Seems NCC had a meltdown in the first half vs. Augie.  Reminds me of another game up there where the Titans led Augie in the first half 29-2.  Guess the Doggies wanted to make a statement.

Good performance by the Titans tonight -- getting some better D.  Held Sims in check big time.  Good first half by Dolan, then others pitched in in the second, esp. Seibring, Pennington, Coyle and others.  Falatico had a nice game -- probably his career high in scoring to date.

Yes, some big home games upcoming for the TITANS .

IWU'70

iwumichigander

Quote from: iwu70 on January 13, 2016, 09:52:25 PM
Seems NCC had a meltdown in the first half vs. Augie.  Reminds me of another game up there where the Titans led Augie in the first half 29-2.  Guess the Doggies wanted to make a statement.

Good performance by the Titans tonight -- getting some better D.  Held Sims in check big time.  Good first half by Dolan, then others pitched in in the second, esp. Seibring, Pennington, Coyle and others.  Falatico had a nice game -- probably his career high in scoring to date.

Yes, some big home games upcoming for the TITANS .

IWU'70
Going to disagree with you and Q as 16 turnovers, 47.1% FT and a little ugly is an OK game.  I would not call it good or playing very well but that is just me.
I did like the work of Mr. Falatico tonight ( have seen his work as a JV). 

iwu70

IWUM, yes, always some things that can be improved, esp. that FT %.  Agree on that one.  But, a road win in the CCIW, esp. at the Griz, is always welcome, always good.   Hope this edition of the Titans continues to gel, improve and really gives the top teams -- EC and AC -- a run for their money.

Don't really understand how NCC played so poorly in the first half vs. Augie Doggies.  Curious minds wish to know?

'70

USee

Quote from: Titan Q on January 13, 2016, 09:44:54 PM
Augustana 76
North Central 49

It was 33-2 Augustana with 4:08 to play in the 1st.

On the bright side the Cardinals outscored em 47-43 the rest of the way.

voxelmhurst

Elmhurst 78
Carthage 58

Kyle Wuest: 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists
Eric Leonard: 13 points, 4 assists
Erik Crittenden: 9 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks
Will Nixon: 9 points, 7 rebounds

Jordon Kedrowski: 21 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
Sean Valentine: 10 points, 4 rebounds

Erik Crittenden was back in the starting lineup with a strong game after missing Saturday's game in Decatur. Elmhurst is just so deep. Tonight, it was Eric Leonard coming in off the bench to go for double digits. 11 Bluejays scored points tonight and 38 bench points, to go with the usual strong efforts from Wuest, Nixon, and Crittenden.

Titan Q

Quote from: iwumichigander on January 13, 2016, 10:01:46 PM
Going to disagree with you and Q as 16 turnovers, 47.1% FT and a little ugly is an OK game.  I would not call it good or playing very well but that is just me.

For me, when you go on the road and shoot 56.9%, hold the other team to 28.1%, and win by 22 that's playing "really well." 

Keep it simple, Mich. 

CCIW >

Not much to say about last nights game. Was a MUST win for Augie and they came out ready to play.
Game was 100% over when Sorenson picked up his second foul in, what, 3 mins to start the game? Neither of which were fouls but forced him to sit for too long in the first half. Straughter may be the first person i have ever seen to take a charge while on offense... His back hit the floor before the game even started. I will give Augie some credit tho, was a well designed play to give the NCC big an early foul.

There is three things you can guarentee in life: Death, Taxes, and ZERO sportsmanship from Grey Giovanni. Tough to lose to a guy that acts that way on the sidelines. I once had a coach in Middle School that jumped around and cried like that, I can vividly remember asking my father if I could quit the team and try a different sport because of it. Makes me so uncomfortable and embarrassed to be around, luckily my father agreed. Not sure how the players feel about his behavior, but i guess everyone has different feelings and priorities. 

Must win Saturday vs IWU. NCC won't make the NCAA Tourney if they get the 4 seed in the tourney. Same most likely goes for IWU

markerickson

While Wheaton had several players taller than any North Park starter, including their leading scorer, I do not recall a single time when the SAD posted a player down low. Wheaton displayed zero inside game last night.  They did not even try to do so, and North Park should have won by a much larger margin.  If NP's goal is to qualify for the CCIW tourney, a road victory at Professor Hawkin's current employer is necessary and certainly attainable.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

markerickson

Anybody heard the rumor that Elmhurst's coach said that the current EC and Augie teams are the best CCIW teams ever?  I also heard that Dennis Bridges allegedly called Bosko to joke at such a boast.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.