Conference changes

Started by hopefan, May 01, 2008, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonmann

Just filing this here for future reference.  It's a longish piece I did on the program building efforts at Bryn Athyn and Wilson, with coach interviews.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2015/01/selling-the-vision

Greek Tragedy

So teams leaving conferences to join already established conferences are eligible for Pool C selection but not the conference's Pool A since they just joined? I know Superior heads to the UMAC next year.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

KnightSlappy

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 15, 2015, 01:13:31 PM
So teams leaving conferences to join already established conferences are eligible for Pool C selection but not the conference's Pool A since they just joined? I know Superior heads to the UMAC next year.

They should be eligible for Pool A right away. I don't know why the conference would exclude them. There's no provisional period for switching conferences.

gordonmann

Right. The SCIAC made Chapman ineligible for the conference title when the Panthers first joined the conference, but that's not an NCAA rule.

Greek Tragedy

Thanks. I didn't think there was. Superior must be licking their chops. Everyone in the UMAC is under .500, with Bethany Lutheran,  Crown and Martin Luther a combined 2-33.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gordonmann

It's a been a while since we've had conference shuffling news, but Merchant Marine is headed back to the port they left. The Mariners are going back to the Skyline in 2016-2017.

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2015/05/merchant-marine-returns-skyline-conference

kate

That's cool Gordon, "the port they left".  There's also, the grass isn't always greener, or in this case, the water's not always more blue.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: gordonmann on May 25, 2015, 12:39:20 PM
It's a been a while since we've had conference shuffling news, but Merchant Marine is headed back to the port they left. The Mariners are going back to the Skyline in 2016-2017.

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2015/05/merchant-marine-returns-skyline-conference
Makes perfect sense.

Was the NEWMAC adding football a consideration in this decision?

Does that leave the LL with 7 football playing members and a late season open date?

More shuffling from Pool B to a Pool A conference...
QuoteSt. Joseph's (Bklyn.) will join the Skyline beginning in 2015-16.

KnightSlappy

Bumping this and adding the new information.

Conference Changes Starting in 2015-2016
Belhaven joins the ASC (should be Year 1 Provisional Member)
Chatham to add Men's basketball and join the PrAC.
St. Josephs (Blkyn.) leaves the independent ranks and joins the SKY
UW-Superior leaves the WIAC for the UMAC

Provisional Pipeline for 2015-2016 - (I don't have these confirmed yet, but this is if each advances as would be expected)
First year of full membership: Sarah Lawrence, SUNY-Canton
*4th year provisional members: Houghton, Southern Virginia, Valley Forge
*3rd year provisional members: Iowa Wesleyan
2nd year provisional members: Bryn Athyn, Penn College, Berea, Alfred State, Illinois Tech, McMurry (reclassifying)
1st year provisional members: Belhaven
(Alfred State and Illinois Tech were not advanced to Year 2 status in 2014-15.)
*Year 3 and 4 provisional members count the same as full-members for regional-ranking and tournament selection purposes

Conference Changes Starting in 2016-2017
Carroll leaves the MWC for the CCIW
Merchant Marine leaves the LAND for the SKY

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 28, 2015, 04:49:09 PM
Quote from: gordonmann on May 25, 2015, 12:39:20 PM

Makes perfect sense.

Was the NEWMAC adding football a consideration in this decision?

Does that leave the LL with 7 football playing members and a late season open date?

The NEWMAC football news left the LL with five members, actually.
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2015/04/newmac-adds-football
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: KnightSlappy on May 29, 2015, 10:59:36 AM

What they need to do is join the South Eastern Association. They belong in the SEA, not the LAND or SKY.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

KnightSlappy

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 29, 2015, 01:57:21 PM

What they need to do is join the South Eastern Association. They belong in the SEA, not the LAND or SKY.

:-\

gordonmann

KnightSlappy

Quote from: gordonmann on May 29, 2015, 05:54:51 PM
Ha! I liked it. +k

I did a +k too, but didn't want it to go to his head.  :)

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 29, 2015, 01:57:21 PM

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!