FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOPEful

Quote from: Li'l Giant on November 12, 2019, 11:53:49 AM
Totally agree. I spent more time trying to place 8-10 than those teams have earned.

I don't remember who I plugged in at #10. All I remember is that they didn't deserve to be there, but neither did anyone else.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

USee

You could just put each name you think are candidates for 7-10 on an envelope and throw them down a flight of stairs. Whichever envelope goes the farthest is #7, 2nd farthest is #8, etc.

Its a proven process.

smedindy

CollegeGolf18

Quote from: USee on November 12, 2019, 12:06:02 PM
You could just put each name you think are candidates for 7-10 on an envelope and throw them down a flight of stairs. Whichever envelope goes the farthest is #7, 2nd farthest is #8, etc.

Its a proven process.

I like to assign numbers on a dartboard to teams and then throw four darts.
Former Collegiate Golfer
Current Sports Nut

HOPEful

Quote from: CollegeGolf18 on November 12, 2019, 12:52:33 PM

Its a proven process.

Finlandia gets the bulls-eye, just to keep things interesting!
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

Flying Dutch Fan

Quote from: HOPEful on November 12, 2019, 01:24:56 PM
Quote from: CollegeGolf18 on November 12, 2019, 12:52:33 PM

Its a proven process.

Finlandia gets the bulls-eye, just to keep things interesting!

Hey, they have the #1 pass defense in the nation :)
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

FCGrizzliesGrad

Week 10

https://imgur.com/a/HNNwqyJ

The NRFP is voted on by: Captain_Joe08, CollegeGolf18, Dr. Acula, FCGrizzliesGrad, HOPEful, Li'l Giant, NCF,  smedindy, thunderdog, and wally wabash.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

bluestreak66

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on November 12, 2019, 02:38:53 PM
Week 10

https://i.imgur.com/8C8NqjD.png
The NRFP is voted on by: Captain_Joe08, CollegeGolf18, Dr. Acula, FCGrizzliesGrad, HOPEful, Li'l Giant, NCF,  smedindy, thunderdog, and wally wabash.
Apparently, the IWU coaching staff has compromising photos of someone  ;)
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

smedindy

When the MIAA has as many people ranked here as the OAC and CCIW....

This must be one of the rare occasions that each conference is represented in the Top 10. At least I can't recall one recently.

FCGrizzliesGrad

2nd Rankings are out
https://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2019/second-regional-ranking

Top 5 are the same as our poll with 6 and 7 flipped.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

wally_wabash

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on November 13, 2019, 01:37:02 PM
2nd Rankings are out

JCU ranked ahead of Hope and Aurora this week doesn't make a lot of criteria sense to me.  And if there was a time for North Central fans to get squirmy, this is it.  BW stays ranked and if JCU wins this week, they'll have a vRRO win.  North Central has a vRRO win this week thanks to WashU's standing last week, but won't have that when the rankings are finalized Saturday night.  Maybe the actual gap between NCC and JCU is essentially insurmountable (it should be, frankly), but if not, they've set the table here to do the unthinkable. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Li'l Giant

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 13, 2019, 01:57:31 PMAnd if there was a time for North Central fans to get squirmy, this is it.  BW stays ranked and if JCU wins this week, they'll have a vRRO win.  North Central has a vRRO win this week thanks to WashU's standing last week, but won't have that when the rankings are finalized Saturday night.  Maybe the actual gap between NCC and JCU is essentially insurmountable (it should be, frankly), but if not, they've set the table here to do the unthinkable.

I was just coming here to post that NCC fans are probably not happy right now.
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 13, 2019, 01:57:31 PM
Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on November 13, 2019, 01:37:02 PM
2nd Rankings are out

JCU ranked ahead of Hope and Aurora this week doesn't make a lot of criteria sense to me.  And if there was a time for North Central fans to get squirmy, this is it.  BW stays ranked and if JCU wins this week, they'll have a vRRO win.  North Central has a vRRO win this week thanks to WashU's standing last week, but won't have that when the rankings are finalized Saturday night.  Maybe the actual gap between NCC and JCU is essentially insurmountable (it should be, frankly), but if not, they've set the table here to do the unthinkable.
But if John Carroll wins, that will knock BW out of the rankings meaning they'd still be 0-1 vRRO wouldn't it?

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Li'l Giant on November 13, 2019, 02:00:51 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on November 13, 2019, 01:57:31 PMAnd if there was a time for North Central fans to get squirmy, this is it.  BW stays ranked and if JCU wins this week, they'll have a vRRO win.  North Central has a vRRO win this week thanks to WashU's standing last week, but won't have that when the rankings are finalized Saturday night.  Maybe the actual gap between NCC and JCU is essentially insurmountable (it should be, frankly), but if not, they've set the table here to do the unthinkable.

I was just coming here to post that NCC fans are probably not happy right now.
Just did a quick run through the pool C teams on that board... even if NCC is first at the table I think it's going to be very tight to get in. Unless there's upsets the north is getting 1 team max and possibly not even that. ???

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

USee

Yes but that would still give them an SOS advantage over NCC (increase after BW, with NCC decrease v Millikin). I also think Wally said the RRO results for selection Sunday are a combination of this week and the final, hidden RR's? If that's the case, NCC is toast.