BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShineTime

Congrats to Herum that will certainly hurt whitewater he's a great player.  Anyone know if Ryan Schilter is playing anywhere?
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on July 27, 2013, 04:04:40 PM
Thanks ripon is going to be top 20 team in country this year mark it down.
They still need some pitching...
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: cubs on July 28, 2013, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: ShineTime on July 27, 2013, 04:04:40 PM
Thanks ripon is going to be top 20 team in country this year mark it down.
They still need some pitching...

My thought exactly. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Babe Truth

So following the June 21st application deadline, today is the day that a new Oskhosh coach was supposed to start the job. At this rate they won't have someone for the Fall session.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: ShineTime on July 28, 2013, 10:13:41 PM
Congrats to Herum that will certainly hurt whitewater he's a great player.  Anyone know if Ryan Schilter is playing anywhere?

I was looking at the rosters in the Northwoods League earlier today and I didn't see Schilter's name anywhere in the South Division.  Historically the players from our league have played in the South Division.  Fon, Pierce, Mierow and Hoen are WARHAWKS playing.  Fieresien (sp?) is having a fantastic summer.  Coady, Spetz, Storik,Cryzak (sp?) and a pitcher from Stout are on rosters.  There may be some others I don't recall off hand as well.   I think there is a Titan pitcher too.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on August 01, 2013, 04:22:36 PM

I was looking at the rosters in the Northwoods League earlier today and I didn't see Schilter's name anywhere in the South Division.  Historically the players from our league have played in the South Division.  Fon, Pierce, Mierow and Hoen are WARHAWKS playing.  Fieresien (sp?) is having a fantastic summer.  Coady, Spetz, Storik,Cryzak (sp?) and a pitcher from Stout are on rosters.  There may be some others I don't recall off hand as well.
Schilter was a senior last year, and I believe the Northwoods League is only for players who still have eligibility remaining at the college level....

cubs

Quote from: Babe Truth on August 01, 2013, 03:42:27 PM
So following the June 21st application deadline, today is the day that a new Oskhosh coach was supposed to start the job. At this rate they won't have someone for the Fall session.
Rumor has it that they have narrowed the list to five finalists...

BigPoppa

Care to share who the five finalists are(if you know)?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

cubs

Quote from: BigPoppa on August 01, 2013, 05:04:09 PM
Care to share who the five finalists are(if you know)?
Don't have any concrete information, so I don't want to just put names out there and spread rumors....  All I will say is this, if a couple of the names I have heard are true, they extend from from high school to NCAA D1 in experience.

cubs

Things could get VERY interesting in Oshkosh next week!!!!

Coach Lechnir's appeal is being heard Tuesday morning and needless to say, the article in the Journal Sentinel might have just been the tip of the iceberg as far as the details that were released. 

Babe Truth

Quote from: cubs on August 01, 2013, 04:32:37 PM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on August 01, 2013, 04:22:36 PM

I was looking at the rosters in the Northwoods League earlier today and I didn't see Schilter's name anywhere in the South Division.  Historically the players from our league have played in the South Division.  Fon, Pierce, Mierow and Hoen are WARHAWKS playing.  Fieresien (sp?) is having a fantastic summer.  Coady, Spetz, Storik,Cryzak (sp?) and a pitcher from Stout are on rosters.  There may be some others I don't recall off hand as well.
Schilter was a senior last year, and I believe the Northwoods League is only for players who still have eligibility remaining at the college level....

That's correct on both counts about Schilter and the NwL.   He was at the MLB tryout camp in Rockford a few weeks ago, choosing to run with the outfielders group to probably get his great speed noticed and appreciated.  I guess there's not much value in speed like that for catchers, even someone with his great overall skills.  Doesn't anyone remember Jason Kendall being a leadoff hitter and base stealing threat for the Pirates in his early days?

thrunt01

Quote from: Babe Truth on August 01, 2013, 03:42:27 PM

The hiring process for basketball also seemed to take a while last summer so I am not surprised. Looking forward to hearing the results of that appeal tuesday morning. That might be another reason not to announce anything, puts the university in a even worse situation if they name a coach or even finalists and end up bringing back Lechnir.

BigPoppa

Any chance that Appleton West's Bruce Erickson and Kimberly's Ryan McGinnis are on that list? Two local HS guys with tons of success. Maybe even consider Wisconsin T-rats manager Matt Erickson. 
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Babe Truth on August 02, 2013, 11:59:37 AM

That's correct on both counts about Schilter and the NwL.   He was at the MLB tryout camp in Rockford a few weeks ago, choosing to run with the outfielders group to probably get his great speed noticed and appreciated.  I guess there's not much value in speed like that for catchers, even someone with his great overall skills.  Doesn't anyone remember Jason Kendall being a leadoff hitter and base stealing threat for the Pirates in his early days?

I remember Jason Kendall in the minors but did not stay long at single A.

FYI - not all summer leagues have that same limitation.  The Alaska league has had their share of players well past college and saw Spaceman Lee throw seven a couple years ago.

ShineTime

How about jeremy jirschele would he have a chance?
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10