New England Soccer Discussion

Started by Jim Matson, June 09, 2006, 12:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooter442

Babson goes 1-0 up on ECONN. Beavers much stronger in the opening stages, but the visitors had some decent chances before Babson struck first.

ECSUalum

Quote from: blooter442 on September 01, 2016, 04:32:15 PM
Babson goes 1-0 up on ECONN. Beavers much stronger in the opening stages, but the visitors had some decent chances before Babson struck first.
Yeah Blooter,  a lot of ECSU freshmen and upperclassmen playing kickball, while Babson technically sound with possession. Goal on mistake by Eastern D!!  Also frustrating as Babson must have a freshman handling the camera work, with camera pointed else where vs on the ball a lot of the time, as well as a lot of blind spots on the field!! ??? :o  Very disappointed!

blooter442

Quote from: ECSUalum on September 01, 2016, 04:59:42 PM
Yeah Blooter,  a lot of ECSU freshmen and upperclassmen playing kickball, while Babson technically sound with possession. Goal on mistake by Eastern D!!  Also frustrating as Babson must have a freshman handling the camera work, with camera pointed else where vs on the ball a lot of the time, as well as a lot of blind spots on the field!! ??? :o  Very disappointed!

It certainly hasn't been great, that's for sure! I did see that ECSU knotted things up, but missed the goal. Could be huge for momentum given that it was at the start of the second half. Eastern has hit the wall twice from direct kicks, those free attempts have been poor.

Update: Really poor camera work. A near-shot for ECSU that went wide was completely missed!

ECSUalum

Quote from: blooter442 on September 01, 2016, 05:32:36 PM
Quote from: ECSUalum on September 01, 2016, 04:59:42 PM

It certainly hasn't been great, that's for sure! I did see that ECSU knotted things up, but missed the goal. Could be huge for momentum given that it was at the start of the second half. Eastern has hit the wall twice from direct kicks, those free attempts have been poor.

Update: Really poor camera work. A near-shot for ECSU that went wide was completely missed!

2-1 Babson in 88th min on another ECSU goof in the back.  Too many poor passes into turnovers by Eastern giving Babson too many chances.  ECSU missing their all LEC defenseman Cooper D'Ambrosio.  Babson the superior technicians and deserved the win!!

PS I realized yesterday that ECSU second leading scorer Tyler Jones is a no show this year   Another key player that does not return after a bunch in previous 2 years!!  DeVito ??? ???

ECSUalum

From UMB Athletics: BRISTOL, R.I.—Freshman Ocane Williamson (Spanish Town, Jamaica) and junior Marcelo Cunha (Goiania, Brazil) each scored to lead UMass Boston men's soccer to a 2-0 shutout of host Roger Williams University in Thursday night's season opener.
Ocane Wiliamson 6'3" 200lb freshman! BTW he is considerably older than most freshman.

Mr.Right

Quote from: ECSUalum on September 02, 2016, 09:52:12 AM
From UMB Athletics: BRISTOL, R.I.—Freshman Ocane Williamson (Spanish Town, Jamaica) and junior Marcelo Cunha (Goiania, Brazil) each scored to lead UMass Boston men's soccer to a 2-0 shutout of host Roger Williams University in Thursday night's season opener.
Ocane Wiliamson 6'3" 200lb freshman! BTW he is considerably older than most freshman.

We all knew this was a talented bunch and will be in the NCAA's IMO again this year and possibly make some noise. They have a good non-conference schedule. Let's see if they can remain focused and keep their heads on straight this year. Last year they would self destruct in some games

PaulNewman

UMass-Boston looking good. Easily handling a pretty good Wentworth squad. Skilled at all positions. Maybe last year's relative success and experience are going to yield a more mature team. Definitely one to watch.

blooter442

Brandeis 3-1 up on John Carroll after the visitors equalized. Surprisingly, all four goals have come from set pieces.

Elsewhere, Babson fell to Rutgers-Newark 3-2. Perhaps some consolation is that they scored two goals for the second straight game, but as good as R-N is it's never good to give up 3 goals at home.

ECSUalum

Quote from: NCAC New England on September 03, 2016, 11:43:35 AM
UMass-Boston looking good. Easily handling a pretty good Wentworth squad. Skilled at all positions. Maybe last year's relative success and experience are going to yield a more mature team. Definitely one to watch.

Agreed, They looked excellent, however I did not se Mohammed Kenaway on the pitch today.  Wonder if you has fitness issues!

Ommadawn

Quote from: ECSUalum on September 03, 2016, 06:56:50 PM
Agreed, They looked excellent, however I did not se Mohammed Kenaway on the pitch today.  Wonder if you has fitness issues!

He has a long history of battling back from injury.  I know he had a successful PDL season this summer, but haven't heard anything of his current status.

NEsoccerfan20

Supposedly Kenawy hasn't been at any scrimmages, games... interesting... on another note UMB's Jamaican forward is the real deal... he is also a freshman born in 1988... yes you read that right.

rudy

Anyone going to the Brandeis game today? That should be a telling game for both sides

blooter442

Quote from: rudy on September 04, 2016, 12:11:33 PM
Anyone going to the Brandeis game today? That should be a telling game for both sides

I am. I think Haverford has the slight edge but home field could be beneficial for Brandeis. I'd say a score draw is possible, although if one team is to win it I'd think it'd be Haverford.

ECSUalum

Just a pathetic performance by Eastern in Mahwah NJ this afternoon vs Ramapo College.  DeVito better teach his players how to string three passes together and shore up the porous defense or it is going to be a long season for this team :-[ All they seem to know how to do is kick the ball up field.  They beat Ramapo 4-0 last year and this year was dominated by them!!

PaulNewman

Nice response from Wheaton (MA) after opening day loss to Wentworth, picking up a pair of wins against two NJAC foes.  Babson goes in the other direction, losing a pair to the NJAC.