FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on February 18, 2013, 10:01:58 PM
Last Friday Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez hired former Mount Union free safety Matt Caponi to safeties coach.  Matt was a free safety at Mount from 2000 to 2003, going 55-1 and winning three national titles. He began his coaching career there as a student assistant in 2004, becoming the school's JV coordinator and linebackers coach a year later.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/2013/02/15/rich-rodriguez-completes-coaching-staff-by-promoting-grad-assistant-matt-caponi/

Caponi was a team captain and starting safety at Mount Union, earning all-conference second-team honors as a senior in 2003. MUC went 55-1 during his four years including three Division III national titles. He earned a degree in physical education in 2005.

Craft_Beermeister

Adam Sahd of Penn Manor High School in Lancaster, PA who was being recruited by Mount Union chose to be a preferred walk-on  at the University of Richmond.

Sahd (5-feet-11, 175) completed 69 percent of his passes (118 of 171) for 1,838 yards, 19 touchdowns and just five interceptions.

Sahd said he also looked hard at Villanova, Delaware and Mount Union.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/814346_Sahd-heads-for-Richmond.html

rscl70

Quote from: Nattyboy on February 18, 2013, 11:51:26 AM
Anyone have any insight on hiring's at Wilmington? If no insight, thoughts?

In case you haven't seen it, there is some information here: http://www.d3football.com/notables/2012/12/former-d3-coach-nfl-player-returns

I have no insight, but it's obvious that Hairston has a huge job ahead of him.  It would be nice to see Wilmington become more competitive.
12-0 = 13

HScoach

Quote from: rscl70 on February 19, 2013, 07:41:26 AM

In case you haven't seen it, there is some information here: http://www.d3football.com/notables/2012/12/former-d3-coach-nfl-player-returns

I have no insight, but it's obvious that Hairston has a huge job ahead of him.  It would be nice to see Wilmington become more competitive.

I agree.  Though it's impossible for them to be less competitive.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

reality check

Coach Hairston has always been a stand-up guy.  He took over late in the pre-season when ONU went through the Kaz debacle.  As I understand it, he thought hard about taking a stand and walking away in support of Coach Kaz but was compelled to stay for the student-athletes.  That gets my respect.

He's got a huge job ahead of him but he has coached in the CFL and has plenty of experience at all levels.  I've never heard a bad word said about him in my days at ONU.  I hope he finds success but as already stated, it's a tough road ahead.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

Bein_86

Best of luck to all of those OAC players pursuing additional opportunities in football after their college careers. I have loved watching you play and wish you the best !!

Raider 68

Quote from: Bein_86 on February 22, 2013, 04:21:58 PM
Best of luck to all of those OAC players pursuing additional opportunities in football after their college careers. I have loved watching you play and wish you the best !!

Bein_86,

I second that! It is great to support D3 football! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

Bein_86

The kids are better than they get credit for. I watched the combine, especially the WR's, of course, Just based on numbers I know some guys who would have performed favorably over there just from the OAC.

Toph

Quote from: HScoach on February 20, 2013, 07:03:50 AM
Quote from: rscl70 on February 19, 2013, 07:41:26 AM

I agree.  Though it's impossible for them to be less competitive.

I realize I'm a little late to the party here, but THAT is funny.  +k

Raider 68

It will be interesting to see how the Spring drills go for the Raiders. A new RB and competition
at WR! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

PurpleSuit

The Ohio roster for the Ohio-Michigan Senior Bowl was announced today. The game is April 20 at Fawcett. The following OAC players are on the roster:

WR:
Trey Fairchild, Otterbein
Lane Robilotto, John Carroll
TE:
Gabe Shively, Otterbein
OL:
Chris Favazzo, Mount Union
Tyler Joseph, Ohio Northern
DL:
Frank Orteca, Mount Union
LB:
Craig Sykes, Heidelberg
Chad Pepper, Otterbein
DB:
Anthony Korpiesk, Otterbein
Isaiah Scott, Mount Union

willbstar

What are the dates for the Raiders spring football practice and spring game?

Pat Coleman

Unless Mount Union is taking a foreign tour this spring, it can't have padded practices, or therefore, a spring game in the traditional sense.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

raiderpa

The fact that the head coach at UWW is interviewing for other jobs has to hurt the recruiting and feeling of stability of the program.  If you look at the programs that continue to be successful, the stability of the staffs is one of the topics that keeps coming up as related to their successes.  I wish him well, and know it is the nature of most coaches to want to move up,  but the Warhawk players and fans have to feel a bit jilted by his actions.