WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rofrog

It went all the way to road win pct. Moravian 5-2 and Juniata 3-4

ronk

Bridgette was missing her 3s in pregame warmups, started the game, missed at least her 1st 4 game 3s attempts before going 3-6 the rest of the way, discounting an end of period try. She looked comfortable moving, so probably be close to 100% for the Wednesday semifinal.
  A lot of turnovers For the Lady Royals, mostly bad passes/fumbled catches against a very short, undermanned, but game Goucher group. Goucher did a good job with their offensive movement. 

saratoga

Some stats that don't show up on the games stats we see are the actual blown layups & crazy off balance shots that are taken.

Whatever the total, they are far too many.

Another stat that jumps off the page from yesterday is 20 minutes played and 0 rebounds?? Possibly sick or injured, not sure.

There were at least a half dozen times the Wollard girl from Goucher came away with both defensive & offensive rebounds surrounded by at least 3 Lady Royal players standing flat footed waiting for someone else to get the rebound.

This team has to get hungrier for second chance shots & blocking the opposition out.
Mackenzie certainly did her fair share of board duty, probably had at least half the team total herself.

Wollard played her heart out for Goucher & I'll take that energy & passion any day.

Great to see Bridget back & moving fairly comfortably.
Just seeing her move without pain & getting her stroke down is a welcome sight.

Best of luck Wednesday evening to Trevor & the kids, a whole new season is about to begin.

Tim the Enchanter

Landmark playoffs pushed back to Thursday/Sunday because of the impending weather:

http://landmarkconference.org/general/2018-19/releases/02192019-bball-champ-changes

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The new NCAA Division III women's basketball regional rankings are posted: https://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2019/02/women-regional-rankings-third
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

Lady Royals back at number 1 in the Region.

Not too shabby considering the ladies & coaching staff pulled off a 23-2 record with an All-American sidelined for 16 of 25 games.

Congrats to all!

saratoga

Great job Lady Royals.

All the best on Sunday.

Tim the Enchanter

Congratulations, Lady Royals!

ronk

Congrats Lady Royals - good defense, got 50/50 balls, good backdoor cuts, good passes and catches in the paint.

E-town missing Angie Hawkins, their most athletic player; she didn't play in the semi, either. They have a chance for an at-large; playing Scranton will boost their SOS.

Scranton had 3 NESCAC teams ahead of them in the D3 poll; needed Bowdoin to win to drop Tufts and Amherst behind Scranton in the seeded brackets for hosting probability in the 2nd weekend. If the first weekend goes to chalk, it should mean Scranton would go to Tufts or Bowdoin for the 2nd weekend.

saratoga

Trevor had the kids well prepared & they executed extremely well.

The Lady Royals will certainly host next weekend, after that it depends on a variety of things.

I do not see E-town getting a bid.

There have already been several upsets in league championships, I don't see room for a team that doesn't have at least 20 wins.

One team with a huge turn-around from last season is Hartwick.

They played the Lady Royals in our Holiday Tournament and appeared lost on their way to only 8 wins. I think the Royals defeated them by close to 40.

This year, they are 23-4 and champions of the Empire 8.

What a difference a year can make.

ronk

Hartwick's leading scorer missed the Scranton game, they only played 6 players with 4 playing 40 mins. Agreed, it's been a remarkable turnaround. 
  For some reason, E-town only played 24 regular season games, or else they might have reached the 20-win plateau.

saratoga

Hosting pods next weekend will be:

*Bowdoin
*Tufts
*Amherst
*Scranton
*Haverford?
*Chris-Newport
*Desales
*Hunter

Anyone else from New England/Mid Atlantic/Atlantic?

ronk

Messiah definitely, Gettysburg, New Paltz(East), Marymount

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Don't bet on Amherst. Losing in the semis could make things interesting.

Also, Haverford will not, nor will CNU. DeSales certainly, Hunter no.

I'm not sure Marymount hosts at all - their criteria isn't good enough.

Messiah probably, G'burg I doubt.

There are 16 hosts across the entire country. You guys are putting a lot of stock in a lot of teams in this area.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

I'd say yes on Messiah, forgot them.

I'm thinking no on Marymount if for no other reason than the no mans land the conference is in for 2 years.

Thinking no to G-Burg as well. They lost that chance when they lost to Haverford.

Haverford as a host, probably not.

I'm still thinking CNU gets a site the first weekend.

Putting a lot of stock in New England/Mid Atlantic & Atlantic because the last 1,000 miles of the US from north to south & east to west has about 12 D3 schools.  ;)