MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomt4525

Big news in Wisconsin...Head Coach at Bryant & Stratton, Matt Majrzak, has been hired as the new Head Coach at Northern Michigan.  He had a lot of commits in Wisconsin and I would assume atleast a few will be back on the market.

Justin Kuehl Hustisford
Noah Parcher La Crosse Central
Noah Jeseritz Watertown
Ryan Lacerte Wausau East
Luke Taylor Germantown
Jordan Schwanke Beaver Dam
Montae Thompson Madison East

tomt4525

Quote from: tomt4525 on June 26, 2019, 01:35:06 PM
Big news in Wisconsin...Head Coach at Bryant & Stratton, Matt Majrzak, has been hired as the new Head Coach at Northern Michigan.  He had a lot of commits in Wisconsin and I would assume atleast a few will be back on the market.

Justin Kuehl Hustisford
Noah Parcher La Crosse Central
Noah Jeseritz Watertown
Ryan Lacerte Wausau East
Luke Taylor Germantown
Jordan Schwanke Beaver Dam
Montae Thompson Madison East

Justin Kuehl is following Coach Majrzak to Northern Michigan.

AndOne

Looks like Oshkosh will be having a heavy dose of CCIW this season with games scheduled against Augustana, North Central, Carthage, and Elmhurst that I've seen on schedules posted so far.

UWBadgers

UWO's incoming class -

Eddie Muench: Transfer from Rockhurst University (D2) in Kansas City

Will Mahoney: Appleton West High School

Quinn Steckbauer: Merrill High School

Nick Otto: Xavier High School

Levi Nienhaus-Borchert: Kimberly High School.

Greek Tragedy

They are really stretching out the regular season, aren't they. 1st games are the weekend of November 8-10 and the UAA finishes up the weekend or February 28-29. Then the postseason is stretched out for another 5 weekends, right?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

2019 F Trevon Chislom (6-6) of McFarland has committed to NCAA Whitewater.

Greek Tragedy

1. Oshkosh has a solid non-conference schedule. Only three of their 11 games are at home. They open the season at Augustana, then at NCC and at Carthage. Then they are home for three games. A trip to Michigan follows for two games and then they continue their rivalry in DePere. They finish off with a trip to Georgia to take on Emory and LaGrange.

https://www.uwoshkoshtitans.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/schedule

2. La Crosse's schedule isn't out yet, but a news release states they'll be playing Wisconsin on Nov. 1 and open the regular season against Crown on Friday, Nov. 8.

3. Platteville has a couple of headliners in their NC schedule this year. They host Wash. U and Hope. The Pioneers also head to Texas to take on LeTourneau and MHB. They play two non-D3 teams this year, Viterbo and Cardinal Stritch.

https://www.letsgopioneers.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/schedule

4. Not surprising, Point doesn't have their schedule up yet.

5. Eau Claire heads to Wash U to take on Whitworth and possibly the hosts. They also fly out to Washington state to take on Pacific Lutheran and Puget Sound.

https://www.blugolds.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/schedule

6. Whitewater has at least three big games on their schedule this year.  They host Wash U, head to Rock Island to take on Augustana and take on Amherst in Florida.

https://uwwsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&

7. Highlighting River Falls' schedule is a game against Nebraska Wesleyan and a trip to Vegas to participate in the D3hoops classic.

https://uwrfsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&

8. Stout plays an exhibition vs UWGB this year and also plays in the St. Norbert tournament. They also have an exhibition vs Saginaw Valley State. So with the two in-season exhibition games, they play 13 games before the conference season kicks in.

https://athletics.uwstout.edu/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Stout has picked up a late commitment from Madison West guard, Cliff McCray.

tomt4525

Oshkosh got their 2020 class started early with Plymouth Guard Cole Booth.  He had multiple D2 offers so this is a big time get this early.  Oshkosh is on a roll.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

badgerwarhawk

How extensive of DIII recruiting classes nationally do you figure Mark Miller's knowledge is?  No doubt Oshkosh has an excellent group but....
"Just think twice is my only advice."

WUPHF

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on August 25, 2019, 10:10:30 PM
How extensive of DIII recruiting classes nationally do you figure Mark Miller's knowledge is?  No doubt Oshkosh has an excellent group but....

My guess is that his thoughts leading up to the Tweet, he thought about the class relative to others in the league, past and present, and then decided that if it was the best in the WIAC, it was among the best in the nation.

tomt4525

UWSP basketball tweeted out welcoming their freshman on move in day today.  To go with Kaden Clark and Mayson Hazaert, Manawa 6'6" F, Jeven Sachtjen, will join the Pointers.  Also, looks like a kid from Pewaukee as well but I don't have a name.  Logan Mulhern from Osseo Fairchild had committed to UWSP but was not included.

Greek Tragedy

Will Point have enough for 5 v 5 scrimmages?  ::) ??? ;)
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

nescac1

I think it's a safe bet that Oshkosh, Augustana, Wash U and Williams have four of the top 6-8 incoming recruiting classes on paper.  All are power programs loaded with talent in recent years, and all brought in a large, highly acclaimed group of recruits at least several of whom received significant state-level recognition or rankings and/or received D2/D1 offers or significant D1 interest.  I think those classes are going to age very well, and to no one's surprise.  One other dark horse class: Claremont McKenna.