FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenhit2hard

LLama guy,,We would love to come tailgate with you when Mount is not the game of the day,,,but this week is the big Oyster Festival here on the Island and we work at it.Lots of oysters too eat, steamed,fried, in fritters,raw, and crabs,,and,, for the non seafood people ,,hot dogs. I'm hoping to eat about 4 dozen or so of the oysters,,hoping that at least one has some residual effect later in the evening,,,hope to see you guys this year,,beenhit2hard,,I could have signed in as "playedbeforethefacemaskwasinvented" but too many letters to remember,,,and the Ponies have a 2-3 record so far !!!

wesleydad

only 4 days until the homecoming tailgate and i already can not wait.  so looking forward to hanging with you guys again before the stagg and glad we are heading down friday evening to get the party started early.  weather will be cool so i guess the fire will be burning and the beverages will be pouring.  see you in a couple of days. :D

Llamaguy

Quote from: beenhit2hard on October 04, 2010, 01:24:13 PM

LLama guy,,We would love to come tailgate with you when Mount is not the game of the day,,,but this week is the big Oyster Festival here on the Island and we work at it.Lots of oysters too eat, steamed,fried, in fritters,raw, and crabs,,and,, for the non seafood people ,,hot dogs. I'm hoping to eat about 4 dozen or so of the oysters,,hoping that at least one has some residual effect later in the evening,,,hope to see you guys this year,,beenhit2hard,,I could have signed in as "playedbeforethefacemaskwasinvented" but too many letters to remember,,,and the Ponies have a 2-3 record so far !!!

I can certainly understand the volunteerism. Now the Oyster effect had me ROFLOL! Have a great Saturday and an even better Saturday night. You know we will! BTW- we discovered a new flavor of Boones Farm in Salem last week. Don't know that it is any better tasting than any of the others but it is atleast a different color!  :D :D :D
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

Llamaguy

Quote from: wesleydad on October 04, 2010, 10:00:51 PM
only 4 days until the homecoming tailgate and i already can not wait.  so looking forward to hanging with you guys again before the stagg and glad we are heading down friday evening to get the party started early.  weather will be cool so i guess the fire will be burning and the beverages will be pouring.  see you in a couple of days. :D

You can bet everyone will be plenty warm inside. Hell, I don't even need to pack a snow blower for this tailgate. BTW- our new President is a Penn State guy so you will feel right at home.  ;)
"The Dali Llama"

Snakehandler

Quote from: skoaltrain on October 01, 2010, 09:12:15 PM

Go BC!!!!!!!!!  Snakehandler? Where are you? Please tell me you're coming?  Missing that Ham Pot Pie.  My Dad is looking forward to it.

I will show up at some point, my schedule is up in the air right now.  I can't make any promisses  on the ham pot pie.
"Fear the Snakehandler, for he speaks with forked tongue"

skoaltrain

Quote from: Snakehandler on October 05, 2010, 01:59:15 PM
Quote from: skoaltrain on October 01, 2010, 09:12:15 PM

Go BC!!!!!!!!!  Snakehandler? Where are you? Please tell me you're coming?  Missing that Ham Pot Pie.  My Dad is looking forward to it.

I will show up at some point, my schedule is up in the air right now.  I can't make any promisses  on the ham pot pie.

Just to fellowship with Snakehandler regardless of him bringing food is a joy in and of itself.  It's been a while my Man!  Look forward to seeing you.  Cheers!!!

RMC08

I know I haven't posted in a while but I wanted to say congrats to the Jackets on coming back and playing one heck of a second half on Saturday.  Also, in my time away, welcome all the Shenandoah fans and supporters.  I am excited for how the next few weeks are going to shape up.

wesleydad

llama, am i to assume the there will be communion on saturday at some point before the game.  if so i will pick up a bottle, any color i mean flavor requests.  how about the game.  what chance does bridgewater have?  i watched the h-s game with catholic and they gave up plenty of yards to the pass.  at the least i will get to scout 2 possible playoff opponents for wesley.  only 3 more days.

Llamaguy

Quote from: wesleydad on October 05, 2010, 06:49:56 PM
llama, am i to assume the there will be communion on saturday at some point before the game.  if so i will pick up a bottle, any color i mean flavor requests.  how about the game.  what chance does bridgewater have?  i watched the h-s game with catholic and they gave up plenty of yards to the pass.  at the least i will get to scout 2 possible playoff opponents for wesley.  only 3 more days.

My thoughts are HSC is the favorite but given a few turnovers, anything can happen at BC on Homecoming weekend.  ;) 

I would hope you would get an ODAC representative in week 2 of the playoffs if the ODAC gets through week 1. An opening round meeting with the USAC looks like a lock if you guys secure the No. 1 seed, barring the USAC rep getting shipped out.  :o

Any flavor will do.

Cheers! I more day of real work then into tailgate mode.  ;D ;D ;D
"The Dali Llama"

SafetyGuy

Have had time to look at all the starting rosters, but at  midway thru the season any freshmen making an impact?

hasanova

Is SVU better than they've been in the past or did BC have a letdown? 

wesleydad

llama, i will see what i can find.  maybe go blue for wesley.  only 2 more days, but friday at school will be a go through the motions day as 2 oclock can not get here fast enough.  i will do what i can not to run over any poor drivers around balt - dc area on the way, but get the !@#@#!@!# out of the way, i got a tailgate party to get to with the bestest in the world folk from bridgewater.  see you on friday.  :D

Llamaguy

Quote from: hasanova on October 06, 2010, 05:25:43 PM
Is SVU better than they've been in the past or did BC have a letdown? 

that would be junior high mistakes per Coach Clark.  ;)  Up 21-7 and fumbled at own 15. Held to FG. Missed FG seconds before halftime and fumbled on 2 yrd line going in to score in 3rd quarter. Won by 9, should have been over by halftime. They had 1 receiver with speed but not a sole who would make a tackle. Athletic looking bunch though. :)
"The Dali Llama"

HSC85

Great props for Stone Station in Triple Take on the Daily Dose blog today, given by Ryan.

skoaltrain

Quote from: HSC85 on October 08, 2010, 10:46:10 AM
Great props for Stone Station in Triple Take on the Daily Dose blog today, given by Ryan.

I saw that too!  Great Press.  We will be in full force tomorrow.  Everyone is coming in today.  Great menu planned.  Come by HSC85 and kick a tire or two.  We love the Fellowship regardless of the foe.

Here is the ink from D3Football.com today that HSC types about.....

Game of the Week.
Ryan's take: Hampden-Sydney at Bridgewater. Going off script from the Top 25 a bit here, but last week, we saw the first of the ODAC's four undefeated teams fall. This week, we'll see yet another. The Tigers have been uncaged all season, with quality wins against Averett, N.C. Wesleyan and Salisbury. The Eagles, however, have reached 4-0 in less convincing fashion and will need their defense to step up if they don't want to get clipped. This week we will see clarity in the highly balanced ODAC. To top things off, Bridgewater's Stone Station, one of the best tailgate crews in the country, will have their grills fired up and ready to go.