FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bantam4life, MIDDFORTHEWIN and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

nescac1

Thanks for sharing PolarCat.  Although I have to note one correction: it's actually Conan Leary, as opposed to Conan O'Brien, who I don't think was cut out for either football or wrestling :)

PolarCat

Quote from: nescac1 on April 27, 2016, 03:51:05 PM
Thanks for sharing PolarCat.  Although I have to note one correction: it's actually Conan Leary, as opposed to Conan O'Brien, who I don't think was cut out for either football or wrestling :).

Shows you I can't multi task.  I am on a WebEx on business valuation, bored to tears by the excruciatingly detailed description of Single Period Capitalization Method, and surfing the board just to stay awake.

I'll edit my original post just so no one else goes WTF.  Thanks for the good catch.   ;D

fulbakdad

My son was also very excited about the pick at Tabor.  Loved him while he was there.  And now wants to go back there and teach/coach....

DC 53

FYI: Hamilton is posting its 2016 recruits on Hamilton Football Twitter and Facebook pages. It looks as if they intend to announce 5 or 6 per day. A word of caution: don't sleep on the Conts in 2016. The coaching staff and players don't expect to be anyone's punching bags moving forward.

amh63

DC53......thanks for the warning :).  Hope to hear from you in the future.  Plus K

hamgrand

Looks like an impressive class.  Hamilton has always had some talent. But it's amazing what a good coaching staff can do to a program.

Looking for goods things from the conts.

amh63

Looking on the Amherst website on a slow CAC sports day.  On the football Twitter site there is an interesting post wrt the Class of 2020 recruits.  A map showing the States of the recruits in the 2020 class.  The only New England states are Ma. And Ct.  Surprising to me is there are no recruits from NY state.  Guess Hamilton and others got all the talented ones :).  States shown are NJ, Md, Va, Mi, Fla, IL, CO, AZ, NC, TX, MA and CT.  No California this year.  Considering that the allotted number of Football "tips" is 14, this is an impressive number of states, IMO.  No comparison number from previous years nor how many expected players in the freshman class.

TheHerst2and4

Off that note amh63, Amherst is releasing it's recruits name's/positions/high schools on Instagram. Today they listed Oliver Eberth, a QB from SJ Prep in Mass. Looks pretty mobile and has a nice touch. Think he'll do well in the Amherst offense
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4507210/highlights/309819375

lumbercat

Eberth is a good one from a great program who was recruited pretty aggressively by several non D3 schools.

amh63

Two more Amherst football recruits featured today.  Brendan Coleman, Brophy College Prep, OL, Phoenix, AZ; Avery Safford, Mt Carmel HS, CB, Chicago, IL.  Coleman is a 6'4" 265lb player from a top school that has sent a number of players to the Ivies and to Tufts this year as I deduced on the school's  Facebook page.  Like QB EBerth, Coleman should fit in nicely in the next few years and 20 plus pounds. :).  Safford in his highlights was listed as an " Athlete".  Highlights include him at CB, WR and both a punt returner and kickoff return man.  Could contribute next season.

lumbercat

Completing my post on Eberth its no slight of Amherst Football to state that while he will receive good coaching with the Purple it will not exceed the QB tutelage at SJP. He will be the best prepared incoming QB in the NESCAC.

amh63

Lumbercat....I trust your assessment of Eberth's ability and the coaching he received in HS.  My comment wrt to when he may contribute at Amherst is based on the fact that Amherst's starting QB from last season has a few more seasons....and the point that Eberth is listed at 6'2" ....a nice height...and 170 lbs. 

Amherst has posted two more recruits on its website...with the first name of Nick.  One is from NJ and the other from Ma....both with good size at 6'1" and 6'4", respectively.  The taller one is from Boston College HS....and played against Eberth.....Nick Gill, WR. The other Nick is Nick Tighe, SS, OLS from Bergen Catholic HS in Oredell, NJ.  Have no idea what OLS means. 

All NESCAC

Quote from: lumbercat on May 06, 2016, 07:21:39 PM
Completing my post on Eberth its no slight of Amherst Football to state that while he will receive good coaching with the Purple it will not exceed the QB tutelage at SJP. He will be the best prepared incoming QB in the NESCAC.

Lumbercat I agree with your assessment of Eberth.  Have seen him play and he is a good one, and no doubt with Coach St. Pierre (former Boston College star and NFL QB) at SJ Prep he received tremendous coaching on how to play the QB position.  This is a good pick up for the Lord Jeff's.

Trin9-0

Trinity will be announcing their full incoming class at the annual golf outing on May 16th. I would assume they'll do a similar social media roll-out as well but not certain.

EDIT - Looks like Trin is starting to announce their incoming class via social media as well; this cool photoshop of Shelby Grant from CT state power, Darien was posted to their twitter account today along with the text "Newest Trinity running back from the state champion @DHSBWfootball Shelby Grant #Trin2020" along with a link to his very impressive highlight film as well: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3986902/highlights/297487384

They also posted the highlight tape for QB Koby Schofer from Northbridge High School in Whitinsville, MA: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1845254/highlights/306832468

I expect they'll continue posting these so for the next several days so if you're interested you can follow @TrinFootball on twitter.
NESCAC CHAMPIONS: 1974, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2023
UNDEFEATED SEASONS: 1911, 1915, 1934, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1993, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2022

nescacfollower

Glad to see Trinity starting to show off some of their recruits; Shelby Grant's hudl looks impressive as well! I wonder if the rest of the schools will follow Trinity, Amherst, and Welseyan's lead posting all of their recruits via social media.