FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albatross

Quote from: BerryCollegeFan on December 06, 2017, 11:01:51 AM
Congratulations to Coach Kunczewski for the Coach of the Year honor!
and the players as well on their recognitions!

2017 D3football.com All-South Region Team
Offensive Player of the Year: Jesse Zubik, WR, Washington & Jefferson
Defensive Player of the Year: Mamadou Soumahoro, DE, Berry
Coach of the Year: Tony Kunczewski, Berry

1st team
DE Mamadou Soumahoro Berry
3rd team
WR Mason Kinsey Berry
TE Tristen Cline Berry 

http://d3football.com/awards/all-region/2017/d3football-all-south-region-2017

Don't forget Miles Thompson (QB) and Nate Hodapp (WR) as first-teamers from Hendrix!

Also on the Third Team are:

Tim Grabenstein (T), Birmingham Southern
D.J. Coker (T), Rhodes
Alejandro Anzaldua (DT), Trinity
Cal Lewellyn (CB), Centre

Bonus: Johnny Davidson (P, Second Team) and Nick Leduc (DT, Second Team) from Wash. U made appearances as former SAA players, too.

BerryCollegeFan

albatross

Hendrix starts the new year with two new players signing with pro teams in Europe, in addition to re-signings:

DE Tyler Clifton - Ravensburg Razorbacks (German Football League)
- Clifton was a two-time First Team All-SAA selection at Hendrix

LB/DE Kody Smith - Saarland Hurricanes (German Football League)
- Smith was a Second Team All-SAA selection at Hendrix

------------
Two SAA legends re-signed with their respective teams in Europe as well

QB Seth Peters - Kuopio Steelers (Finnish Maple League)
- Peters led the Steelers to the National Title last season, and is a former SAA Offensive Player of the Year and First Team All-SAA selection

RB/RET. Dayton Winn - Copenhagen Towers (Danish Football League)
- Winn led the Towers to the league title last season (Mermaid Bowl) and is a former SAA Offensive Player of the Year, First Team All-SAA selection, and Gagliardi Trophy finalist.

jknezek

Former Sewanee Coach Tommy Laurendine was hired to be DII (former DIII) Mississippi College OC.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: jknezek on January 17, 2018, 02:46:46 PM
Former Sewanee Coach Tommy Laurendine was hired to be DII (former DIII) Mississippi College OC.
His wife (I assume, Shawna Laurendine) is the new VB coach at MC.

Ron Boerger

Trinity is doing some minor refurb of their stadium, starting with a new scoreboard per a tweet from Coach Urban saying this is part of "Phase I of stadium renovation".   Have no insight into what else Phase I might bring but don't expect anything major (or even replacement of the grass with turf).   

roocru

Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

albatross

Quote from: Ron Boerger on January 19, 2018, 12:17:14 PM
Trinity is doing some minor refurb of their stadium, starting with a new scoreboard per a tweet from Coach Urban saying this is part of "Phase I of stadium renovation".   Have no insight into what else Phase I might bring but don't expect anything major (or even replacement of the grass with turf).

I know this the eventual goal...I think it remains to be seen whether or not Trinity can get the full $$$ ask here.

albatross

Quote from: albatross on January 21, 2018, 02:01:09 PM
Quote from: Ron Boerger on January 19, 2018, 12:17:14 PM

I know this the eventual goal...I think it remains to be seen whether or not Trinity can get the full $$$ ask here.

This new strength and training complex is ambitious, too. Would be cool if it all went according to plan!

Ron Boerger

The new fitness center is finished, part of the ongoing (nearly complete) refurb of the Bell Center.   That is a separately funded project, used by all campus athletes and the general student population.  https://www.trinitonian.com/bell-center-renovations-nearing-completion/

Given that there has been no public announcement of the greater stadium project (which was announced several years ago, see http://www.trinitytigers.com/sports/fball/2014-15/files/Football_Brochure_as_pdf_8.5x11.pdf) reaching its goal, this would seem to be unrelated to that project.. or a very small initial step at best.   The last time I spoke to AD Bob King, they were waiting until the Bell Center was complete to start the big fundraising push.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: roocru on January 19, 2018, 02:28:51 PM
Austin College goes "Big Time?" in water polo. ;)

http://www.mpsports.org/sports/m-wpolo/spec-rel/011618aab.html

And a water polo conference only needs six teams for an AQ(from the release)?

(EDIT:   There are so few participants in NCAA Men's Water Polo that there is a single all-Division tournament with eight selections; six AQ and two at-large)

University of California
Stanford University
UCLA
USC
Penn State Behrend
AC

Four D1 teams and two D3 teams in a conference.   Sounds painful, even if the only time the D3 squads see the others is during the conference tournament.

Hawks88

I was checking to see who had schedules posted and BSC has one posted with only 9 games with Huntingdon as the only non-conf. No LaGrange week one. Is that just an over-sight or are they not playing? I went to BSC's website and they still have the '17 schedule showing but I changed the dates in the URL to 18-19 and same 9 game schedule with no LaGrange that is posted here comes up. I can't imagine why either team would want to drop that game.

Scots13

Quote from: Hawks88 on January 24, 2018, 10:41:51 AM
I was checking to see who had schedules posted and BSC has one posted with only 9 games with Huntingdon as the only non-conf. No LaGrange week one. Is that just an over-sight or are they not playing? I went to BSC's website and they still have the '17 schedule showing but I changed the dates in the URL to 18-19 and same 9 game schedule with no LaGrange that is posted here comes up. I can't imagine why either team would want to drop that game.
/
The schedule on d3football.com shows BSC and LaGrange are playing 8/30
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Hawks88

Quote from: Scots13 on January 24, 2018, 11:28:32 AM
/
It was updated since I posted. Also updated on their website.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Hawks88 on January 24, 2018, 11:47:36 AM
Quote from: Scots13 on January 24, 2018, 11:28:32 AM
/
It was updated since I posted. Also updated on their website.

Look at that -- it was indeed posted at 11:16 a.m. ET.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.