BB: Pool C

Started by CrashDavisD3, April 10, 2014, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Dixon

Swarthmore will need the RR teams to win their tournament, giving more Pool C chances.  A lot of teams have two regional losses coming if they play in their conf double elimination tournament and more likely than not, against regionally ranked opponents.

It is a stretch but you can be proactive or just accept your fate.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Jim Dixon on May 01, 2019, 12:56:38 PM
Swarthmore will need the RR teams to win their tournament, giving more Pool C chances.  A lot of teams have two regional losses coming if they play in their conf double elimination tournament and more likely than not, against regionally ranked opponents.

It is a stretch but you can be proactive or just accept your fate.

As mentioned before, the recent wins push Swarthmore into the 12 spot in the RR. Going to need serious help, but it definitely gives hope.

Ralph Turner

I am starting an ongoing list of "bubble-busters".

Please copy and add to the list if you think the outcome of a conference tourney as added to the list of "bubble-busters".

Cortland State - SUNYAC whose Pool A bid goes to Oswego

In the USA South, I thought the conference would get 2 bids for CNU and Salisbury. I don't see a bubble busted unless PSU Harrisburg's performance boosts them in the Regional Rankings.

hockeyfan77

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 08, 2019, 01:40:34 AM

Please copy and add to the list if you think the outcome of a conference tourney as added to the list of "bubble-busters".

In the USA South, I thought the conference would get 2 bids for CNU and Salisbury. I don't see a bubble busted unless PSU Harrisburg's performance boosts them in the Regional Rankings.

If USM doesn't win the LEC tourney, they are a shoo in for a Bid...You got to think the same thing for Babson if they don't win the NEMAC...

Jim Dixon

The USA South is unlikely to get two bids as the highest regionally ranked team is Piedmont at #7 in the South and Methodist never made the regional rankings.

The CAC could (well should) get three teams.  PSH is #5 in the Mid-Atlantic (35th SOS) behind teams with playoff bids (TCNJ, JHU) and can possibly leap frog Kean to #4 today.  Rowan should get a Pool C early in the selection process giving PSH a shot if they do not win the CAC.  It is hard to imagine Salisbury and CNU not making the playoffs in Pool C if it comes to that.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Jim Dixon on May 08, 2019, 12:31:11 PM

The USA South is unlikely to get two bids as the highest regionally ranked team is Piedmont at #7 in the South and Methodist never made the regional rankings.

The CAC could (well should) get three teams.  PSH is #5 in the Mid-Atlantic (35th SOS) behind teams with playoff bids (TCNJ, JHU) and can possibly leap frog Kean to #4 today.  Rowan should get a Pool C early in the selection process giving PSH a shot if they do not win the CAC.  It is hard to imagine Salisbury and CNU not making the playoffs in Pool C if it comes to that.
...my bad!  CAC

hockeyfan77

Babson maybe Wheaton: NEMAC Pool A goes to MIT

Jim Dixon

Quote from: hockeyfan77 on May 08, 2019, 11:21:09 PM

Add Salisbury but only if PSH wins since both Salisbury and CNU are playoff bound with or without CAC title

Add Trinity (Conn.) - missed their tournament so they will not get wins but no losses so they should maintain their top regional ranking.

A Rowan but then it was likley that both TCNJ and Rowan were going to make it.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Jim Dixon on May 10, 2019, 12:41:00 PM
Quote from: hockeyfan77 on May 08, 2019, 11:21:09 PM

In the USA South CAC, I thought the conference would get 2 bids for CNU and Salisbury. I don't see a bubble busted unless PSU Harrisburg's performance boosts them in the Regional Rankings.

Add Salisbury but only if PSH wins since both Salisbury and CNU are playoff bound with or without CAC title

Add Trinity (Conn.) - missed their tournament so they will not get wins but no losses so they should maintain their top regional ranking.

Add Rowan but then it was likley that both TCNJ and Rowan were going to make it.
CTX wins the Pool A bid from the ASC.

Caz Bombers

haven't really been following the Pool C scene in baseball this season...Cortland, Fisher, yes, no, maybe? Merchant Marine have even a slight chance?

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Caz Bombers on May 11, 2019, 05:34:22 PM
haven't really been following the Pool C scene in baseball this season...Cortland, Fisher, yes, no, maybe? Merchant Marine have even a slight chance?

Cortland and Fisher are likely, Merchant Marine is not.

cubs

Odds that both Whitewater and La Crosse both earn a Pool C bid if Whitewater doesn't get one of the Pool B bids?
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

ADL70

What team could possibly keep UWW from B?  Not Lax or CWRU

Seems to me that WashU and UWW are locks for B
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

jaybird44

Agree with ADL...WashU and Whitewater should be Pool B locks.  The question becomes whether they will both host?  I believe they both will host. 

Jim Dixon

read the D3baseball.com prediction.  Pool B: wash U and UWW