FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Tradition and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

OzJohnnie

Good golly, I just saw that Minn beat Auburn. The highlights were great. The Gopher offense was huge.

Congrats, BDB!  Heck of a year for the Gophs.
[  

MUC57

I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: MUC57 on January 02, 2020, 06:31:42 AM

Ski-U-Mah❓

It's a MN gopher thing...

This famous Minnesota phrase Ski-U-Mah (pronounced SKY-YOU-MAH) is more than 115 years old. In 1884, two Minnesota rugby players, John W. Adams and Win Sargent, tried to think of a fitting team yell. They used the word "Ski", a Sioux battle cry meaning victory, and combined it with "U-Mah" (representing the University of Minnesota and rhyming with "rah-rah-rah") to create a team cheer. The phrase stuck and was incorporated into both official school songs, "Hail Minnesota" and more commonly in the "Minnesota Rouser."

https://main.gopherhole.com/page/show/334856-ski-u-mah

emma17

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 01, 2020, 10:34:37 PM
Good golly, I just saw that Minn beat Auburn. The highlights were great. The Gopher offense was huge.

That was a fun offense to watch, what a game.
I've been on the fence (or gunwale) about hoping in the PJ boat, but he's got me rowing after last night.
It doesn't hurt that I heard Tyler Johnson runs more slant routes than any receiver in the country.
Congrats Gophers.

hazzben

Quote from: emma17 on January 02, 2020, 10:34:21 AM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 01, 2020, 10:34:37 PM

That was a fun offense to watch, what a game.
I've been on the fence (or gunwale) about hoping in the PJ boat, but he's got me rowing after last night.
It doesn't hurt that I heard Tyler Johnson runs more slant routes than any receiver in the country.
Congrats Gophers.

HA!!

faunch

Probably should kick them out for being so dominant in Women's Water Polo 🤽‍♀️

https://twitter.com/macathletics/status/1212841240418492416?s=21

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

art76

You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

art76

Huh, the Vikings win in OT and the board is quiet. Only the second game I watched this year - and I was certain they were going to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

sjusection105

Quote from: art76 on January 06, 2020, 07:17:42 AM
Huh, the Vikings win in OT and the board is quiet. Only the second game I watched this year - and I was certain they were going to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.
Everyone is in shock, waiting for the OT TD to be reviewed & nullified.......  :-\
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

hazzben

Gophers win a bowl against a very good SEC team. Vikes win in OT, on the road. What's next, are the Twins going to beat the Yankees in a playoff series, all because they opened up the pocket books?! I'm so confused and discombobulated right now.

retagent

I kept thinking that the Vikings would find a way to lose. The pitiful defense in the last 2 minutes that allowed the tying FG, convinced me even more. Wait until next week.

On a related note that no one but me is concerned with - My Capitals allowed an empty net goal with a minute left to fall behind the San Jose Sharks, 4-2. I switched off my feed at that time. It wasn't until today that I saw that they scored 2 in the final minute, and won in OT. I should buy a Lottery ticket

HSCTiger74

With all that's going on Down Under has anyone heard anything from Oz?
TANSTAAFL

57Johnnie

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on January 06, 2020, 07:26:32 PM
I heard from him a couple of days ago. Australia is very dry with lots of brush that hasn't been cut down. Lots of fires there especially the SE part. He and his family were OK at least so far.
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: 57Johnnie on January 06, 2020, 09:22:38 PM
Quote from: HSCTiger74 on January 06, 2020, 07:26:32 PM
I heard from him a couple of days ago. Australia is very dry with lots of brush that hasn't been cut down. Lots of fires there especially the SE part. He and his family were OK at least so far.

Thanks, 57, yes, all is ok with us. We're actually in State College, Pennsylvania at the moment dropping off #1 who is doing a month exchange at Penn State and then staying in NYC for the summer.  Mrs Oz and the other two Ozletts head up to Rapids to visit my folks for a while while I return to the grind stone.

The fires are pretty bad but I can't help but look at them with a wry smile (ignoring, for the moment those under threat). Western Australia hasn't had a major bushfire since 1961 when they had a big one. They've done controlled burning every year since and kept their very dry state blaze free. The eastern states don't follow the same danger management of the under brush and we've have one major blaze after another. I posted her seven or eight years ago when we had a major blaze near melbourne and over 200 people died in the fires. The govt screams "never again!" and vows to better manage the undergrowth and yet here we are again.

Anyways, onwards and upwards.
[