116th Monon Bell Classic

Started by Breckenridgebear, July 23, 2009, 01:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wabash Fiji

DePauw has already lost one.... not a good start

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Wabash Fiji on October 03, 2009, 11:27:29 PM
DePauw has already lost one.... not a good start

Prior losses didn't stop them from kicking your keester all over the field the last two years.

Wabash Fiji

haha... we'll see about this year, Mr. Boerger... I'd really like to attend the game, hopefully DePauw doesn't short us on tickets this year... I'm really tired of their cheating tactics

WAF!

D3_DPUFan

QuotePrior losses didn't stop them from kicking your keester all over the field the last two years.

Well said, Ron! :)

wally_wabash

Last year keesters were kicked.  End of game field goals (2007) don't constitute keester kicking.  Let's be fair, gentlemen.   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Ron Boerger

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 05, 2009, 10:17:06 AM
Last year keesters were kicked.  End of game field goals (2007) don't constitute keester kicking.  Let's be fair, gentlemen.   :)

Fair enough and +1.  Let's simply agree that regular season losses aren't necessarily a predictor of who will win the Bell.    ;)

Wabash Fiji

the 2007 games was pretty amazing... the 47 yard field goal with second left was nothing short of spectacular.... down the middle with extra. I'll give Havercamp props for that

D3_DPUFan

QuoteLast year keesters were kicked.  End of game field goals (2007) don't constitute keester kicking.  Let's be fair, gentlemen.   

Don't disagree...however, the 2007 game should not have come down to a last second field goal. DePauw said we are going to run Marks and the quick passing game...Wabash could do nothing to stop it, all day. DePauw controlled the clock and the line of scrimmage. Missed on a chippy FG and at least two trips to the red zone (once because of a great play by your outstanding LB). Maybe not a keester kicking...but a two loss DePauw team clearly beat an undefeated Wabash club, IMHO.

Fripp52

2007 was a "keester" kicking on the field.  It just did not show on the scoreboard.  2008 was both.

smedindy

Sadly, I have to say "scoreboard" in 2007. Especially in the bell game, results matter more than the execution.

DPU3619

Those kind of games happen all the time in this rivalry, though.  DePauw probably should have won the '07 game by more than the FG.  Marks was loose all day. 

DePauw lost in '03 37-20, but gave Wabash over 400 total yards with Morris and LaFitte going nuts all day. Yeah, Wiethoff left with the injury, but still.  DePauw didn't play very well on that day at all with a couple of crippling turnovers.  DePauw lost in '02 35-7, but could have conceivably lost that game by 50 or more the way they played. 

Wabash shouldn't have even needed the Hail Mary in '01.  500 total yards for the LG's and SIX! turnovers for DePauw.  The story is exactly reversed in 2000.  Six turnovers for the LG's, but DePauw needed 18 in the fourth to come back and win.

It's one of the neat things about this rivalry.  It doesn't always make sense.  The scoreboard and the stat sheet don't often agree on the outcome.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: smedindy on October 10, 2009, 02:01:00 PM
Sadly, I have to say "scoreboard" in 2007.

This might be the first time I've ever seen someone on the losing side of a game go there. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bashbrother

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 11, 2009, 01:15:49 AM
Quote from: smedindy on October 10, 2009, 02:01:00 PM
Sadly, I have to say "scoreboard" in 2007.

This might be the first time I've ever seen someone on the losing side of a game go there. :)

Textbook reverse psychology!
Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

D3_DPUFan

QuoteTextbook reverse psychology!

Ha! My sentiments exactly... ;)

Wabash Fiji

Quote from: Wes Anderson on October 10, 2009, 02:34:00 PM
Those kind of games happen all the time in this rivalry, though.  DePauw probably should have won the '07 game by more than the FG.  Marks was loose all day. 

DePauw lost in '03 37-20, but gave Wabash over 400 total yards with Morris and LaFitte going nuts all day. Yeah, Wiethoff left with the injury, but still.  DePauw didn't play very well on that day at all with a couple of crippling turnovers.  DePauw lost in '02 35-7, but could have conceivably lost that game by 50 or more the way they played. 

Wabash shouldn't have even needed the Hail Mary in '01.  500 total yards for the LG's and SIX! turnovers for DePauw.  The story is exactly reversed in 2000.  Six turnovers for the LG's, but DePauw needed 18 in the fourth to come back and win.

It's one of the neat things about this rivalry.  It doesn't always make sense.  The scoreboard and the stat sheet don't often agree on the outcome.

Wes Anderson is the man!