BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerwarhawk

I lived in Mauston as a kid and a trip to Woodside Ranch for horseback riding was always a highlight of the summer.  I've been following the development of the athletic complex and it sounds like it's going to be pretty sweet.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

ShineTime

Is lechnir uprooting his family to take this position?
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

badgerwarhawk

Sweet, it's going to be a really nice facility once they get it finished.  That can't hurt LaCrosse in their recruiting efforts.

Bishopleftiesdad

JP Feyereisen named 16th best prospect in the Northwoods league and Luke Watson, named 193.

http://www.northwoodsleague.com/pdf/2013-NWL-Top-200-Prospects.pdf

16. JP Feyereisen, rhp, Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (UW-Stevens Point)
Feyereisen returned to the Rafters for the second straight season. He had a stellar sophomore season, going 6-2
with a 1.96 ERA as the UW-Stevens Point #1 starter. A complete package, he's a lights out pitcher who worked great
for the Rafters out of relief. He went 3-1 with 11 saves in 22 appearances and 38 strikeouts in 31 innings pitched. He
throws 88-93 MPH with an above average slider that sits around 81-83.

193. Luke Watson, lhp, Green Bay Bullfrogs (UW-Stevens Point)

badgerwarhawk

UW-Whitewater will entertain a regional of the 2014 NCAA Division III Baseball Championship at Prucha Field.

voice

Congratulations to former UW-Stevens Point right-handed pitcher Jordan Zimmerman Who has signed a two-year deal with the Washington Nationals avoiding arbitration. Zimmerman will make $7.5 million in 2014 and $16.5 million in 2015.

badgerwarhawk

The D3baseball.com preseason Top 25 is out.  Stevens Point is ranked 4th having received 1 first place vote while the WARHAWKS are ranked 15th.  Oshkosh is also receiving votes.   Linfield is the top ranked team followed by Southern Maine and Kean.

For the complete poll....http://d3baseball.com/top25/2014/2014-week-0

ShineTime

Who did point bring in to replace Douglas Gerber and Schilter?  I think point will be pretty good but am rather surprised by the number 4 ranking based on what they lost offensively and defensively behind the plate with Schilter.  Also keep in mind they lost herbst and messenger transferred.  That being said their top 4 pitchers seidl Jp flood stroik and Frederick are all really solid.  Does anyone have insight as to what their lineup will be?  I'm guessing steldt 3b rose 2b Kranz 1b Gerber catcher Barnes Lf gregorich cf coady rf and Spetz Ss guckenberg will dh im guessing obviously point probably has some good freshman and recruits so I may be way off on this lineup.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

badgerwarhawk

D3baseball.com preseason All Americans include the WARHAWKS Jared Fon, the Titans Bobby Kachel and the Pointers JP Feyereisen.

For the complete list....http://d3baseball.com/awards/all-americans/d3baseball-preseason-allamericans-2014

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on January 20, 2014, 11:16:39 PM
Who did point bring in to replace Douglas Gerber and Schilter?  I think point will be pretty good but am rather surprised by the number 4 ranking based on what they lost offensively and defensively behind the plate with Schilter.  Also keep in mind they lost herbst and messenger transferred.  That being said their top 4 pitchers seidl Jp flood stroik and Frederick are all really solid.  Does anyone have insight as to what their lineup will be?  I'm guessing steldt 3b rose 2b Kranz 1b Gerber catcher Barnes Lf gregorich cf coady rf and Spetz Ss guckenberg will dh im guessing obviously point probably has some good freshman and recruits so I may be way off on this lineup.
You are forgetting Feyereisen who may be the best of the bunch!!!!
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

cubs

Interesting to see the following link as the headline on the UWO Baseball page right now....

http://www.uwoshkoshtitans.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/releases/20131216rwolrf

Interest really that low or were there other circumstances? 

ShineTime

I had just referred to him as Jp rather than trying to spell last name.  Anyways does anyone have any info on transfers to point or freshman with legit chance to make impact?  I had heard they had a transfer from matc that may start.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on January 21, 2014, 11:04:04 PM
I had just referred to him as Jp rather than trying to spell last name.  Anyways does anyone have any info on transfers to point or freshman with legit chance to make impact?  I had heard they had a transfer from matc that may start.
My bad....  I read "4 starting pitchers" and saw you listed Seidl, Flood, Stroik and Frederick.  If it would have said five starting pitchers I probably would have noticed you had listed JP.

My apologies...

ShineTime

Personally I hope flood stays as closer he was dominant at end of year for most part.  I'm really high on mccugh if his arm is feeling good he could be solid 4 or 5 starter.  Why did messenger leave point especially after World Series appearance?  I think it's a big loss for point seeing they have no lights out lefties now.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10