MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Dutch Fan

Scrolled back a few dozen pages to gather what I could of recruiting news.  Compiled list below.  If anyone has additions/subtractions/corrections, please let me know

Player     Height   Position   High School      College
Andrew Blanchard     6-3   G/F   Engadin (MI)      Alma
Marcus Haveman     5-11   G   GR Christian (MI)      Calvin
Clayton Dykhouse     6-0   G   Zeeland East (MI)      Hope
Luke Putnam     6-1   G   Aquinas Institute (NY)      Hope
Jess Hartmann     6-0   G   Bishop Moore (FL)      Hope
J.P. LaPrade     6-2   G   Bishop Moore (FL)      Hope
Evan Thomas     6-4   G/F   Okemos (MI)      Hope
Harris Hawkins     6-4   F   Henry Clay (KY)      Hope
Jack McGuire     6-7   F/C   Walled Lake Northern (MI)      Kalamazoo
Collin McCrackin     6-0   G   DeWitt (MI)      Trine
Brent Cox     6-6   F   East Noble (IN)      Trine
Jake Schuler     6-5   F   Rochester Adams (MI)      Trine
Terrel Bryant     6-1   G   Holland (OH)      Trine
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

DrDutchman

Clayton, Riley, Dietz, Preston, Gamm is my guess on the starting lineup for the first game...

There could still be a few additions to the team that will definitely change that

Dutchman17

Quote from: DrDutchman on April 15, 2019, 03:11:09 PM
Clayton, Riley, Dietz, Preston, Gamm is my guess on the starting lineup for the first game...

There could still be a few additions to the team that will definitely change that

Hate waiting for this news to finally drop... I do not think Clayton will start the first game.  For now, pending this news, I would guess the first game lineup is Lewis, Hackert, Dietz, Granger, and Gamm, depending on matchups and how confident the coaches are that this lineup can defend.

sac

I would be sort of surprised if any Freshmen started any game for Hope next season.  That wouldn't necessarily be a great sign.

I think Hope has a lot of guys returning with the 'potential' tag and that includes some of the incoming Freshmen.  Unfortunately (or fortunate) they have a returning roster of many equals and not much set in stone beyond Granger and Lewis.  This summer feels pretty big for some guys and a roster that feels pretty wide open.

Jameswys

FDF, thanks for compiling the list of recruits for us!
Olivet '05

northb

Quote from: Dutchman17 on April 15, 2019, 03:37:11 PM

Hate waiting for this news to finally drop... I do not think Clayton will start the first game.  For now, pending this news, I would guess the first game lineup is Lewis, Hackert, Dietz, Granger, and Gamm, depending on matchups and how confident the coaches are that this lineup can defend.
Sheesh
DIII 2021 Basketball National Tournament Pick-em Co-Champ

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.

--Mark Twain

SBell

Haven't seen it on social media yet, but an interesting commitment should be known soon ... one of the two MIAA schools without a coach will get one of the most widely recruited MIAA/WHAC recruits in Michigan, breaking the heart of another MIAA school.

pointlem

Quote from: SBell on April 15, 2019, 07:08:53 PM
Haven't seen it on social media yet, but an interesting commitment should be known soon ... one of the two MIAA schools without a coach will get one of the most widely recruited MIAA/WHAC recruits in Michigan, breaking the heart of another MIAA school.
Translation (pure guess--I know nothing): a Christian school player (Hudsonville Unity?) will go with his classmates to Calvin, breaking hearts at Hope. (I'm doubting Alma has that kind of school loyalty.)

almcguirejr

Quote from: pointlem on April 15, 2019, 07:17:29 PM
Translation (pure guess--I know nothing): a Christian school player (Hudsonville Unity?) will go with his classmates to Calvin, breaking hearts at Hope. (I'm doubting Alma has that kind of school loyalty.)

I don't think that is who SBell is referring too.

sac

Steve Morrissey  6-3(?)  G/F Northville will attend Albion

sac

Pure guess on my part
https://bankhoops.com/college-coaches-like-ike-plainwell-senior-guard-trending/

I've got 3 others if I miss the mark here. ;)

HoopsCoach

Quote from: DrDutchman on April 15, 2019, 08:49:39 PM
https://twitter.com/allegantigers/status/1117869061638168576?s=21

Never heard of him. Not a name I've heard that's been at Hope for a visit.

And when will people get it you don't sign a letter of intent for a D3. Ceremonial paper, sure, but it's not an LOI nor are you really committing since unless you were highly recruited there is prob an equal shot at JV vs Varsity as a Frosh unless there was a ton of roster churn.

HOPEful

Quote from: Dutchman17 on April 15, 2019, 03:37:11 PM

Ooooo, new fantasy league? Predict Hope's first game roster? I'll play!

To keep things different, I'll go Lewis, Dietz, Thomas, Granger, Gamm.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

HoopsCoach

I'll play - I'm going D. I know, atypical for Hope but we can dream, right?

Beckman
Lewis
Honer
Granger
Gamm

Bench will roll deep this year with Dietz, Davis, George, Thomas, Dykhouse, Hackert, Zandstra, Vree all getting appreciable minutes, and a "hot" guard approach to manage the 6-7 who are bottlenecked there.