FB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D306

DB

I agree tough game for Hope at Home.
Wheaton was very good on line play. The DE Studebaker (spelling) ws in the Albion backfield way to often. Wheaton DB's that jump the route so a hitch and go would be a great call after a couple of passes.

Hope has 1 advantage that Albion did not have/ Wheaton and the Crowd and for what it worth was "FIRED UP" for the firstr game under the lights.
I still feel Wheaton was the better team but the emotion and the bad start for Albion really set them back and by the time Albion recovered the game was well in Wheatons hands.

I feel playing a tough out of conference schedule is always a help as long as you come out healthy and have a win and are competitive.

Hope VS Albion will be a big game to set the tone for each schools season.

formerd3db

D306:
Agree with you.  Also, thanks for the inside(insight) info re: Wheaton. ;D
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

79jaybird

Wheaton is a very strong opponent for Hope (and for all the other CCIW members), however they are not "untouchable"  and haven't played as well on the road.
I think the Albion/Wheaton game would have been a different story if the Britons could have controlled Andy Studebaker and that D-Line.
One advantage Hope will have is a traveling Thunder Team.  Albion looked a little "out of sorts" to start the game, perhaps due to the traveling.  The same thing may/could happen to the Thunder this week.  I think this is the second straight good MIAA/CCIW matchup this weekend.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

79jaybird

Ah, that should read in 2 weeks when Wheaton faces Hope.  ;D
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

WLCALUM83

End of 1st Quarter:  Manchester 0, Olivet 0.

WLCALUM83

5:00 left in 2nd Quarter:  Olivet 14, Manchester 0.

WLCALUM83

scotty

Thursday night football...it's the Big Time...
Boo Creepy Foot Doctor, Hooray Beer.

WLCALUM83

6 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter:  Olivet 17, Manchester 14.

WLCALUM83

End of 3rd Quarter:  Olivet 23, Manchester 14.

Mr. Ypsi

Not that it really matters, but out of curiosity: does Olivet going from 17 to 23 reflect 2 FGs or a TD and missed extra point?

WLCALUM83

TD and missed extra point. BTW, the Comets increased that lead to 33 to 14 late in the fourth, so barring an astronomical catastrophe, Olivet opens up with a win at home.

70_dc_alum

does Olivet even have a kicker?  my Jr year they went the hole year with out kicking an extra Pt.  funny thing is most of thier fakes was out of the PAT formation or the muddle huddle

Mr. Ypsi

To get to 17, I would certainly assume they had 2 TDs, with extra points, and a FG.  And to go from 23 to 33, I would assume a TD, EP, and FG. 

formerd3db

This may be a dumb question (and I should know the answer to it, yet I do not), however, here goes anyway:
Why was Olivet's game vs. Manchester tonight i.e. on a Thursday instead of as per usual this Sat?  Was there some special reason or did they just want to do it like the MAC and/or some other conferences do, such as the ESPN Thursday night games?  Just curious.  BTW, Olivet apparently won just as many of us thought.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice