FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: emma17 on April 17, 2019, 10:34:58 AM
That's an outstanding non-conf schedule for UWO, it will be fun to watch.
I imagine it's no coincidence that UWO had a poor 2018, and for the first time in 10 years they can now fill all 3 slots with a D3 team.

Some really positive news on UWW's Nate Trewyn:
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/16/packers-interested-in-wisconsin-whitewater-c-nate-trewyn/

If there are anymore teams available, I know Salisbury is still looking for a D3 opponent. It has been a tough task as some teams that have played or are within 2 hour rides have turned away...

emma17

UWO Titan 78

Quote from: emma17 on April 22, 2019, 10:33:09 PM
UWW 2019 football schedule is out- looks like an excellent non-conference slate.
https://uwwsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&schedule=531

That is a quality schedule. I can't wait for football season.

gbpuckfan

And then there's this...

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (Blugolds.com) – The New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) announced on today that the State University of New York at Oneonta, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, UW-La Crosse and UW-Whitewater will join the conference as affiliate members in the sport of men's tennis beginning in the 2019-20 academic year. With the additions, the NJAC will feature eight men's tennis sponsoring institutions in 2019-20, including four full-member programs in Ramapo College, Rutgers University-Camden, Rutgers University-Newark, and The College of New Jersey in addition to the four new affiliate member programs.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: gbpuckfan on April 24, 2019, 01:58:38 PM
And then there's this...

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (Blugolds.com) – The New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) announced on today that the State University of New York at Oneonta, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, UW-La Crosse and UW-Whitewater will join the conference as affiliate members in the sport of men's tennis beginning in the 2019-20 academic year. With the additions, the NJAC will feature eight men's tennis sponsoring institutions in 2019-20, including four full-member programs in Ramapo College, Rutgers University-Camden, Rutgers University-Newark, and The College of New Jersey in addition to the four new affiliate member programs.

Wow...I guess since there is a NJAC-MAC Challenge, we should do a NJAC-WIAC challenge year-end and year-out for football. It appears that the NJAC conference knows how to keep teams a get teams without using distance as a crutch...I would have loved to be in the meeting when this was all proposed.

jknezek

Quote from: MANDGSU on April 24, 2019, 03:07:45 PM
Quote from: gbpuckfan on April 24, 2019, 01:58:38 PM
And then there's this...

Wow...I guess since there is a NJAC-MAC Challenge, we should do a NJAC-WIAC challenge year-end and year-out for football. It appears that the NJAC conference knows how to keep teams a get teams without using distance as a crutch...I would have loved to be in the meeting when this was all proposed.

The better question is how it will be handled. I'm guessing SUNY Oneonta and UWEC will primarily compete in the season ending tournament. That will limit the travel. Otherwise, with 6 NJ based members, I suppose you could do 2 weekends of 3 matches per weekend. This kind of arrangement can work for tennis. Hard pressed to do it for some other sports.

Caz Bombers

I wonder why they only invited Oneonta and not the other SUNYAC men's tennis orphan, Oswego. Shoot, Oswego is technically closer to Wisconsin than Oneonta is ;D

Grimly, I wonder if the NJAC actually did talk to Oswego...maybe they're going to drop the program.

bleedpurple

Congratulations to UW-W center Nate Trewyn, who signed a FA contract with Tampa Bay.  Make the most of your opportunity Nate!

MUC57

Quote from: bleedpurple on April 27, 2019, 08:30:29 PM
Congratulations to UW-W center Nate Trewyn, who signed a FA contract with Tampa Bay.  Make the most of your opportunity Nate!

Really great to see Dlll guys hit the big time. Hey, good athletes at this level, as well as Dl and Dll.
Best to ya Nate. Go get 'em!  🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

retagent

As I pointed out to a UWW grad. Tampa already has Ali Marpet, so maybe the inherent bias against D III players will not be as strong there. Good luck.

jknezek

Quick shout out to UW-SP Men's Rugby team. They finished third in the NSCRO Challenge Cup National Finals over the weekend.

Azusa Pacific easily beat them in the first round, but UW-SP came back to beat Minnesota State - Moorhead in the consolation game.

My W&L Screaming Minks dominated MSU - Moorhead in the semifinal before losing 30-21 to Azusa Pacific in the final. 

For those that don't know, NSCRO is the National Small College Rugby Organization. They run 2 divisions for Men's 15s, Challenge and Championship. The Challenge division is I believe the 2nd division.

www.nscro.org

jknezek

Quote from: Just the stats on May 06, 2019, 10:29:08 AM
d3rugby.com coming soon?  ;D

Somehow I doubt it. NSCRO is club rugby. The NCAA doesn't sponsor collegiate rugby. It all falls under USA Rugby and various sub organizations affiliated with USA Rugby like NSCRO. The whole thing is pretty confusing, but UWW won a second tier Rugby 7s championship recently. Maybe a few years ago? And other DIII schools like Claremont, Occidental, Coast Guard, Middlebury and Salsibury have all won various titles at various levels by different organizations.

WW

Hey WIACers, if yall's ears are ringing, it's because we're being talked about plenty on the MIAC board. Seems they want to toss St. Thomas for being too good, and many have suggested the WIAC as a likely new home for the Tommies. Further burgeoning the case is WIAC Commissioner Gary Karner saying that WIAC is open to discussion with schools outside the UW system for full and affiliate membership (the latter of which occurs in several sports).

Me, I can't see it. WIAC is a brand extension of the UW system. But I'm old, and still don't get how the Big 10 can have 14 members, one of which is Rutgers (!).