FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10Freeway

That guarantees either the SCIAC and NWC get 1 team each in the playoff and they play each other, or they each get 2 in the playoff and they play each other.  No way NCAA springs for multiple flights east for West Coast teams.
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Inkblot

Quote from: 10Freeway on October 12, 2019, 11:56:33 AM
That guarantees either the SCIAC and NWC get 1 team each in the playoff and they play each other, or they each get 2 in the playoff and they play each other.  No way NCAA springs for multiple flights east for West Coast teams.

The NCAA doesn't select Pool C teams based on what's convenient for the bracket.
Moderator of /r/CFB. https://inkblotsports.com. Twitter: @InkblotSports.

Jack Parkman

I think the NWC is a 1-bid league due to Whitworth and Linfield both dropping games to the SCIAC.  No chance the NCAA takes a 2-loss NWC team.  Figure the SCIAC champ pairs up with the NWC champ and the 2nd place SCIAC team (if they get a 2nd team in) heads to TX.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: Jack Parkman on October 12, 2019, 02:37:01 PM

I think the NWC is a 1-bid league due to Whitworth and Linfield both dropping games to the SCIAC.  No chance the NCAA takes a 2-loss NWC team.  Figure the SCIAC champ pairs up with the NWC champ and the 2nd place SCIAC team (if they get a 2nd team in) heads to TX.
yep---that sounds more or less correct.  And the SCIAC still has plenty of time for one the two front runners to get upset by one of the lower rung teams....seems like it happens almost every year...
Go Cats!

(509)Rat

Yeah neither Linfield nor Whitworth will have a pool C worthy resume, and that's assuming that the loser of that game doesn't drop another one in conference.

D O.C.

Uh... it's the last game of the conference, isn't it?

MonroviaCat

Quote from: D O.C. on October 12, 2019, 08:26:27 PM
they could still drop another game before it...   ???  I mean... as far as most of the worlds knows, Whitworth lost to Lewis and Clark today so.... 
Go Cats!

CalCat

Quote from: D O.C. on October 12, 2019, 08:26:27 PM

Cat's last conference game George Fox...Pirates have Pacific
CalCat

D O.C.

OCguy

14-0. Chapman looks like they're in the drivers seat. That defense is nasty.

RFB

Congratulations to Chapman on the win. They are an excellent team and should win out I would expect. Redlands got into too big of a hole with a listless first half. It was really shocking to watch as they were grossly unprepared for such a big game.

Credit to the coaches in making the necessary adjustments at the half and the players response. They played like the 4-0 team we expected in the second half. They just ran out of time and made too many mistakes. They still have a lot to play for and can end the season 9-1 which would be a great accomplishment.

(509)Rat

Chapman wins. Wish I could have caught the game. Hopefully it's archived and I can watch it some time in the next few days.

In other news...The local chapter of the Linfield Wildcat Football Fan Club, just opened on campus at the University of Redlands.

D O.C.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D O.C.

Great huh, SCIAC?

Don't look now but somebody has now beaten 2 pre-season conference favorites.