FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

I immediately regret breaking that post up and creating difficult formatting obstacles.  I'm really sorry for inviting that catastrophe. 

Quote from: merlecanlas on February 23, 2018, 02:49:45 PM
maybe those teams should try to schedule years in advance, or stop being lauded for their tough schedule

We don't know that they aren't trying to get out ahead of their schedule.  It comes off that way because they seem to be scrambling to find opponents every year, but I don't have hard evidence that they deliberately put this off.  They probably don't.  It's just THAT hard for Oshkosh to get people to say yes.  I know you refuse to believe that, but that's the deal. 

As for the second part, the WIACs could play exclusively their league schedule and nobody else at all and have played one of the most rugged schedules in D3.  Stop asserting that adding a game like Finlandia or VA-Lynchburg invalidates the rest of the schedule.  It doesn't.  The NCAA's SOS metric is wrong for not factoring that in somehow, but let's not pretend that Oshkosh or any of the WIACs don't go through difficult regular seasons.   
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

bluestreak66

Quote from: wally_wabash on February 23, 2018, 04:02:18 PM
I immediately regret breaking that post up and creating difficult formatting obstacles.  I'm really sorry for inviting that catastrophe. 

maybe those teams should try to schedule years in advance, or stop being lauded for their tough schedule

We don't know that they aren't trying to get out ahead of their schedule.  It comes off that way because they seem to be scrambling to find opponents every year, but I don't have hard evidence that they deliberately put this off.  They probably don't.  It's just THAT hard for Oshkosh to get people to say yes.  I know you refuse to believe that, but that's the deal. 

As for the second part, the WIACs could play exclusively their league schedule and nobody else at all and have played one of the most rugged schedules in D3.  Stop asserting that adding a game like Finlandia or VA-Lynchburg invalidates the rest of the schedule.  It doesn't.  The NCAA's SOS metric is wrong for not factoring that in somehow, but let's not pretend that Oshkosh or any of the WIACs don't go through difficult regular seasons.   

Wally, here is the official instructional manual for partaking in conversation with Merle.....

A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

HScoach

^  Now that is funny.

And accurate.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Craft_Beermeister

Kyle Moore QB from Marlboro High School, NJ who signed with UMU 5 days ago recently revived a tweet shout from QB trainer Tony Racioppi (TEST Football Academy) who posted I've had the opportunity to train, coach, mentor and develop QBs from young to the NFL and this guy is one of my all time favorites! Congrats Kyle Moore on his commitment to Mount Union! So proud, happy and excited for you. Earned it everyday! @Kylem1424 @TEST_Football

This looks like a good pickup for UMU.  Kyle besides being a good young QB is a smart kid with a 1170 SAT. 

Hopefully learning behind Poorman and Fulford will be very beneficial to Kyle's growth.

MUC57

Word on the street is that Poorman is gone after this year.  🏈☠
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on February 24, 2018, 09:48:22 AM
Kyle Moore QB from Marlboro High School, NJ who signed with UMU 5 days ago recently revived a tweet shout from QB trainer Tony Racioppi (TEST Football Academy) who posted I've had the opportunity to train, coach, mentor and develop QBs from young to the NFL and this guy is one of my all time favorites! Congrats Kyle Moore on his commitment to Mount Union! So proud, happy and excited for you. Earned it everyday! @Kylem1424 @TEST_Football

This looks like a good pickup for UMU.  Kyle besides being a good young QB is a smart kid with a 1170 SAT. 

Hopefully learning behind Poorman and Fulford will be very beneficial to Kyle's growth.

Tony Racioppi played for Rowan!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Tom Manning leaving Iowa State for TE Coaching Job with Indianapolis Colts.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Dr. Acula

Quote from: MUC57 on February 24, 2018, 10:52:22 AM

Tough decision.  On one hand I'm certain the kid wants to start.  He's competitive.  On the other hand, he also knows he's in a position to win another ring (or two) and he's one hit, one twisted ankle, one anything away from being the starting QB for the most potent offense in D3.  To his credit he was clearly ready to go when his number was called against Frostburg.  That's a testament to his maturity that he took his reps and preparation that seriously as the back up.  That (along with his GPA) tells me he has a good head on his shoulders so whatever he decides it'll very likely be well thought out.  I, of course, hope he stays, but I'm biased.  He's a great student, a heck of a QB and seems like a really good kid too.  You can never have enough kids like that.

jknezek

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 24, 2018, 11:03:55 AM

I remember Racioppi. He grew up in my hometown and played Freshman and Sophomore year for my h.s. Transferred to Red Bank Catholic for his junior and senior seasons if I remember my ancient history, though I think that was the year I graduated. Played with a running back, McCoo, that went to Penn State. That RBC team was good.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 24, 2018, 11:03:55 AM

Racioppi had an impressive career at Rowan after transferring from a D1 school. Tony ran K. C. Keller's high powered offense and put up a lot of passing yards using no huddle scheme.  Tony's Twitter page indicates he is still listed in the top 25 as a QB of all time for all divisions in college.  In 2001 Tony came in second to Chuck Moore for the Gagliardi Trophy award.

SaintsFAN

There's 30 more teams of the Top 31 D3 Football teams he could start for.  I'd be very surprised if he's not just waiting out the legal issues in Florida before he bails.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

merlecanlas

Quote from: wally_wabash on February 23, 2018, 04:02:18 PM

They absolutely play a tough conference schedule.  The WIAC is one hell of a conference.  You are also 100% right that the SOS metric is wrong for not including "schools" like VA-Lynchburg.  The bottom part of the OAC would smoke some of the non-D3 OOC teams that the top of D3 has been playing lately.

Mount gets punished (SOS) for playing their conference opponents that suck, but other D3 "powers" get a pass for playing basically a YMCA football team.  That's my gripe.

If Luke Poorman is leaving, I hope he goes to a D2 school like Dom.  Poorman can play, and I don't want Mount to have to face him in the playoffs

raiderguy

Quote from: SaintsFAN on February 26, 2018, 11:52:13 AM

There's 30 more teams of the Top 31 D3 Football teams he could start for.  I'd be very surprised if he's not just waiting out the legal issues in Florida before he bails.

What issues does Poorman have in Florida?
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: raiderguy on February 26, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

Waiting out Fulford's issues in Florida, I'm sure.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

SaintsFAN

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 26, 2018, 10:22:45 PM
Quote from: raiderguy on February 26, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

Waiting out Fulford's issues in Florida, I'm sure.

This ^^^
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2