WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baddog

Thanks, but as far as I can tell it only has returners listed.
Example -- I met the parents of a freshman woman bball player (from Highland -- a suburb of Roscoe) in the store where I workand her name is not listed either.
Not really a bad dog. Just misunderstood!

fanstand

I have also heard that West went to HSU, but we'll see, no one is ever guaranteed spots till after preseason gets going good. I hear Coach Briggs works em pretty hard. Sonya has sat out a year, you have to REALLY want to play, I think, to get back in shape.  I bet rosters won't be out for another month. Right now conditioning and seeing the new players in action is happening. Anything can happen. 

jmnaseum

I wonder how the UMHB, Schreiner, UT Dallas,  Le Tourneau teams are looking with the new coaches?  (thats alot of new faces -- retention is as hard for the coaches as it is for the players!

fanstand

I heard Wurzbach not coming back to UMHB only one of the really tall posts is back, and thank goodness Lisa Martinez is a senior.  Think the new coach really has her work cut out for her. I think she will have a hard time controlling Martinez.   She loves to "whine" and dine officials. Surely Schreiner will have some wins, I predicted they would last year, and I bet they have more than one this year. The coach will be the difference there. Haven't heard anything about Concordia or TLU recruits. Saving my predictions until it gets closer to season starting, will watch some scrimmages and first couple games maybe before saying whom I think will be the best in the west.

Rob Don

Had to get on here and test out the new "setup".  Pretty Nice I think.

:) :) Lets Go Jackets!!! :D :D

dsc

FYI...
Just in case any one has not confirmed the rumor.

West is listed on the HSU 2005-6 roster!
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

dballa

Noticed that earlier, should be interesting to see how she does after sitting out a year.  I know she won't enjoy visiting Brownwood, no HSU players ever do :)

baddog

Heck, nobody in the world likes going to Brownwood! ;D

mcmfan

Hey, Brownwood does have Underwood's!
Alacumba!

inthepaint

:-\ And Underwoods would be a reason for or against going to Brownwood?

baddog

:o Underwoods?  I have heard many of the people who work there  say, as the old HPU chant goes, (just before they lose to HSU), "Over-rated."
That place would trail Joe Allen's, Harlow's, Turnerhills, Betty Rose's, and Harold's! Not even closely.

dballa

I haven't heard a lot of over rated chants going on at HPU before they LOSE to HSU...I've heard a lot of them go on while they are blowing HSU out in Brownwood...but being from Brownwood...Underwoods is really good food..but there are other restaurants worth eating at too...and everybody has their tastes...some of the ones you named...probably wouldn't be on the map with other restaurants either.

Rob Don

Awe!  The "over-rated" chant.  How I love it!

Ralph Turner

Midnight Madness at McMurry

Nine days, fifteen hours and 51 minutes and counting! 8)

inthepaint

Ralph!  I was wondering what happened to you.  Good to see your first post of the new ASC season! :D