East Region Rankings

Started by bamm, December 12, 2005, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

FYI - those are based on his RPI projections... something he does... not based on SOS or criteria from the NCAA committee.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

magicman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 10, 2014, 11:53:25 PM
FYI - those are based on his RPI projections... something he does... not based on SOS or criteria from the NCAA committee.
Dave,
I know those figures are KnightSlappy's and not the NCAA's but he's always had a good track record over the years. If he has the SUNYAC teams rated that highly, that's a good sign and I'll take it. 8-)   

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I don't disagree... I just want to make sure you realize his rankings are based on data, not necessarily the primary criteria.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

dcahill44

Final week 1 Regional Ranking prediction is
1. Brockport
2. Geneseo
3. Plattsburgh
4. NYU
5. Hobart
6. Stevens.
Nazareth and Vassar in the mix.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

How in the world do you have Plattsburgh below Geneseo?

Plattsburgh: 16-4
Geneseo: 16-3

The two have split their head-to-head.

Plattsburgh has a win over Brockport... Geneseo does not.

Plattsburgh has a strong SOS than Geneseo.

AUPepBand

Quote from: dcahill44 on February 11, 2014, 03:38:54 PM
Final week 1 Regional Ranking prediction is
1. Brockport
2. Geneseo
3. Plattsburgh
4. NYU
5. Hobart
6. Stevens.
Nazareth and Vassar in the mix.

Were Alfred (16-5, 7-3) to beat Nazareth (15-6, 7-3) a second time, would you consider Alfred to be "in the mix." After all, Naz lost twice to Stevens, while AU split with the Ducks. Makes no difference, really, to Pep, but just was wondering your thoughts on Alfred. Pep realizes the Saxons are an "upstart" in the discussion this year and really carry no clout, but Pep remains hopeful, especially after last weekend, that the Saxons will make the E8 Conference Tourney.  ;)

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

No because Alfred's winning percentage and SOS are pretty weak compared to the rest.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Regional rankings are out... more information here: http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2014/02/12/2014-ncaa-regional-rankings-week-1/

Our friend was pretty accurate... if not dead right. I wonder why he never responded to our questions? ;)

dcahill44

Funny you say that Dave! Computer was not working last night or else I would have