NESCAC

Started by LaPaz, September 11, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

Quote from: jumpshot on October 05, 2015, 01:54:07 PM
Having watched many amherst soccer games in person in recent years, the coach's conduct is deplorable ---and everyone knows it including the college's administration.

This is understood and having watched Nescac for YEARS I agree but let's just forget about and focus on the games...IMO Amherst has a Top 3 Frontline in the nation and a solid backline AND A REAL good chance of getting to the NCAA Final 4

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Quote from: jumpshot on October 05, 2015, 01:54:07 PM
Having watched many amherst soccer games in person in recent years, the coach's conduct is deplorable ---and everyone knows it including the college's administration.

In what ways? I am not familiar with that region or coach but I feel like this could go for many coaches? But in all reality is it the coaches fault that the refs have no clue what is going on half the time??? (Assuming one of the ways he is being deplorable is by shouting at the officiating crew).

Mr.Right

I am begging everyone to just FORGET IT. Mid-Atlantic it is much much more than that but let's just leave it at that.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Quote from: Mr.Right on October 05, 2015, 02:12:17 PM
I am begging everyone to just FORGET IT. Mid-Atlantic it is much much more than that but let's just leave it at that.

Sounds good  ;D

PaulNewman

Mr.Right, re: your comment about SLU coach not starting starters.  From box score looks like Shapiro started an entirely different midfield against Hamilton.

Mr.Right

Quote from: NCAC New England on October 05, 2015, 05:50:36 PM
Mr.Right, re: your comment about SLU coach not starting starters.  From box score looks like Shapiro started an entirely different midfield against Hamilton.

This is entirely different. On a back to back usually coaches will give some different players a chance. 1. To give his starters a much needed rest and 2. To try to get a 1-0 lead with a mix of starters and subs.

However, I doubt you would have seen him do this if Hamilton was on Saturday and Amherst on Sunday. So your point is somewhat valid. SLU was not on a back to back when they played POTSDAM

D3soccerwatcher

Tufts completely drops off the national poll today and barely sneaks into the New England poll at 10th.  It's still too early to tell, but might Tufts Cinderella story already be over, and might they be relegated to "one hit wonder" status?  Time will tell.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

I think they are top 25 quality and I am big for thinking defending champs should get an automatic bid to defend their title so I have them at 23 in my poll  ;D

Mr.Right

Quote from: D3soccerwatcher on October 06, 2015, 01:19:20 PM
Tufts completely drops off the national poll today and barely sneaks into the New England poll at 10th.  It's still too early to tell, but might Tufts Cinderella story already be over, and might they be relegated to "one hit wonder" status?  Time will tell.

Sour Grapes from a Messiah fan that is still in denial that his once proud dynasty is in total disarray.

ECSUalum

Uh oh, I can see some negative k's being flung back and forth and from far and near  Duck your heads ;D

Mid-Atlantic Fan

I try and keep it fair and nice on here for the most part...I just want some +K... ;D

ECSUalum

Quote from: Mid-Atlantic Fan on October 06, 2015, 02:28:33 PM
I try and keep it fair and nice on here for the most part...I just want some +K... ;D
+k  ;D

Mr.Right

Wesleyan 2-1 over Salve Regina at halftime..Wheeler seems to be resting some players as he knows this weekend's back to back with Colby and Midd are monster games.

Mr.Right

Wheaton v Trinity 1-1 at halftime...You would think Savonen gets a goal in the 2nd half

Brother Flounder

Quote from: D3soccerwatcher on October 06, 2015, 01:19:20 PM

Many one hit wonders if you look at Champions.  You can never take it away from those boys who participated.  Oh, do you recall the Giant Slayer goal by Kayne against Messiah last November???? That was nice, wasn't it?