FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT

The 2005 DIII preview looks good.  Everyone should check it out.

Knightstalker

I like Mark Simon' prediction that RU Camden will be the next team to add football.  I am trying to figure out if he is serious or not.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

JT

He does write for the Trenton Times, maybe he knows something.  :)

gordonmann

I don't know.  I picked Oglethorpe because I want to say Stormy Petrol more often.   :D

dpadavona

Rowan really looks tough this season, JT.  Maybe we can catch you this year after the long road trip up to upstate NY, but other than that I'd expect Ithaca and Rowan to be the class of the East in 2005.

Word from the Cortland Red-White scrimmage is the defense completely shut down the offense. I'm headed to camp tomorrow to finish up my season preview, which should be online tomorrow night.

dpadavona

Nice job everyone with the season preview.  I am digesting it in small chunks, and it will be great to refer to as the season goes on.  Do you guys really think Willy Pat is still below Kean?  It seemed to me like they did more to improve in the offseason.

JT

We even differ from the coaches' poll.  So who knows.  But I think Willy P has to prove itself out of schedule first.  Kean has the tougher out of schedule.

Pat Coleman

I think Kean has a year up in its rebuilding on William Paterson and Paterson needs a little stability first.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bman

One small thing I noticed is that Widener will finally play a home and home with RU after their set with Salisbury....

Makes me wish it were 2007 already....   :)

JT

Both WPU and Kean need to beat the out-of-conference clubs that they are supposed to beat.

For Kean - Kings Point, Seton Hill.  Then Kean needs to surprise a La Salle, Wesley, West Conn, and/or TCNJ, in order to approach .500.  If they can beat Montclair again and WPU, that should make 4-6.  .500 would be gravy.

William Paterson has the easier out-of-conference schedule they should beat - Plymouth St., Mount Ida, and Husson.  If they can beat Wilkes and or beat an NJAC opponent, they could hit 4-6, but 3-7 season while staying in more games would be a big plus.

Knightstalker

I think that Kean and WPU will both be more competitive this year.  While I think that both will probably be around 3 or 4 wins if they beat whom they are supposed to as JT said.  I also think that possibly an NJAC opponent will overlook one or both teams, which could lead to an upset.  I am not familiar with Coach Meillo's high school teams but I have seen the Hoboken Red Wings play several times and Coach Stinson always had his teams well prepared and they played disciplined mistake free football, they did not beat themselves, possibly outplayed but fundamentally sound.  I am thinking of making the trip to Wayne for the Rowan v WPU game in November, which should be a test of how much progress the Pioneers have made.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

CJSJAGS

I am new to the D3 experience .... My son wil be playing for Albright..... They scrimmage the college of New Jersey this Friday what should I expect to see?

dpadavona

The Cortland Red Dragons season preview is up at my website. 

the source

you will see a nice mullet from coach hamilton of tcnj

JT

Source  :D

Albright Dad, You'll a lot of testing players and situations.  They graduated 22 seniors last year.