FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacketlawyer

Quote from: marc on November 09, 2007, 02:53:20 PM
Its almost time.

Beat Macon

4.5 hours until it begins.  Getting in the car and heading to Ashland.

Good luck to all the ODAC teams today as the wind down probably what has been one of the more interesting seasons in recent history. :)

GO JACKETS!
" and do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends." -The Taming of the Shrew

TheEHC52

Did Hell freeze over?  Emory finishes last in the ODAC, but beats the champs?  BC is a mid-level team?  The team picked dead last finishes second?

algernon

The team that was picked to finish last had a great year.  No doubt about it.  Randolph-Macon finished 8-2 ... with victories over 5 of the 6 teams in the ODAC.  Fabulous year for the Yellow Jackets.

Tigers and Tiger alumni who played for Coach Favret over the past 8 seasons are thrilled today.  Conrad Singh, J.D. Ricca, and many other recent players were present in Ashland for the awarding of the trophy.  The team was so close in 2003 (and so deserving of a Pool C bid ....), but the championship didn't happen until today. 

31-13 !!!!!!!!  ODAC Title !!!!!!!  8 wins over the last 9 games and a chance to go to Delaware or Pennsylvania and maybe pull a surprise or two.

GO TIGERS!!!!!  Current ODAC Champions in Football AND Basketball!

CBE

Quote from: TheEHC52 on November 10, 2007, 03:43:53 PM
Did Hell freeze over?  Emory finishes last in the ODAC, but beats the champs?  BC is a mid-level team?  The team picked dead last finishes second?
Pinch me 52....I must be dreaming.

Trenches

Just got in from the 21-17 Guilford win.

Few notes.... crazy game. 
- 14-7 E&H at the half... GC D played well all game and only lets up 3 in the second half
- E&H played great on D for the most part. Nice coverage and pass rush.
- Officiating was all over the place. Alot of bad calls... 2-3 obvious missed pass interference calls, fumble at the goal line (looked like he crossed before the fumble from where I was sitting but could be wrong)?
- Bizarre play of the day...I know a few people noticed this but I don't know if everyone did... but E&H had 4 second half timeouts. After using one mid third quarter, they used one with 3 seconds left in the third to stop the clock as GC ran back out on the field to try to run a play as E&H was walking off... E&H ran out, tried to line up, and 4+ players jumped calling/signaling time out to stop the clock. They were given the time out, but it was never charged to them... then everyone comes out, the clock starts up (before the snap) and the game clock runs out before the snap ever occurs!!
   End third quarter... timeout given but not charged and then play starts without a snap and everyone is at a loss. After that E&H calls two more timeouts (The final one with less then a minute left that almost turned out to be a huge "phantom timeout" situation).
- Fight broke out on second to last play of the game. Added some fire works to the game.

School                   Votes
1. Bridgewater         45 (5)
2. Washington & Lee 42 (2)
3. Guilford                33
4. Emory & Henry      28
5. Hampden-Sydney  26
6. Catholic               13
7. Randolph-Macon    9

Final ODAC Standings
1. HSC 7-2 (5-1) - Preseason 5 - By W over RMC
2. RMC 7-2 (5-1) - Preseason 7
3. W&L 6-3 (4-2) - Preseason 2 (2 top votes) - what up with 9 game schedule??
4. BC 7-3 (3-3) - Preseason 1 (5 top votes)
5. GC 6-4 (2-4) - Preseason 3
6. CU 5-5 (1-5)- Preseason 6... but not expected to be 5-5 - by W over E&H
7. E&H 4-6 (1-5) - Preseason 4

Congrats to everyone in the ODAC... Good luck to the Tigers in the playoffs!!

hasanova

Good report by Trenches, but a little extra to add on E&H at GC game.  I hope The Game got the best officiating crew today, because our crew was suspect.

Nice effort by both teams today.  It was literally, and figuratively, a fight to the finish.  Guilford, in my opinion, should have scored 35 or more today, but I'm glad the Quakers won.  I certainly feel for E&H, who are, to me, much better than a 4-6 team.  If I heard correctly, the Wasps lost their last 5 by a total of 23 points.  Wow.

I still marvel at the botched call on the Quaker "TD".  Our runner appeared to break the plane, but the referees said an E&H defender took the ball out of his hands and then ran it back about 60 yards.  Instead of 14-14, it was 17-7 Emory after their FG!  I wasn't at the goalline, but it sure didn't look right to me.  It's a TD the instant the ball breaks the plane!

Anyway, I'm glad the Quakers won and finished 6-4.  A clutch end to the game to stop E&H on downs at the 4 and then drive 96 yards for the winning TD.  I can certainly sense the frustration by the E&H players, coaches and fans, but your program is headed back up despite this year's record.  We were in the same spot just a few years ago.

I got a few texts today from jacketlawyer, who was watching The Game with Allsky.  I know the RMC fans are disappointed, but what a great season.  Congratulations to Sydney!  We'll be rooting for you in the NCAA playoffs!  Peace 

TXMike

You were not at the goal line but I suspect there were at least 2 officials who were .  Who would have had the better look?

TheEHC52

at Ferrum                          •      W, 50-7               
at North Carolina Wesleyan •    L, 20-16    
Newport News                    •    W, 35-14          
at Methodist                       •    W, 13-3    
Hampden-Sydney               •      W, 29-19          
at Randolph-Macon             •    L, 28-25          
Bridgewater                        •    L, 17-14          
at Catholic                          •      L, 31-21            
Washington and Lee           •      L, 17-14          
at Guilford                          •      L, 21-17

Six loses by a combined 29 points.  I'm going to take a karma hit here, but beating H-SC shows that we've got the talent to win when the game plan is there.  With so many tight games, I personally feel we just got outcoached in the final five games.  Even my mother can coach a D to stop run, run, pass, punt.  When E&H went off script today they performed the best (i.e. bringing in the power back on 4th and inches and running playaction).  My heart hurts for the group of seniors that went out today without a winning season, but they never gave up and did everything in their power to win.  Blitzing on 3rd and 10 late in the game with a tight lead and your opponent pinned deep is indicative of some of the poor choices made this year.  Hopefully the coaching staff will step back and reevaluate how closely they should stick to the script next year.

TheEHC52

I feel like there are 8 ODAC football teams now- HSC, RMC, BC, CUA, W&L, GC, E&H and the Zebras of the ODAC School for the Blind and Deaf.  God bless you, TXMike, for being such a zealous advocate for your school as much as the rest of us are for ours.

e h dad

NEWS FLASH......QUAKERS DELIVER KNOCKOUT BLOW TO THE WASP'S.
WHO SAID QUAKERS WERE  A BUNCH OF PACIFIST'S.
Well guys I can't wait to see what is offered up by Monty to why the Wasp's had such a horrific season.

It would be truly a breathe of fresh air if Monty would be completely candid and forthright and admit that he and the coaching staff did not do a very good job this year.If they were to grade themselves like they do film?What kind of grade would they give themselves?Even better how would the players grade the coaches?

Please Coach no cliches or excuses .....would have,should have,or could have.

In three years: 1-9,6-4,4-6......11-19 REBUILDING?

Hasa,
I know you are a very happy man tonight and I'm happy for you and your fine Guilford team.

Congratulations......HSC....ODAC Champs....Make us proud in the playoffs.

E&H Dad

e h dad

NEWS FLASH......QUAKERS DELIVER KNOCKOUT BLOW TO THE WASP'S.
WHO SAID QUAKERS WERE  A BUNCH OF PACIFIST'S.
Well guys I can't wait to see what is offered up by Monty to why the Wasp's had such a horrific season.

It would be truly a breathe of fresh air if Monty would be completely candid and forthright and admit that he and the coaching staff did not do a very good job this year.If they were to grade themselves like they do film?What kind of grade would they give themselves?Even better how would the players grade the coaches?

Please Coach no cliches or excuses .....would have,should have,or could have.

In three years: 1-9,6-4,4-6......11-19 REBUILDING?

Hasa,
I know you are a very happy man tonight and I'm happy for you and your fine Guilford team.

Congratulations......HSC....ODAC Champs....Make us proud in the playoffs.

E&H Dad

e h dad

Sorry about the double post.....I have very angry fingers tonight.

EHD

ODACfan4life

Congrats to Hampden Sydney.  Favret is one heckuva creative coach and makes it fun to watch for sure.

HSC's offensive line gave Sedlar great protection and don't get enough credit. 

Either Sedlar (crazy stats for season), Simpson (same) or Smith could be POY.  I vote for the senior Smith - what a season and career and student.

D3Waterboy

Quote from: e h dad on November 10, 2007, 05:28:56 PM

EHD

There is a 'delete' button, to erase duplicate postings.

D3Waterboy

Quote from: e h dad on November 10, 2007, 05:28:56 PM

EHD

There is a 'delete' button, to erase duplicate postings.