FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacketlawyer

Quote from: allsky7 on October 12, 2008, 06:59:38 AM
 The last shutout was the 7 to 0 Mud Bowl W over R-MC in 2002. I had the pleasure of being at that game. Any W over the Jackets is memorable but that is one I will never forget.  ;)

I was there, too.  That was a great game.

Hopefully Pedro has gotten some things worked out in Ashland. Hopefully.  ::)

We have a long trip to E&H this weekend.  We need all of our remaining games.
" and do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends." -The Taming of the Shrew

Jeremybozz

I recall the roar on the away side of Jopson Field when the W&L/RMC score was announced a few weeks ago.

tigerfanalso

Congratulations to the Tigers; specifically to the defensive unit. We all know the Tigers are going to score but for the first time in along time, the defensive unit has been good as of late (minus the 4th quarter @ Bridgewater).

That being said, they better play 4 quarters of good solid ball this coming weekend or W&L will beat them. I said beginning the year their two most difficult games were going to be @ Bridgewater and @ W&L. They got out of Bridgewater with a win now they need to play their best game of the year this weekend. My bet is they'll do it !!!!

Good luck to all this coming weekend !!!!!

HSCguy

tigerfanalso,  this week (W&L) and next week (Catholic) will be the tiger's biggest hurdles for the second half of their schedule.  They will have to play like their lives depend on the outcome for the rest of the season and it starts this weekend in lexington.  i have faith in my boys and i know they will get it done these next few weeks.  i am just hoping that they can win out and host a home playoff game because that will definitely play out to their advantage...GO TIGERS!!!

tigerfanalso

HSC has a long road ahead with some very difficult games remaining on its schedule; @ W&L, CU @ home, @Huntingdon (undefeated to date) @ home against RMC. None of these games will be easy. The Tigers must play their best football each of the last four games or anything could happen. I have confidence in them but the road home is not going to be an easy one.
If they win three of the four I would consider that a job well done, anything less will adversely effect post season play, or eliminate that possibility all together, depending on where the loss(es) fall and against whom. If they run the table, no question, they are for real.

Go Tigers and good luck to everyone this weekend (minus W&L). Should be a great ball game up in Lexington.

HSC85

tigerfanalso,

I agree with you that the hard part of the HSC schedule is in front of the Tigers.  I think one of the hardest things to do in sports is to repeat as champions.  That is why I was so impressed with the Bridgewater teams of earlier this decade.  The Tigers are having a great season.  They should be favored in each of the last four games but, they could lose any of them as well.  W&L is playing real well right now and they have not lost at home in quite a while.  Saturday will be quite a challenge.  I predict that the Tigers will prevail in a close game.  I remember one game back in the '80s that ended 3-0 at W&L.  I don't think that it will be in that category, but I would not be surprised with a hardfought low scoring game.

tigerfanalso

HSC85

Do you really see a low scoring game in light of last years shoot out (I think 45 to 42)? I guess you are saying the W&L defense has improved as well.
Time will tell what happens and hopefully I'll be able to jump in the car Saturday morning and make the drive to Lexington to see first hand just how the game plays out.  Hopefully Marty and Wes will have a game plan well suited for the Gennies and the guys will go out and execute.
Go Tigers !!!!

HSC85

Tigerfanalso,

I do see a low scoring game.  I feel that Washington and Lee will play very well at home.  Last season, I felt that the HSC coaches felt that they had to have a shootout to win.  This year in the King's game and in the Emory and Henry game, they seemed content to control the game with time of possession instead of scoring as many points as possible.  I sense there is more confidence in the defense to not let the other team score on every possession.  It could go either way, but my feeling is a lower scoring game.

Round One

HSC85

You're probably right about low scoring; I've noticed that lately Marty hates to score and has told Cory not to throw anymore long passes. Yes, hates to score about as much as he loves officials, and how often does he take the time to commend them for a job well done even during the game. ;)

JK

The D is playing well. At Bridgewater, the line judge missed a perfectly good INT that would have killed the fourth quarter raid and made a big difference in the outcome.

hasanova

llamaguy, et al, who's making the trip to Guilford this weekend?  I'm getting hungry already.  lol   Let me know if you need a good spot for Stone Station and I'll see what I can do to help again this year.

TXMike

Looks like not so good weather forecast for Lexington on Saturday, 30% chance of showers and temps from 40-56.  Sunday looks nice so maybe the weather can get in there and out there before Saturday afternoon.

Olinemom

Quote from: hasanova on October 14, 2008, 05:25:33 PM
llamaguy, et al, who's making the trip to Guilford this weekend?  I'm getting hungry already.  lol   Let me know if you need a good spot for Stone Station and I'll see what I can do to help again this year.
The plan is to come as far as I know.  I know that I am coming with brownies.  As I have been under the weather this week, I had my friend, Claudja, the baker, make them for me and they are wonderful!!  So when the Alumni bus pulls in, I'll be there!  Llamaguy had said that he was coming.  But that was before the trip to Mexico.  I can't imagine that we won't be there and hope there is a place for us.  Can't wait to see the improvements to the stadium.  Could you let me know about the weather.  I'm going to PM u my cell phone # so you can give me a call and let me know cause I think I have to go back to bed  :( :( so I can be better for tomorrow.  Just hope that my boys will play a whole game instead of just a quarter or just a half.  That's how it's been so far!  Will send PM now. :) :)  Hope the gCV OLiners will be there as well.  Haven't seen any messages from them this year, but always hopeful!!!
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

Trenches

Quote from: Olinemom on October 17, 2008, 03:19:40 PM
The plan is to come as far as I know.  I know that I am coming with brownies.  As I have been under the weather this week, I had my friend, Claudja, the baker, make them for me and they are wonderful!!  So when the Alumni bus pulls in, I'll be there!  Llamaguy had said that he was coming.  But that was before the trip to Mexico.  I can't imagine that we won't be there and hope there is a place for us.  Can't wait to see the improvements to the stadium.  Could you let me know about the weather.  I'm going to PM u my cell phone # so you can give me a call and let me know cause I think I have to go back to bed  :( :( so I can be better for tomorrow.  Just hope that my boys will play a whole game instead of just a quarter or just a half.  That's how it's been so far!  Will send PM now. :) :)  Hope the gCV OLiners will be there as well.  Haven't seen any messages from them this year, but always hopeful!!!

Haven't been on here much this season (at least to post).. I'm not sure if I am going to be able to make it or not yet (work). If I don't get a chance, good luck to the quakers and get the job done at home. If I do get to go, I will be looking for the BC crew and the famous olinemom brownies.

Llamaguy

Sorry I missed you Hasanova! Unfortunately I won't be making the trip to Greensboro this go round. My 12yr old son has a golf tournament tomorrow and dad will be by his side, Happy Gilmore style. (well, with a little less facial hair.)  LOL! I believe oil can and a few others are making the trip tough. Here is to good weather and a safe and well played game.
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

hasanova

Quote from: Llamaguy on October 17, 2008, 10:13:49 PM

Sorry I missed you Hasanova! Unfortunately I won't be making the trip to Greensboro this go round. My 12yr old son has a golf tournament tomorrow and dad will be by his side, Happy Gilmore style. (well, with a little less facial hair.)  LOL! I believe oil can and a few others are making the trip tough. Here is to good weather and a safe and well played game.
Hey, llamaguy.  I'm sorry you won't be at the game tomorrow, but I certainly understand.  I've heard from Olinemom and look forward to seeing everyone who makes the trip.  Good luck to your son tomorrow!