WBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletics Association

Started by MJA, February 24, 2005, 06:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwjjdd

Hope 60 / Wisconsin Lutheran 54
Scary moment in the 2nd half when Maura McAfee went down under the basket after a rebound.  They treated her calf and re-wrapped her ankle and she went back in later, limping only slightly.  Hope shot poorly for most of the first half, but had a small spurt just before the half.  Hannah Doell had a great game scoring and had her usual great defense and rebounding.  The result was in doubt until the end, leads varying from 2-6 points in Hope's favor.  But a big 3 by Brittany Berry put the game out of reach. 
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber, Founder, Faber College, 1904

Captain_Joe08

Hope moves on but it wasn't easy as they held off Wisconsin Lutheran 60-54.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

sac

Great season Hope!

Hwbb

A well-played game befitting the top-ten rankings of both teams...and one that should never have been played this early in the tournament. Congrats to the Flying Dutch on a terrific season.

wwjjdd

For what it’s worth, Brittany Berry missed the last 8± minutes of the first half, which didn’t help the cause.  However, as stated above, this was an amazing year from a great group of young ladies and I really can’t wait until next year when they should have Angelique and Rebecca back in addition to the usual 2-3 three contributing freshpersons that Mo always seems to come up with.  I also have good reason to believe that Brittany will be back as well.  Life is good!
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber, Founder, Faber College, 1904

sac

Roundball999

Congratulations to Hope's Maura McAfee fro making the D3hoops.com All-America 4th team.  The future is surely bright for Hope and this outstanding sophomore.  Maura and national player of the year Sydney Moss were the only sophomores selected.

I'm a little surprised Olivet's Stefanie Lang didn't get a mention.  I realize she has some limitations but 21.0 ppg, 13.9 rpg, 54% shooting is pretty darn impressive and she forces opponents to gameplan around her. Nonetheless, congratulations to Stefanie on a fantastic season.

sac

This was quite a find, Alma vs Moravian  1992 National Championship game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NIJyINHtQg

pointlem

Quote from: sac on March 23, 2014, 01:54:38 PM
This was quite a find, Alma vs Moravian  1992 National Championship game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NIJyINHtQg
Great find, Sac . . . and what a great (standing room only) house at Moravian, including a huge and enthusiastic student section.  When I visited a few of this year's women's games online, I was similarly impressed by the student section at Olivet and Whitman women's games. 

gordonmann

Yeah, assuming it's the same place, Moravian has a pretty small gym, particularly for seating capacity. I think the bleachers only go up 10 or 12 rows. I've broadcasted from there and it's one of the lowest "top of the bleacher" sight lines I can remember.

sac

kate

So sad, she was so very young - condolences to all who knew her.